Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Missing contacts

Konenija

Missing contacts

My phone numbers saved on the device are missing in the contacts folder but the messages with those numbers are still in the messages folder withthenames and numbers properly written.how do I get the numbers back on the device? My phone is Nokia asha 200.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Are you sure you have set the phone to display the Phone phone numbers and not just the SIM card phone numbers? Or both? If you delete a phone number, the text messages from that contact will still remain in the phone.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Konenija

In my Nokia Asha 200, all contacts in both the device and the sim are displayed. The messages of the missing numbers are still in the phone with the names that I stored them in the phone used to identify them. When I checked the memory of the device it was completely empty. I want to know if there is any place I could press in the phone to get the phone restored to a certain day as in most computers. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Doesn't sound good to me. Unfortunately there is no way to recover data (unless you wish to visit and pay money to a professional in your area), but you can always take your phone to your local Nokia Care point and see if they can work any magic to help you out: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Open sync and backup and select phone switch. Maybe the contacts might transfer to other phone.
Also try backup option and backup contacts.
Now open your hidden backup folder on the memory card using a card reader on your pc and open the hidden folder with winrar software, explore predef hidden folder so that you can find contacts there.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
atherosxd

Hello

I Have the same as him. I Have no save contacts on my Phonebook(Names) but if I will create a message and try to use the Number or mail and after inputting the number. It will show it with a Contact name. try different Sims,reflashing and hardresets it is still their.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

Sounds similar to a problem I had with Nokia sync [it used to be Ovi sync], syncing would remove many & sometimes all of my contacts & I had to restore using Nokia suite. If you use Nokia sync then the contacts should be listed on the Ovimail/
Nokiamail webmail contacts list, even if you think you've not used it the app may have synced automatically without you knowing.
Hth,
Photobucket
Please use plain text.