Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA E71 how to remove phone lock YIPPEE

Contributor
crystal_777

NOKIA E71 how to remove phone lock YIPPEE

[ Edited ]

I have finally found a site to unlock my E71   so u don't have to keep putting in 12345  before you can use your phone ((how annoying )) ... Download Nokia  PC Suite first (the updated one)  from site below ... Or if you already have it on your computer go to control panel click on add and remove then Nokia PC Suite it will ask you to install or repair click on repair and that will give you the updated version ....

the only way you can remove phone lock is to update  your Nokia E71s  software ..But make sure you BACKUP your phone before hand or you will delete everything ..

open Nokia PC Suite then click on update software takes about 15min but well worth it

you can also download the games the phone originally came with ... Solitaire etc from this site

hope it works for you  I was about to throw my phone at a wall:smileymad:

http://www.nokia.com.au/get-support-and-software/product-support/nokia-e71/software

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: NOKIA E71 how to remove phone lock YIPPEE

Uhm, just go to security settings on your phone and disable phone lock. No need for all of those things you did.

You could activate and deactivate phone lock on your phone anytime you wish.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
crystal_777

hi i tried that but it didnt work kept saying unable to unlock phone :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Ah, you had a faulty firmware.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
crystal_777

more likely... but now its back to normal..like new :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sunnikp

I disabled...after long days of trial and error, finally.

Its easy..go to menu-tools-encryption.

choose the phone memory to 'off'. (if u have ur phone encrypted, u have to first decrypt it)

now go to tools-settings-general-security-phone and sim card-phone autolock period.

change to 'none'

DONE .

Please use plain text.