Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA MODERATORS ONLY

Advisor
Adamastos

[ Edited ]

Hey carman58

You have answered part of my problem and it appears from other posts that you have a fair understanding of the new Nokia way of getting things done.

Can you please explain to me how to set up OneNote and any other MS Apps that does not need a corporate server somewhere.

Can I just delete Lync for instance and leave the rest?

I use Microsoft Outlook.

I have 2 email addresses at 2 different internet service providers.

1 is work related and 1 is my personal account.

How can I set up a reminder to visually show me that new mail has arrived and for some reason I did not hear the notification tone?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

@Adamastos
1. You can remove Lync from your device and leave rest. Select Menu > Settings > Installations > Already installed > scroll down and Long Tap Microsoft Lync and select remove.
2. The WindowsID account (hotmail) and sign in is required to sync OneNotes. You can sync OneNote only via SkyDriver, but you can see documents on PC and mobile after you have synched them. To establish synchronization select Options (softkey on right corner)> Sync to SkyDrive > Sign In, type your Windows Live ID and password, then select Sign In.

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

[ Edited ]

Dearest SVI,

I am really glad the nokia forum moderators are taking some time to look into this forum. But this is in no away any use to us.

FOR PEOPLE IN GENERAL

PLEASE DONOT POST YOUR PROBLEMS IN HERE CONCERNING E7 AND SOFTWARE ISSUES. THIS POST HAS BEEN PARTICULARLY ADDRESSED TOWARDS THE NOKIA MODERATORS TO BRING IT THEIR AWARENESS THAT WHAT MESS BELLE HAS MADE

It s so sad that you people still haven't turned out with any update to resolve the issues the Eseries users are facing with the belle. Your coming out with phones with a 41 megapixel sensor and yet you have so many unsatisfied customers. You people really have some amazing marketing skills , not to forget the classy customer care.

For the past one month my E7 has turned into the most unreliable phone I have ever had. It out of the blue just decides to restart it self and at times doesn't want to come back on. THANKS TO YOUR SMART BELLE UPDATE. Now I have to carry two phones because I never know when this ridiculously expensive paper weight will die out on me.

I seriously don't know who the BRILLIANT mind is behind this belle. Its very clear that he is pretty much drunk all the time. If you guys can't come up with an update that will resolve the eseries issues , then at least please thank him for writing such DARN good system code that runs super smooth. 

NOKIA E SERIES WAS NEVER A KIDS OR A TEENS PHONE . PLEASE WAKE UP AND REALISE THIS. WE PUT OUR TRUST IN YOU AND MADE AN INVESTMENT INTO YOUR PRODUCT AND IF THIS IS HOW YOU PEOPLE DECIDE TO PAY US BACK, THEN ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE YOUR BETTER JUDGE.

Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

[ Edited ]

@malange007

I TOTALY AGREE WITH YOU!!

I hate my E6 very very much!!!!!!! thats not a businesphone, its a phone with a ^#%$$^ camera without AF, you cant even get EMails because there are no notifications, popup, icons......you cant even write SMS becuase there isnt a counter to get the magic 160letters...COME ON!!!

I'm using my E72 again, but i am waiting only till end of march, when there is no update for the E6(to solve all the damn bugs) i will sell that phone and wont buy NOKIA ANY MORE!!!!

I use nokia since 5110(ca. 15years) but E6 sucks really a lot!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Adamastos

I notice a post of mine have been removed by haZey from Nokia.

Is it because I asked the simple question of why I cannot sync my E7 direct to my PC but that I HAVE to use SkyDrive when I use any Microsoft APPs?

Is it because I asked the question why with Windows Phone there is no direct sync possible, but only via SkyDrive?

Or is it because my questions were getting to close to home for comfort?

Now come now haZey - if my post was not appropriate... why delete it?  Why not just transfer it to a more appropriate forum (in your opinion) and inform me?

Please use plain text.
Suji_Giri

1. Calander widget showing only one entry. It is too much. Anna is better.

2. Time widget is looking good. It showing 'Time', 'AM/PM' and Date. But where is the Day Name?
You can put Day Name below the 'Hours' number. (like 'Date' existed below the minutes number.)

3. Single contact widget is good. If I can add shortcuts of contacts on home screen is very good. That means I can arrange very important contacts as Widgets and important contacts as Shortcuts on home screen.

4. E-mail widget is nice. (If you can give an option to resize is better)

5. Why restrictions for number of home-screens? Let decide user to how many screens they need.

6. Search widget is good. But some times 'Web' search is not working. That time I am manually opening brower and searching.

