Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New Nokia E6 cannot access internet

Contributor
Ruudvg

New Nokia E6 cannot access internet

Hey guys,

Just got my new Nokia E6 out of the box. It does connect to my WEP+WPA2 secured WLAN, but I cannot access the Internet with it. Nor with the browser or with any other app. 

I can access the internet via my 3g connection (I live in a kind of rural area where no 3G is available).

Any suggestions? I could not find any related issues on the web..

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ruudvg

Update: I can connect to the WIFI network, but due to some kind of setting in my E6 I cannot connect to the internet.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arbakul

You should try review your router settings. It seems to me like some problem with MAC filtering. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ruudvg

[ Edited ]

Will do.

Other all other devices (including phones) are working fine, so it is hard to believe this solves the issue.

UPDATE:

My E6 says it is connected to the network, but in my router's admin page the device is shown. However it is not 'active' (not online, while the phone says it is). 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ruudvg

[ Edited ]

Guys,

just got phoned by the shop where I bought my E6. Seems that Nokia found a related issue.

They received a message from Nokia about a bug in the E6 where the phone uses the cellular network, even when connecting via WiFi. So be aware: if you have a E6 and connect to a WiFi network, the phone is still not using WiFi but the cellular internet connection instead (aka 3G connection). Beware: this may cost you tons of money!

Nokia is solving the problem and I was told to keep an eye on the website for updates.

ps. really good service from the phoneshop!

Please use plain text.
dv27

I bought E6 just yesterday and I'm starting to think I took the wrong decision after going through a few discussions online. I was actually trying to find out why I'm not able to access the internet even after being connected to WiFi and ended up discovering that E6 seems to have quite a few other problems also besides this one. Battery life, backlight, notification light, etc. Damn. :smileysad: I'm so disappointed. Wonder when Nokia will release a updates and bug fixes. I hope very SOON. Earlier I had N86 that gave me a horrible time with battery life. And now, I was confused between E6 and E72. Considering that E6 is a new model, I went in for it even after getting amazing reviews of E72 from people around. NOKIA, please do not disappoint yet again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jemmylh

I have the same problem here! :smileyfrustrated: Did someone already found the solution?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ruudvg

In the end it appeared that my E6 does not support the router I have at home. Since the router was from the ISP, I couldn't change it and I sold my E6.

Got a Blackberry Bold 9900 which is much and much better than the E6. I could recommend it to anyone!
Please use plain text.
dannydanu

Hy guys! I have the same problem,i cannot acces internet with the wlan on and in good coverage area,my nokia E6 finds the wlan networks,connects to them but cannot acces the internet.I have done all the correct settings(acces points,packet data,wlan,etc,etc.)shortly tried them all one at the time(tried many wlan networks)it shows me that its connected to the acces point but still cannot acces internet...could this be the phone browser's fault?I will try with Opera browser and get back to you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

It seems E6 has some connectivity problems with particular routers. As I have exactly the same problem (WLAN seems to be connected but no internet access whatsoever), I tried with other WLAN devices and for instance, it was working fine at public wifi areas, but no on my home wifi (I have SpeedTouch wifi router). 

So it should be the the router, not the phone? 

On the other hand, my N900 is working perfectly well with the same router, but not the E6...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

UPDATE

Contacted my ISP and they changed some settings on my router, said it was the problem of the router not recognizing the device, now E6 is working perfectly fine over wifi. 

Please use plain text.
cowjumpedover

what settings did they change?
Please use plain text.
cowjumpedover

very **bleep** off that this has been going on since July last year and nokia still has not adequately resolved it - i also cannot set up a mailbox on my e6 - the gmail yahoo etc options work fine - but i cannot set up my own isp's mailbox - other people also experiencing this problem - COME ON NOKIA GET IT RIGHT AND GET IT RIGHT NOW OR WE WILL ALL MOVE OVER TO APPLE OR SAMSUNG

Please use plain text.
Contributor

@ cowjumpedover  -  I honestly don't have any idea what did they change but they said they had this kind of problems with some new Nokia models recently, so I think after all, it IS about the phone. 

I have those e-mail issues with N900, but again, on the other hand - E6 is working fine with e-mail.

What I really don't understand is why nokia haven't done anything to solve these issues? 

PS - did you have the same problem also with Anna or only with Belle? Because when I got the E6, I updated it to Belle straight away. 

Please use plain text.
cowjumpedover

[ Edited ]

Both problems on Anna have continued with Belle - I have been a loyal fan of Nokia for a number of years now, but if they cannot get this right on a smartphone how do they expect to hang on to their customers. What is with their R&D ??? Blackberry is in I.C.U. and Nokia is not very off and if this is the sort of quality they are bringing out then Apple & Android will be laughing all the way to the bank. I read on a previous post that Nokia were working on a solution to the wireless problem in July 2011 - it is almost March 2012 - where is the patch for this ????? after all we are talking about Nokia, not some mickey mouse outfit. My remaining a loyal customer will depend on their swift response to these problems. Nokia are you listening - is there anyone out there ???????????? :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
cowjumpedover

Hi Guys

Some may find the following info useful

Check out this link: http://pablog.tunalkan.com/wlan-not-found/

HUGE FAIL NOKIA that I and others have to waste our valuable time looking to fix your bugs.

You obviously could not care less about your customers and when my current contract is up I will be moving over to your competition. I do not intend to ever waste my money and purchase a Nokia phone again. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Aksh_M

Nokia E6 - DO access internet WI-FI

I recently upgraded my Nokia E6 to Belle and it do connects to Wi-Fi.

Just configure Wi-Fi settings on phone as per settings of your work/home Wi-Fi router (IP address, WEP or WPA/WPA2 security network mode etc). I changed few settings and now it works super fast.

Earlier I use to face similar problem of fail Wi-Fi connection at work and at home, but now it works flawless. Saves lot of money spent on mobile data package of cell companies. Try

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

pls help me i updeted my nokia to belle but will not connect to nokia home page,it will tell me fail to connect.why

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Do you have internet connection? Aside from Nokia page, does this happen to other sites? Any error message? 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.