Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NEED HLP I WANT TO CHANGE COVERS ON A NOKIA 93...

Registered Member

NEED HLP I WANT TO CHANGE COVERS ON A NOKIA 9300

Hiya i need some hlp ive jst bought a nokia 9300 communicator  but its all scratched so i want to change all of the covers is it easy to do and is there like instuctions on how to do it as i cant find any online on how to do it .  carphone warehouse said it would cost me 45pound and thats wiv me supplying the parts the cheek on it lmao so any hlp i would b greatfull

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: NEED HLP I WANT TO CHANGE COVERS ON A NOKIA 9300

you should see if the cpwh send it to a nokia care point and i would suggest you do so, if not i would send it myself to nokia as the job will be done correctly and the price they said is not bad if its including the parts

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: NEED HLP I WANT TO CHANGE COVERS ON A NOKIA 9300

Changing covers on the 9300 is something that you can do yourself.

I had broken my back battery cover hinge and order a new one from a little outfit in Hong Kong (found them on eBay).  The "kit" came with a new front cover, back cover and front keypad.

I changed the battery cover right away, but after three years, my front cover was pretty worn so I finally changed it.

To remove...use a fingernail to press in the little plastic button that's a little over a centimeter long and located at the bottom of the front cover.  While holding this button in, carefully pry the cover starting from the bottom.

It comes off with just a little effort.  You'll also find that the front keypad is loose and just sits on top of the sensors and is held in place by the cover.

To install the new cover, insert the little tabs at the top of the 9300 first then work your way down both sides until you get to the bottom. You'll have to hold the little button in to get the cover to lock in place.

Enjoy!

I've had my 9300 for over three years now and just recently switched to an N97.

Please use plain text.