Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My E90 review

Professor

[ Edited ]
@sapporobaby
"I strongly recommend paying the extra"

Great advice again. Pay some extra to purchase most expensive device on market, and pay more to get it usable :smileywink: :smileyhappy:

But yes, business matters. No money, no funny

Message Edited by turo on 24-Sep-200710:18 AM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

I pay what I want, when I want it for whatever I want. For me the E90 was not expensive and is worth the money. I have not problems with its price.

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Professor

24-Sep-200710:24 AM
sapporobaby wrote:
I pay what I want, when I want it for whatever I want. For me the E90 was not expensive and is worth the money. I have not problems with its price.

Not only price, but time as well. When featuers are not ready on device, you need to pay time and money. And you need to have knowledge what to buy and where.

But yes, some people do want something in return to spent money. People are odd :smileywink:

So. Communicator is now for rich and wice. I'm don't belong neither, so maybe need to choose among other products?
Please use plain text.
Professor

24-Sep-200711:41 AM
turo wrote:

24-Sep-200710:24 AM
sapporobaby wrote:

Not only price, but time as well. When featuers are not ready on device, you need to pay time and money. And you need to have knowledge what to buy and where.

But yes, some people do want something in return to spent money. People are odd :smileywink:

So. Communicator is now for rich and wice. I'm don't belong neither, so maybe need to choose among other products?

100% with you :smileywink:
Domdom
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Turo, maybe you and dom_dom can share a ride down to the local store to get new devices. I encourage you to do so that you can take your sadness elsewhere. I have tried to give you as much advice as possible regarding the E90. There should be a new upgrade coming that will hopefully fix things. I am disappointed but I do not moan on and on about it. Life is full of choices. You can talk about it or be about it. Amanda5, while I may disagree with, has my respect because he went out and did something. Not just come back day in, day out to complain about the obvious.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Professor

24-Sep-200712:43 PM
sapporobaby wrote:
Turo, maybe you and dom_dom can share a ride down to the local store to get new devices. I encourage you to do so that you can take your sadness elsewhere. I have tried to give you as much advice as possible regarding the E90. There should be a new upgrade coming that will hopefully fix things. I am disappointed but I do not moan on and on about it. Life is full of choices. You can talk about it or be about it. Amanda5, while I may disagree with, has my respect because he went out and did something. Not just come back day in, day out to complain about the obvious.

People have to live with 1000 euro device. Most don't just go and buy other 1k device.

I just disagree your advice to spend more money to useless SW. I'm not sad, just realistic.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Useless is subjective. Your view might be different than my view. So here we are even.

To some the E90 is a disappointment, to others it is the best thing since sliced bread. Takes all kind to make a world. If you can, put your E90 on ebay. I am sure you will get many offers for it.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

E90 is the right successor for previous communicators I think.
Please use plain text.
Professor

24-Sep-200701:33 PM
sapporobaby wrote:
Useless is subjective. Your view might be different than my view. So here we are even.

To some the E90 is a disappointment, to others it is the best thing since sliced bread. Takes all kind to make a world. If you can, put your E90 on ebay. I am sure you will get many offers for it.

Let's put it this way.

SW in device should be good without need to buy more. Now every advice has been to get 3rd party SW. Some free, some having cost. Even with most basic functions, need to buy SW
Please use plain text.
Professor

24-Sep-200701:46 PM
korngear wrote:
E90 is the right successor for previous communicators I think.

E90 is the best S60 device, but not the best if you take price to account
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

Don't think so.
That superb screen,
3.2 Mpix camera,
the more powerful hinge,
the quality keyboard,
the proper series.
It just worths it.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Imagine that.

Well, Nokia has chosen to follow the majority and not the few (or perceived few). Only time will tell, but it appears the masses have spoken.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Professor

24-Sep-200701:57 PM
korngear wrote:
Don't think so.
That superb screen,
3.2 Mpix camera,
the more powerful hinge,
the quality keyboard,
the proper series.
It just worths it.

Sure :smileywink: HW quality is good and it's nice.

Very nice keyboard lights also.

And that camera! Just great, agree. All those pixels! When i bought just a camera, it cost almost same then E90! And only couple mega pixels more. But just camera, nothing else. You can only take great pictures, but you can't send those via MMS. Though it was also sold as camera only.

Why do I expect that there would be a good phonebook in communicator? Or messaging? When there is camera and GPS. I can use my time navigating, no need to play with messages :smileywink: Or play with browser
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

No one here is telling that you wont expect the feauters that you can get from the 3rd party sources.
If you don like the calc, then why dont you get a more functional calc from 3rd party?

Either it is series 60 or series 80, there are opportunities to install 3rd party application and enhance the performance.
Please use plain text.
Professor

24-Sep-200702:19 PM
korngear wrote:
No one here is telling that you wont expect the feauters that you can get from the 3rd party sources.
If you don like the calc, then why dont you get a more functional calc from 3rd party?

Either it is series 60 or series 80, there are opportunities to install 3rd party application and enhance the performance.

It's about getting most important features with device. E90 is sold as communicator and mobile. Not multimedia device or navigator. Do i need calculator in business? Probably not then? Or multitasking in 'business' messaging? Probably not then.

E90 is good device. Just don't see why sold as business device or communicator. Basic mobile with splended HW. Very basic features + GPS.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

Sorry, cant agree.
Its not basic.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

[ Edited ]
Some of these threads descended into a scrap last week. Please, ladies and gentlemen, let's not have that happening again - if I have to keep editing things I might not fit all of my tea-breaks in. :smileyhappy:

I may be new around here, but even I can see that there is some dissatisfaction with this model. You're all entitled to your opinions, but keep all posts constructive please, and no name-calling!

Message Edited by michaels on 24-Sep-2007 04:00 PM

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Professor

24-Sep-200703:09 PM
korngear wrote:
Sorry, cant agree.
Its not basic.

What is there then? Can you name at least one application upon active notes and GPS? Or one feature in some app, better then old communicator. As listed, at least many features dropped.

And also, what application is more then basic S60 has? Calculator? Messaging? Telephone? MMS editor? SMS editor? Mail features included out of the box?

Sorry mate :smileywink: I see just same basic applications in any other S60 device has.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

You have mentioned this across several threads and I have to ask: who cares? The E90 does what it says it will do. Nokia did not force anyone to buy it. You have that right not to. Next time exercise it.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Professor

25-Sep-200711:54 AM
sapporobaby wrote:
You have mentioned this across several threads and I have to ask: who cares? The E90 does what it says it will do. Nokia did not force anyone to buy it. You have that right not to. Next time exercise it.

That is your review now? You don't have to buy it?

As written already, basic Symbian for yuppies :smileywink: Why have the best, when you can have avarage
Please use plain text.