7. Alarm not sneez after five minutes. (Anna working better).

8. One thing very important with music player is... I am not able to short 'Albums' A to Z. When I choose 'Music Player>Options>Albums', it shorting by Album Artist. Not by albums A to Z. Please add this options.

And there is no search option to find pirticular Album or song quickly. (like 'Contacts' search).

We don't want new names of symbian. We want improved and more strenthen SYMBIAN.:smileyhappy:

Thank U.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokE6_00

NOKIA MODERATORS ONLY

Can Nokia upgrade the Camera software of this fone? Fixed focus is fine but there are times that photos very blurred, i mean, Unlike the other camera phones like the n73, e6-00 doesn't have sports mode for capturing images. 8-megapixel should be more flexible as i think.

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

@malange:

thank you very much for the pains taken in sensitizing the nokians about the pain that belle is.

as you have covered 99% of the issues-list, and since i have nothing more to say/add, i only ask the nokians who read this: any good news?

like for example: firmware update for us poor E7 belle users?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Adamastos

I have noticed on my E7-00

1.  No "count down" of how many characters the sms message length is
  2.  The phone "re-boots" unexpectedly and without reason
  3.  No indication of e-mail in "top bar" like for alarm, sms and conectivity

Nokia suite indicates all updates/softwares are up to date.

Getting used to nice phone.

Just a pity of these small operating system problems.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Adamastos

Nokia E7-00 and Belle.

1. Phone without warning connects "head phones" with no hardware plugged in or no BlueTooth devices nearby. Therefore when phone rings there is no sound and speaker etc.
  2. While on mains charge or connected to PC via USB, it changes the current profile ring tones without warning
  3. Found today that the BlueTooth pairing to my PC was lost without warning
  4. Also find that Wi-Fi intermittendly does not connect automatically to a known Wi-Fi network, like at home
  5. Phone freezes and needs to be re-booted with the "9 seconds off-button hold and 3 vibrations" technique. Normal off and on does not work to restore proper functionality.  Some icons for programs you want to keep running in the background are scrambled etc.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Well Nokia mods, I am on a first name basis with my local NokiaCare centre. I must be the only user in Adelaide, Australia. 6 or 7 vists with faults since September last year, now on my third replacement handset.

I could learn to live with Belle on the E7, but the software is making this harder and harder. I backed up according to the manual and when given my replacement handset restored my Belle backup to my E7 and found myself back at NokiaCare within a week due to symptoms such as these;

1. Consistent WiFi disconnections.
  2. Emails getting stuck in outbox.
  3. Email crashing repeatedly.
  4. Nokia suite failing to install correctly.
  5. Nokia suite failing to install apps repeatedly.
  6. Nokia suite crashing repeatedly.
  7. Opera 12 crashing to phone reboot then disappearing from handset.
  8. E7 crashing and rebooting.
  9. Blackscreening and total lockups.

Could any of the Nokia reps please explain to me exactly why my backup and restoration failed, and what is the use of a large support software on my PC which fails to provide the ability to backup and restore a user's handset information?

My handset has been re-flashed to factory Belle tonight and I was advised to sync back to handset ONLY contacts and messages to "see how the handset behaves for a few days"!

Really!?

Oh, and by the way, when I go to the product page and click support do I get any online? No, I get dropped into Nokia discussions and have to log in almost every time, I get no hardware specific information other than glossily designed web pages (sorry).

Just wanted to add my concerns in this thread.

Former Psion 3a-5-5mx & Psion netbook (Symbian) user who had an E63, E71
Now an E7 casualty remembering the 8 replacement Nokia Orange (or was that Lemon?) 2140's I had in 1996...
Please use plain text.
David__R

I read this thread with interest.  I also use my E7 for business.  I am not a teenager who wants flashy **bleep** all over their phone.  What I want is informaton and detail.  I want small fonts which allow me to pack as much information on to one screen as possible.  I used to have 4 email accounts AND a clock AND the calender/date button AND the notifications information all on one screen.  Now this takes three screens and is much more difficult to use.

As someone mentioned in this thread.  What I bought was an E7 with Anna on it.  What I now have is NOT what I purchased.  Nokia, you have removed the product that I purchased.  Unless Anna can be made available for the E7 again I will be seeking a refund on this now-useless phone.

Please note, I mean usless TO ME.  I bought it to be useful TO ME.  Your software developers cannot try to guess what I want based on the comments of others.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
q_singularity

Dear Nokia,
For some weeks I have been following all this and reading the few responses from your company to requests to have Anna back on E6.
All you tell me is that 'the majority of customers' prefer Belle and that you won't allow Anna to be restored.
You do not seem to care about the 'customer experience' of loyal customers using business phones, or respect their wishes.
Belle may be great on N8, great for the majority of bigger-screen-phone-users, and great for shareholder value, but it simply is not OK for the E6.
Please give me back the phone I bought. Let me restore Anna. After 18 years of Nokia I deserve that in the very least.         

