Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New E7 Belle missing some widgets?

Contributor
zzabur2

New E7 Belle missing some widgets?

I just got myself a new Nokia E7-00 few days back and it came with Symbian Belle straight out from the box. Which was rather nice. And I really like it as general :smileyhappy:

But now I've noticed, that I seem to be missing some of the "default" widgets that should come with the device.
Gathered from Camilla Lindman's presentation video
http://youtu.be/FBCbWrvOEpw?t=27s
and from some other places so there might be some inaccuraties what is suppose to be on the phone, but I think at least these:

- 3G on/off
 - Bluetooth On/Off
 - BBC News | News Fro...
 - Bookmark
 - Calendar, agenda
 - Clock, big analog
 - Clock, mechanic
 - Cnn.com
 - Cnn Video delivers up-t...
 - E!
 - Mobile data on/Off
 - Mobile data tracker
 - Music Player Compact
 - Notifications
 - Offline on/off
 - Weather, forecast
 - Weather, now

(there might be some others missing as weel, which I'm just not aware off).

From the "on/off" -widgets I only have the 'Wi-Fi on/off'
Strangest thing is, that I have a widget for 'Calendar, agenda' on my homescreen as it was there by default, but I cannot add it again anywhere else and it doesn't appear on 'Add widget' -list.

I've also tried to search them from the 'Store' 'Homescreen apps', but not showing there either.

Any advice?

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

ZZABUR2 : WHERE DO YOU LIVE ?
Haikal
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zzabur2

ghaikal wrote:
ZZABUR2 : WHERE DO YOU LIVE ?

ghaikal: In Finland

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulDTroy

I think some of those were ported from other Models like E6.. and added to customised Firmwares... Not sure what is actually native to N8 or E7 as we havent yet seen the final version.. You appear to be among the first..
I would like to know what your product code is please?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zzabur2

PaulDTroy wrote:
I would like to know what your product code is please?

Product code: 059H1K4

I wasn't expecting a Belle myself yet and was prepared to wait untill Feb to get it.

I must say, I'm very very pleased how it's actually working on the phone in general.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulDTroy

Yes, its a Nice UI. Much better than Anna.
Belle for that product code isnt yet on the Nokia Servers, so it appears Nokia are deliberately withholding it , even though its ready for distribution. Your product code still has Anna listed on servers.
Please to hear you have it though..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulDTroy

zzabur2,
When you connect to PC with Nokia Suite, and then check for Updates, does the software show 111.030.0609 in the drop window?
And if does, is there an option to reinstall FW.?
I was mainly thinking that those who already have that product code or CFW version 607, should be able to upgrade to latest Belle version 609 via PC suite or OTA
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zzabur2

Hi,

the software version is the 111.030.0609.

There isn't a possibilty to reinstall it in the Nokia Suite and neither in the phone, when checking for updates.

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

hi, just a quick question:

Anna E7 has the following bugs:

1. log app will not log packet data (GPRS or WiFi)

2. music player equaliser not accessible. only presets. presets are not customizable like S60 devices

3. junk / spam mail not sync-ing in the email app with hotmail / gmail / ovi / yahoo

4. no alert about which access point (GPRS / WiFi ...) is used by an app.

Does your Belle E7 got the above bugs fixed?

Please use plain text.
anindya4you

My Anna E6 also does not show any data information in log.

It could be a bug for any Anna based phones.....

Must be corrected....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zzabur2

Some answers to best of my knowledge (I'm sorry, if I'm mistaken in some places):

1.Log App Data counter shows 'All sent data' and 'All recieved data', if this is what you meant.

2. Equaliser options in detail seem not accessible. Only 5 presets and then the balance, loudness and stereo widening.

3. The default Mail doesn't show the spam on the folders list on a gmail account. 'Mobile Documents' has the option of including the spam folder.

4. I haven't really paid attension to this, but remember at least some applications requesting access while not in my home Wi-Fi.

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

log app data counter does show 'All sent data' and 'All recieved data'.but this is not what i meant.

when you open the detailed log tab, you can see the KB in and out per instance. you can also filter the log to show a particular access point. this works well in older symbi devices. anna bugged this important feature. hope belle fixes it.

upon reading your answers about email and equaliser options, are you telling me that even Belle has not fixed those bugs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Mein Gott! Herranjumala! Oh mon dieu! Nokia and its burning platform?!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zzabur2

metal_might wrote:

log app data counter does show 'All sent data' and 'All recieved data'.but this is not what i meant.

when you open the detailed log tab, you can see the KB in and out per instance. you can also filter the log to show a particular access point. this works well in older symbi devices. anna bugged this important feature. hope belle fixes it.

No, you still cannot drill down from the total level to see more detailed info.

Now I also noticed, that I cannot create a shortcut from homescreen to a web address bookmark (or any web adress, only a shortcut to regulary launch the browser to the homepage). I assume this should be possible based on some user guides viewed?

Please use plain text.
amenlab

Hi, I just updated my E7 to Nokia Bell, and I noticed that the same widgets mentioned above are missing for me too, any solution for this or is it a nokia E7 thing ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jussit

Same problem here with missing widgets. Using Nokia E7 here in Finland, and product code 059F8S7. Updated from Anna 25.007 to Belle using the latest Nokia Suite version available.

Please use plain text.
tpheiska

I just updated, the Belle looks and feels great but I noticed some games are missing, most notably EA Monopoly Classic. It can be found in the store for 5E though. Is it really so that I lost those games when I updated or am I just being blind?

Please use plain text.
Sage
seppuku

Same here. Widget count has dropped notably, the missing ones including Calendar widget. The one line widget exists when you restore your phone from the backup but there's no way of adding one yourself or configure one. The large widgets are wasting space, like mail widget for example. There can only be two on the screen at the same time and nothing else. Anna had 3 mailboxes, a clock, profile setting, and a bunch of shortcuts on one screen. Belle update doesn't look good at all. Most bugs are not fixed and there are several significant losses instead of gains. I'll make a list soon.

If someone has found a way to add a calendar widget, I'm all ears.

Since 1610
Please use plain text.
kerubit

Hi,

I've been playing with Belle for few hours and it seems to be a bit faster and overall better than Anna.

But where is the RSS-reader-homescreen-widget-thing? Am I just incapable to find or use this widget?

This is the most basic thing to have in a smartphone... Why get rid of it? I read some discussion about Nokia 701 (Belle phone from the start) and even it doesn't have native RSS widget. And I didn't find alternative to this from Nokia Store.

Help, suggestions or something??

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I cant find the RSS reader either. 

Also, my big issue after updating to Belle today is that Google Maps App doesnt work anymore. It opens then closes immediately. I have tried redownloading the app and reinstalling but it still doesnt work. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
abjbhat

[ Edited ]

Yes, I can confirm those widgets are missing. They are however, available on my E6. The RSS Reader on the E6 is present, but it takes up an entire home screen.

I know this because the same widgets are missing on my N8. So it looks like the older full screen phones such as the N8, C7 and E7 have a more limited set of widgets in the Belle update.

Some consolation though...the E6 now has substantially reduced number of tones.

(See the nseries forums for my posts on the N8 version of Belle)

Present: Lumia-820
Past: E6, L-800, N8, N900, 5800 XM, 6500 Slider, 6303c
Please use plain text.