Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E5 How ro disable internet connection (i.e. ...

sctkwok

Nokia E5 How ro disable internet connection (i.e. use wifi only)

I have signed up a data plan, meaning I can only rely on wifi for internet connection. How can I disable internet connection and data transmission from my service provider?

Please use plain text.
Professor
reinob

Re: Nokia E5 How ro disable internet connection (i.e. use wifi only)

Just delete the access point of the mobile service provider!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jabgars

I am unable to find access point in my nokia e5. Is there another way to delete the access point. And can i even log on to apps with wifi?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

jabgars wrote:
I am unable to find access point in my nokia e5. Is there another way to delete the access point. And can i even log on to apps with wifi?

Check Packet-data accesspoints as described in the manual.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/e5-00/guides

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
shagok

menu >settings > connection > destination > access point .... there you can delete or add new access point.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Glee30

:smileymad:I am unable to hold a connection at home when connecting to my wifi. I input my wap key but it just says unable to connect.

Do I need to set this up as a permanent access point.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
theearl1

I set up two hotmail accounts recently and everything was working OK but now I don't receive anything as it appears that I am not connected I have tried to connect but to no avail, any ideas ?

My "iAnywhere" business email works fine.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ovike

i can not delete the acces point 'internet' : it says 'access point in use, can not edit'

does anyone knows a solution for this problem?

Please use plain text.
Professor
reinob

@ovike,

Trying first putting your phone in offline mode.

And for the other people beside the OP, please stop hijacking this thread. if your question is not the same (or very related) as that of the OP then please open a new thread.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khan_awesome

I just wanted to disable the Internet temporary as sometimes I need it, isn't there any temporary way, as I am using whatapp application on my phone and it is automatically connecting to net, and its charging me and the battery is also getting low very soon.... is there any way???

Please use plain text.
nnamdiokon

Have 2 friends that have thesame problem. Their browsing data bundle is being exorbitantly depleted. Jst figured whatsapp might be the cause. Pretty annoying because they both enjoy the app. Both use nokia E5
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sonyvijai

I got this responce from one of the user helpful. Passing it to others who need it.

check the nokia's facebook app , it has a "social phonebook" which intends to update your contacts status and user image automatically , and it always ask for connection even if you did set all default connection to "always ask"

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jsuhas2208

i need the data connection should off when it is not in is it possible in e-5
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

jsuhas2208, please, explain your faced issue in more detail.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ShaneThaPain

hi, so u want to disable the access point or remove it...if u want to remove it...go to Menu/Connectivity/Conn.mgr/open active data conn./options/Disconnect...then go back to Settings/Connections/Destinations/ and then see at internet , u get the access points and u can delete the access point...Make sure u do all this quickly as the internet connection will connect again...Thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
vishnu14kapadia

i couldn't delete my tata docomo internet connection. I have saved that connection setting in "Intranet". I want to delete my connection from "intranet" but i couldn't do it. Please help me
Please use plain text.