Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E5-00 problem : It shuts down when charg...

Contributor
Leon23Hz
Accepted Solution

Nokia E5-00 problem : It shuts down when charging

I've bought my E5 in a orange store last year in april. No problem untill last month when i've discovered the following problem : When my phone is charging, after a while, it shuts down. It continues to charge, but it shuts down by himself, without me doing something. This problem happends only when charging. If I use him intensively, no problem at all with the battery, it still brings me 2days of usage. Anyone had this problem and solved it? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia E5-00 problem : It shuts down when charging

your phone shouldn't be exhibiting that behaviour, no. Have you checked via Nokia Suite if there are any firmware updates available for your device? if there are, please update to the latest version offered. If there aren't, you can try re-installing your current firmware thru Nokia Suite, and if that doesn't work, then to perform a three finger hard reset.

Failing that, you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leon23Hz

Sorry for the delay and happy new year to all nokia owners. 

Allready checked on it, and there are no software updates available. The E5 cannot upgrade to symbian Belle, or even Ana. In fact. i think nokia allready quited supporting symbian OS. 

So, what should I do? Everyone had this problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

you're going to have to take your phone to Nokia Care. The E5 is a Series 60 3rd edition phone, completely different platform that has no support for Symbian^3 (i.e. Anna, Belle, Belle Refresh). you are talking about completely different software and hardware so it is not possible at all, sorry mate.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leon23Hz

I've reinstalled the software and for a moment, i did not encountered that problem. Hope it will pass, because in my city, there are no Nokia Centers, only GSM Services, that are verry expensive.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

no worries mate, hope your phone will be alright :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.