Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E5 Tamil UNICODE support

Contributor
umapathyxp

Nokia E5 Tamil UNICODE support

Hi,

I bought Nokia 1 Sep 11 in Dubai, UAE (United Arab Emirates). My nokia E-5 doesn't seems to display Tamil UNICODE sms properly. It only display boxes. I searched on google unfornately the first link looks like a spam so I decided to post here in the forum. I have another nokia 1208 mobile bought it in Sri Lanka displays sms but doesn't have a GPS feature. I shall be thankful if some one can help me to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

The boxes are displayed, when the font does not have characters/glyphs that correspond to the character values (codepoints).

You'd have to install new font files that have Tamil characters, and so that they override/supercede the default fonts.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
umapathyxp

Thanks for the reply. I understood that is similar to a windows computer.But where can I download the Tamil UNICODE font for nokia?. For example Latha fonts is used for Tamil UNICODE from Windows 2000 to display Tamil UNICODE characters. Does Nokia supply the fonts? if is so what is the link. If not where is can I download? does it support  windows fonts? I am relatively new to Nokia E-5 mobile. Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Nokia does not supply font files separately from the phone firmware.

If you find compatible font files from somewhere, you can try this procedure:

http://darlamack.blogs.com/darlamack/2007/05/changing_fonts_.html

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maha_devan

hi, I am using E72, any one tell me how can install unicode tamil?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kottai

how to install tamilunicodes on  nokia5130c-3

Please use plain text.