Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E5 - Cannot Open Contact List at Shortcu...

Advisor
eljunPacomios

Nokia E5 - Cannot Open Contact List at Shortcut and Menu

I cannot find an exact or related post here with my concern, so I choose to start a new one, if i missed a similar one, please share the link.

My new Nokia E5 Contact List cannot be displayed. I have imported my contacts from my old Nokia 3120 classic unit successfully. The list does not open from any options or anything else.

It does not even appear and open with empty contacts.

After trying to open the shortcut or the Contacts menu the screen clears and returns to the previous page.

Please advice.

Sincerely, Eljun

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

Re: Nokia E5 - Cannot Open Contact List at Shortcut and Menu

how do you transfer your contects from your old phone? Through sim card?
If so, open contact.
Select option.
Goto sim contact
Or
Click on option
Setting
Contact to diplay
Select the right memory:sim/phone
Please use plain text.
Advisor
eljunPacomios

Hello Pudu,

Thank you for this prompt reply, really appreciate that.

I transferred my contacts through Bluetooth synchronization as prompted from the moment I opened the phone.

The first problem is opening the contact, I cannot, in any way, open the contact from the menu or the shortcut.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Atsui

I've got the same problem. The only difference is, that I was able to see my contacts for the first two days.

I've tried the three finger hard reset, but the device doesn't reset either.....

Please advice.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
balusuriya

Nokia E5 - Cannot display contact list name in somebody calling

i have problem in my new e5 nokia phone.i have contact list my e5 phone,but somebody calling that time only showing mobile number in that time not showing name,but that number already exist in my contact list.how to solve this problem,any body konws about this problem.my received call ,missed call ,incoming call all palce not showing name, please advise...

advance thanks,

N.Bala.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Nokia E5 - Cannot display contact list name in somebody calling

Same Thing with my nokia E5 Device

when some 1 calling me and number is saved in contact book then only showing name not a number

whats going on with the E5

lot of issue i have faced in 15-20 days from purchase

Please use plain text.
morade5

Re: Nokia E5 - Cannot Open Contact List at Shortcut and Menu --- solution

i have same Problem, But finally i found the solution!

ok now:

1- connect your phone to the pc

2- open nokia suite and back up your contact then delete them from the phone

3- remove phone sim and memory card

4- turn your phone on and open contact  \ optional step

5- even the contact opened or not, go to settings and make restore default factory settings

6- re-install the sim and the memory

enjoy!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashot

Re: Nokia E5 - Cannot Open Contact List at Shortcut and Menu --- solution

This is not a solution for my case. The same error message appears and I can't use contacts.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashot

No solution for more than half year :smileymad:

If nothing is done my next phone will defenetly not be Nokia...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

Unless you are one of the above users with a different screen name, you will need to post more details about your problem.  How did this problem start?  By transferring Contacts from an old phone?  How exactly?  Can you see or sync Contacts though Ovi Suite?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotlife

how to solve this problem,any body konws about this problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashot

Currently I have 3 problems with Nokia:

1. Contacts file

When I click on Contacts, I can see all my contacts and the default phone number for each. When I click on a specific contact, I get a message: "File corrupted", but then the contact item gets opened. However if I click Options, I get "File corrupted" again, and the options menu doesn't open. I cannot view non-defalt phone number and notes for the particular contact.

This is, however, not the case with Suite, which manages and syncs my contacts very well (my only practical source to view my contacts' details)

I don't have an idea what may be the reason for the problem. If I remember right, it is not syncing with other phone's contacts, as I used Suite to do the sync.

2. OVI Store

When I click on OVI store, it starts loading and asks to update. After I click Update, white screen opens and nothing happens. So I can't use OVI store from my phone any more.

3. Facebook application

The original FB app from Nokia stopped working after an update (more than half a year ago). Now when I click on it, it says "File corrupted" and that's it, nothing opens.

Finally it would be great to have some kind of birthday reminder connected with address book.

When I search for these problems on the net, I am obviously not alone with them.

Best

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

1.  Since you already sync contacts with an email program, have you tried deleting all contacts on the phone, rebooting (?), and then syncing contacts back to the phone?  I think this has a good chance of working.  Be careful to not delete any email contacts in the process.  There is a "warning" setting in Ovi Suite for this.  You may also want to make an Ovi Suite backup first.

2.  Can you uninstall the current Ovi Store program (highlight icon -> Options -> Remove) or is it part of the firmware?  If you can uninstall it, do this and see if that fixed the auto-update problem.  If not, I use an E73 (same OS and likely same Ovi Store as your E5) and the latest update is 1.16.006 which changes the name to "Nokia Store".  For me, these .sisx files download to my phone, and I've been saving them.  I would prefer you go through http://store.ovi.com (the Nokia Store program is available but the download option appears broken) or through Nokia Support to have the .sisx file emailed to you, but if none of this works, I can make the file available for download.

3.  Sorry, I have never used the Facebook program and don't have much of an opinion.  You may be able to fix this problem in the same way as Ovi Store.

Keep in mind that if your phone isn't highly customized, a hard reset ( *#7370#, default password 12345) would also likely solve these problems (please make a backup first!), but restoring too much of an Ovi Suite backup might reintroduce these problems to your phone.  At the very least, consider syncing contacts to the phone instead of restoring a backup.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashot

Thanks for the response.

Do you have any idea how I can delete contacts from my phone? I cannot click Options to perform any action with the contacts.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

So Options -> Delete won't work, eh? :smileysad:  Can you delete them through Ovi Suite?  (I'm currently using Linux and can't check this first hand...)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashot

I tried to delete vie Suite. It worked. I even could click Options afterwards. But when I synced the contacts back, the problem remained.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

If you again delete the contacts through Ovi Suite, what happens if you make a new contact manually?  Does that work?

Is there anything weird about your original contacts?  Do you use unusual fields, have very long strings of data (like notes?), etc.?  Perhaps you could find the most elaborate contact synced to your email program, and recreate it manually field-by-field.  When you finish, I wonder if the problem would return?  That would indicate the Contacts app crashes from too much data.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashot

Thanks for your response.

I'll try that. However I think this is already the point where Nokia should start taking care of its customers and work on its soft improvement.

Thanks anyway.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashot

Just in case Nokia ever desides to consider this complain, I attach the pics.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c_an

hey the problem of contacts not being shown in the mobile set was with me as well..............!
go to the settings of the contact, and see to it that the option u have choosen for "contacts to display" is "phone memory"!!!!

i hope it will solve the problem!
Please use plain text.