Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E5 problem

faheemrana

Hi Dear....

I Found the same problem... I purchased it for texting and I neva know if there are unread messages unless i look at it....

Kindly Tell me If yew have found some solution 

Waiting for reply...

Regards,

Faheem Rana

Please use plain text.
sonu_nigam_88

Nokia E5 (Chrome) LCD problem

[ Edited ]

My question is to Nokia service centre that I have purchase a new Nokia E5 Chrome color but it have a LCD problem, in light gray color walpaper it shows lines like moving rays type.. why???? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
sdfaheem

I bought a Nokia E5 just a day ago and I connected the phone to OVI for transferring my previous phone data. When i connected it showed me updates for my phone and I started updating, I followed all the instructions and the phone went blank. I tried all the troubleshooting from the support forums but the phone does not start.

All it does is, give a small vibration when i click the power on key.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ragupml

you had better to contact nearest nokia store. If we remove before the updation complete it will turn off and cause problems

Please use plain text.
sonu_nigam_88

Re: Nokia E5 LCD problem

I have purchase a new Nokia E5 Chrome color but it have a LCD problem, in light color walpaper it shows lines like moving rays type..

Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Its best you contact the nearest nokia store...
Please use plain text.
adilbsh

i bought nokia E5 few mnths b4, ant it was working normal @ begining but now dont wats wrong with it, its working on its own , when ever i type a message it automatically does crazy stuffs and sometimes it suddenly switches off and to ON it i hav to remove the battery and reinsert it!
I took it to nokiä care and they reinstalled the OS
n it worked normally fr a day and later the s ame prob started , am seriously getting fed up wd this cell, pls get me a solution fr this..
Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Since you said it worked for one day before it started misbehaving again, it shud be an app on ur phone that is causing this. I used my E5 for a whole year and it never gave me such problem...
Please use plain text.
sonu_nigam_88

ya dude nokia e5 have this problem like hangs and auto restarts.. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Update of firmware solved my issue... I was on v81.004 or so when i sold it...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
djoker

dude go to ctrl panel then from connectivity disconnect active connection. Then go to destination in settings in control panel and delete access point. Whenever using net again add name of access point.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
djoker

if still not working then in packet data in settings in ctrl panel make connection "when needed " from "when available"
Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Hey djoker.... Whose question are u answering bro?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rudrasin

:smileyvery-happy:

I have the same phone! It is awesome...a fantastic model.The battery backup is superb too.

All those who have battery problems might have landed with duplicate battery or phone!

The model is one of the best phones I have ever used! :-)

Please use plain text.
nibunoookami

Hi everyone I have a problem with my E5, I was updating the software with ovi suite and suddenly the update fail and the phone goes black. since then i can't turn on the phone, just the screen stay black and the lights of the keyboard flash on and off.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cambridgekiwi

Not sure if it has been covered in this thread or not - but mine has started bringing up the "select enhancement" window all the time, even when there has been nothing connected to it. Now I'm no idiot, there is nothing down the headphones socket that would cause it to think there is an enhancement inserted - and from a quick google search I have found that others have had this exact same issue (and worse). I've had the phone for a month, I replaced my Android with a more simple phone from good ol reliable Nokia - am I missing something here? What's happened to Nokia, only a year or two back, their phones were the best, ultra reliable - with really good sound quality - think I'll take the phone back to the store on Monday, after reading this thread - it ain't worth it - should have read some more before I bought!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dewcall

Have had an E5 for nearly a year now and for about 10 months it has either been back with Nokia or in the drawer as I cannot trust it to work.  tried it again the other week and it would not start up - despite a charged battery or being connected to PC.  Nokia told me today they are replacing it - again.  This will be my third handset and it will stay in it's box while I enjoy the Blackberry which just ... works!

I asked them what was wrong and was told the battery (although I had not retirnmed the battery as per their instructions....) and once they had a charged battery it would not strat....  Not exactly definitive as to what is happening!  Also rather disapointingly the transaction was carried out by telephone so I don't even have an eamml trail for future reference!

I really believe there is an issue with this model.  Up to now I have used Nokia since the 2110 model.  I still have a working 9000 communicator (aka brick) but it works.

HTH someone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AashuNik

:thumbdown: i am really regretting using Nokia E5....from last 8 years am using Nokia phones and really trusted them for the quality .....but after using Nokia E5 and the revert and customer service which i got from Nokia centre was **bleep**...........this have made me decide never go for Nokia Phones in future as well not to recommned any one

there are many competitors in the market with upgraded features and ofcourse lower price then Nokia.....so why to pay them ?? for Bad servcie??

just using for hardly some months my phone facing this errors...... china products better than this then :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pulkit1999

same happens witrh me,nokia care is not worthy of being called care.

the moment i inserted my memory card in it.

it starts saying start up failed

even then after i remove memory card it says the same

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ohis002

my e5 went off n i went 2 flash it up til now d phone refuse to boot. Pls wat is d problem
Please use plain text.