Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New firmware for E72??? Has anyone updated yet...

Advisor
android86

New firmware for E72??? Has anyone updated yet?

[ Edited ]

Nokia India site has the following info:

New firmware for E72??

It'd be good to know if someone has updated already!

EDIT: I wasn't able to update though - tried via Ovi suite and Nokia Software Updater too. It doesn't detect the new update yet.

I hope this one's gonna be a stabler release than the previous update - which was a heap of BS!

Cheers!

Nokia 1108, Nokia 2626, SE k750i, XpressMusic 5220, N73 Music edition, E72.
Please use plain text.
cheehh1970

Re: New firmware for E72??? Has anyone updated yet?

[ Edited ]

Hi ! Yes i already update to 051.018 version.

Pls go to :

Menu -> Ctrl panel -> Phone -> SW update (option -> start update)

you have to use wap / internet conection

Regards

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I updated yesterday to see whether or not Nokia has fixed the problem with using MfE for Google Sync. Still not possible to create new mail. Works perfectly on my old E90 for syncing mail, contacts and calendar.

Still also problems using Ctrl/C and Ctrl/V for copy and paste in QuickOffice on Excel files.

Zooming in on photos in the photos gallery is still very slow. I was hoping that they would have made this feature usable but unfortunately not.

Using the 7 and 8 number keys as shortcuts in the main menu is now fixed though.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yeah they've fixed 7 and 8 number keys, but nothing else obvious has changed except that.

I'm constantly wondering how Nokia manage to support so different versions of Symbian along with S40 and now Meego. Symbian S60 is now called Symbian^1 and it is S60v3 and S60v5 (touch). Symbian^3 is now released with the new devices. I read about Symbian^4 and I'm waiting for the Meego device. Despite the fact Symbian became open source, I'm not familiar with the code, but is this some game of numbers or OS-es with different functions and structure, if it is so, then you need an army of programmers to ensure that everything running properly.

I know that the picture is very complicated, it is a high-end game after all, but if you ask me the OS support for the Nokia devices according to their class should be:

low class - S40

middle class - Symbian^3

high class - Meego

I secretly think this is the Nokia plan also :smileywink: but if Nokia do not succeed with Meego they will continue to lose share in the high-end devices.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andoceo

hi,
I inst

alled this latest version. So far seems ok, i just found a thing. When loading a page (not when finished, but when it's still loading) if you press the shortcut for full screen (7 is at mine), the menu bar from browser is switched with the home menu bar ( Menu on left and Photo Video on right). That happens when the page is loading. When its fully loaded, fullscreen appears correctly.
Why???
Please use plain text.
Advisor
android86

[ Edited ]

@ all,

Wow! Seems like it's real and people HAVE actually updated to the latest firmware. Well I did try updating over-the-air (*#0000#) - seems like it's not available ye, and AFAIK you CANNOT upgrade OTA in India - correct me if i am wrong. 

Just curious, has anyone from Indian sub-continent updated to the latest one?? :smileyhappy:

My product code is 0591952

Happy to hear that the shortcut keys 7 and 8 have been fixed. I hope the phone hanging issue is addressed too in the update. My phone keeps crashing out of the blue. Have tried reinstalling firmware, complete reset (hard, soft) using 2 GB mem card, with no mem card at all, with no apps at all -- nothing has fixed the issue.

The standby clock on the desktop keeps disappearing - which is a sign of things to come - phone hangs eventually resulting in inability to use any of the keys and ultimately requiring a restart! Another friend of mine has the exact same problems with his E72 and we're frustrated to the core, to say the least.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andoceo

Does anybody else with the new firmware upgrade faced a similar issue when pressing full screen button on browser?
I suspect the new status bar from footer is causing this damn issue :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
kokeropie

@andoceo,

Mine has the same symptom even if it is different from what you get. While loading, the left is always Option while the right is back or stop if I press 7. It is true that the full screen works with 7 once the page is loaded completely.

Very weird problem :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andoceo

yes, same here. Sometimes like you, sometimes the home default links.
How my God Is Nokia coming with such newbie errors?

Also no notification for more than 2 mail accounts :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andoceo

also youtube app seems to not work
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andoceo

edit : I've downloaded the youtube app from Ovi and now it works, but the default youtube app which came with the update isn't working.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swa10

I performed the upgrade. Smart connect 1.3.55 now works. Phone looks faster than before. No hang ups until now!

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star to the left. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
firoz7860

Seems Update is NOT YET AVAILABLE IN INDIA .....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
djoe001

the update is available in India. (0591952) I updated OTA today morning.( BTW, dont ry with NSU it doesnt detect the update. The `can i update ?` section of the website showed the update not available for my product code. _ but it updates OTA. havent seen any major changes, but it hasnt hung yet - thats a start.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
android86

@ djoe001,

No luck mate. Tried it OTA. "No updates available"!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi there.

i have a E72 with the version 031.023.261.01, it does not say that the update to 051.018 available. i also tried with the software updater, same thing there.

when can i expect the update to be available?

what does the extra numbers 261.01 stand for?

anywhere i can read more?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
account

I am also not able to update. Have tried *#0000# , Options -> Check for Update

Current software version : 031.023

Custom Version : 031.023.246.02

Language Set : 41.01

Model : E72-1

Please use plain text.
Professor

There are at least two production releases of the E72, the second one started about march '10, with, I suppose, y, little hardware differences (i suppose it for they have 2 different FCC ID: 530 the first one, and 530X the second) so , again I guess, could be  the upgrade for the first one isn't suited for the second. So, by experience with past  FW Upgrade "031", as Nokia made it avaliable for   the  1st product codes , then within 10, 15 days, covered all the remaining product codes, I imagine this time too within 2 weeks all of the product codes will be upgradable..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DKumar82

Bad!! Thats true for e72-I still not available the lates Firmware
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aeuglein

It's not available for me E72-1.

Still on 031.023

Please use plain text.