Belle is not good for shareholder value. The present decline proves it.

Belle is not prefered by the majority of bigger screen users. Belle's speciality is to mess up big screens only.

Belle is not great on N8. The huge thread in fhis forum proves that.

Belle is not business.

Nokia is not going to roll-back. They are so smart to say that roll-back is not possible in symbian.

Belle is doom for nokia. Time is proving it, and will prove it.

They are making a big noise about 808. With belle? They dare not. They don't. They will not.

You know what i think about 808?

I think that the ONLY thing that 808 does and has is its 41 mega pixel camera.

IT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE.

Why do i care? Because i have put in my hard earned money just like many many others in this forum who experience agony and frustration.

If it were US, there will have been a class action suit. Since Nokia smartly pitches in vulnerable countries like India, it gets away with a lot.

But hey, i have been bitten twice. I have set up an E-series fossil collection. I am set for the next 20 years. Let the policy makers who abandoned Symbian smoke their bleeps.

desperately waiting for an update from "Symbian Belle 111.030.0609" to "Nokia Belle" with all the fixes, and without any new tumours!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
q_singularity

am sure the moderators are very very busy censoring the posts in this thread! i won't be surprized to see my post removed. but atleast they hear my voice and give me an opportunity to speakup?! thank you nokia.

desperately waiting for an update from "Symbian Belle 111.030.0609" to "Nokia Belle" with all the fixes, and without any new tumours!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BrendaBrenda

its funny how Nokia says all these things about OS updates, continuous improvement, brings better performances, not possible to downgrade because they want to bring u the latest and the best and bla bla bla... But all these topics that have been discussed here were all about the nightmares after upgrade - slow performances, no more language support, no more localization... This is just so ironic! Me too got upgraded to Belle a month ago, and it was truly a BAD mistake. I am too a loyal customer, i got my first mobile phone the legendary Nokia 3310 in year 98, and have been a Nokia user ever since. And now i think E7 would be my last Nokia phone. You just cant go further with it anymore when they stop listening to customer experience...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

Now it's been 4 months and not a single OS update. I think, that Nokia just waits until older Symbian models will get outdated and their owners will go and buy new Lumias.

Forget it, Nokia. If I will ever get interested in Windows phones, I'd rather buy HTC.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cypherq

Well I gave up on my E7 a couple of months back now. Belle was just a disaster for me. Anna UI was mostly perfect.

I regret to say that this will be my last Nokia phone. I think moving away from Symbian will be a move that Nokia will come to regret in future, I wish if they had made a choice to move OS they would have gone with Meamo or something.

Ended up going with an Android device - got a Motorola Atrix device with a Lapdock - not a bad combination. Android is taking some getting used to but at least I find it better than the half way house that is Belle.

Really sad TBH. Wished Nokia hadn't gone this route - I have been a Nokia user for a long time now and have been very impressed with their hardware and software over the years.

Please use plain text.
repicca

Mmmmm, very interesting thread.

I've only had NOKIA phones since the good old 3311.

I've been looking for a new SmartPhone for my job connections, I need it flexible, with support to several languages and characters as I work in many different countries, sturdy OS without too many frills and gadget for teenagers, a good web browsing and big possibilities to interchange files, contacts, photos etc with my other Nokia phone(s) and with the PC, NOT ABSOLUTELY on the cloud.

I had a terrible deception with the Lumia 900, a beautiful hw object, with the stiffer and most annoying OS I've ever see (You complain of Belle ? Try WinPhone 7.5 :smileymad:) which is barely not offering what I expected, above all in term of transferring data.

I've been considering this E-7.

But after reading this thread I understand I could get another big deception.

The most incredible point is that there is NO WAY OF STEP BACK from a non satisfactory update :smileysurprised:

This is going against every rule of common sense and the basic of informatics since its very beginning.

Only a monstrous presumption may take anybody to say that he knows the best for his customers better then themselves, and treat them like sheep. Pure commercial suicide, I feel.

So, my dear guys of NOKIA, I feel I am obliged to give up and switch to some 'Droid, maybe a double sym, or I'll have to do it for 2 phones in one shot to keep an easy interchange of data.

No surprise that the leader of the market is no more coming from Finland.

Thank to you guys for your fight to get what you paid for, and inform who still did not paid that he will not get what he's looking for. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.