Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E5 bluetooth pairing

bobcar

Nokia E5 bluetooth pairing

I`m trying to use bluetooth to connect to my car`s bluetooth system. The car side is ok and has found the E5. However to set up the pairing on the E5 I need to add a pairing code . Added the code to car system but can`t find anywhere on the E5 to add the pairing code. I have tried using the blue tooth help on the phone which tries to explain but when I try the suggestions I can`t get a screen to add code.

Ovbviously making a basic error somewhere. can anyone please advise. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Nokia E5 bluetooth pairing

Hi bobcar

Unfortunately don't have E5 to hand but notice in user guide says "in the main view of Bluetooth connectivity, scroll right". On earlier devices clicking a tab at top revealed further screen, so hoping scroll to the right achieves same result for you.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
bobcar

Hi Scoobyman

Thanks for the quick response. Problem is what is the "main view of Bluetooth connectivity" ?

When I go into Bluetooth nothing happens on scrolling to the right. Think there is a process missed out in the translation of the instructions because I have tried all kinds of permutations in the Bluetooth settings to try and open up a box to enter the code. On another Nokia phone its easy to pair and same on Sony Erricson phones.

Please use plain text.
Sage
seppuku

I don't have the English terms from the menu but connecting to a handsfree system on the E5 is easy and straightforward:

1) turn on the HF system and check the pairing pin code

2) turn on BT in E5 and go to the next tab where you have to Add a new paired device in the menu

3) select the HF system from the discovered list of BT devices

4) NOW the pin code box appears, you should also see that on your HF display if equipped with one

5) you now have the pairing done and IIRC you'll have to select "set as authorized" in the menu to ensure the connection is automatic.

Since 1610
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
slucky

I was having the same trouble as you and came on here. I just discovered how to find the pairing though. Once you hit on settings, connectivity, bluetooth, select the help option. From it you will find a link to pair devices. I finally managed to get my car and headset paired. What a relief.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PaulParagon

Wow that works! But what a totally ridiculous bit of menu design that you can only access some menu pages by turning them on in the help menu. Got there in the end though thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khan338

Thanks a lot slucky I spent 3 hours trying to connect ur instructions made it possible in 30 secs.......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mielesh

Re: Nokia E5 Bluetooth pairing

bobcar wrote:

I`m trying to use bluetooth to connect to my car`s bluetooth system. The car side is ok and has found the E5. However to set up the pairing on the E5 I need to add a pairing code . Added the code to car system but can`t find anywhere on the E5 to add the pairing code. I have tried using the blue tooth help on the phone which tries to explain but when I try the suggestions I can`t get a screen to add code.

Ovbviously making a basic error somewhere. can anyone please advise. Thanks

I´m having a very hard time pairing my phone with my car. I used to have it set but for some reason, it was disconnect and now I just can´t manage to connect it again. I´m trying to figure out where should I enter a postcode in my ES phone, I´m a mess. Can someone help me?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mielesh

I´m having a very hard time pairing my phone with my car. I used to have it set but for some reason, it was disconnect and now I just can´t manage to connect it again. I´m trying to figure out where should I enter a postcode in my ES phone, I´m a mess. Can someone help me?

Please use plain text.