Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E5 problem

Registered Member

Re: Nokia E5 problem

I have had the phone 4 months and it has been back to nokia 3 times already. The first time it would not turn on, so they re-installed the software. It worked for 1 day then same problem.  Took it back and they replaced the mother board. It worked for a month and now it won't charge, so it's going back yet again.

My advice: do not buy and E5, there are obviously problems NOT ONLY with the phone, BUT ALSO with Nokia, the company. They do not seem able to manufacture quality phones any longer, and their customer service is apalling.  Buy from another manufacturer.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Add me to this list. I have had the phone for over 2 months now and it has spent half its time in repair. I had my phone software updated/reset and then a new replacement handset. The memory keeps coming back as full - I am not using the net on the phone either.

Funnily, the message that follows the memory full message is one that says " Phone start-up failed. Contact Retailer"......The irony in that is that between Nokia Care, their contracted contact centres and the Optus retailer I purchased the phone through, all have denied responsibility and are blaming the other.

Nokia has no right to use the work "Care" as part of any of its marketing. I have been in the business world for 20 years and had just bought the phone to "tie me over" during a career break. Just about to start up a new job heading up a multi billion dollar business and will get myself a decent phone - if the company is using ANY Nokia as standard, I will ban them. Will never have anything to do with the Company or its brands. You're and absolute disgrace. You are symptomatic of what a company becomes when it is outsourced to every inch of its life and loses its identity and culture.

Good luck....the future is not so bright if you keep this up, but I suppose I should give up and waste my breath on someone who "cares".

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manntraxx

[ Edited ]

It was actually the best phone I've ever had .. for those two weeks when it worked .. it's now in a service center for a second week, I hope I get it soon repaired and working flawlessly.

The problem was similar to yours, mates, bought it on 19/03/2011, it worked two weeks and suddenly, when I tried to open my facebook account trough GPRS, it hanged up - I removed the battery, tried to turn it on but it just wouldn't - I tried to charge it, tried to connect it to my PC through USB cable and a program - nothing.. I'm very dissapointed - this is my 5th or 6th Nokia phone in a row, I am very pleased and happy with Nokia and this phone (E5) is my favourite one despite this problem. Though I'm little dissapointed now - I don't think it's normal that so many e5s die like this.. I don't think Nokia is now that good in what they do like they used to be..

Nokia, you should fix those issues and give new phones to the people who have problems with their E5. IMO, that's the only way you can keep your reputation and sale levels..

Greetings,

Vassil Shushkov

Moderator note: This post has been edited to removed references to a product or service used in procedures which may invalidate the warranty of a Nokia device, and which may not therefore be discussed on this forum.

Please use plain text.
monabella

Phone start-up failed. Contact the retailer.

[ Edited ]

Please could anyone assist me with my nokia E5 problem. I turned off and on putting on again it displays Phone start-up failed. Contact the retailer. Please what do I do. I need someone's assistance desperately. Please I need your help thanks.

Moderator Note: E-mail addresses removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
monabella

Re: Phone start-up failed. Contact the retailer.

please reply me. I need your replies urgently. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
arunica

i have nokia e5.and its not working properly.whenever i open settings my cell hangs up and switch off....its happning with many other application..plzz tell me what to do

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hellohellohello

Hello, 

This is my problem.. When i download songs or photos to my phone memory card, it doesn't appear in my phone!! :smileymad: I'm very irritated by this. Anyone has the same problem or, can solve my problem? Please help by replying! 

Thanks! God bless. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
shailendraraj

my dear friend only solution to this problem is to FORMAT the mobile and memory card as well.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
a_critic

My first cell phone was a NOKIA 1610 purchased in 1997. This was followed by 3330 (2001), 3310 (2003), 3315 (2005), 5210 (2005) finally culminating in the purchase of the E-51 in 2008 followed by a 5800 Express Music (2009).

All the phones owned by me never had to be taken to NOKIA CARE. The only maintenance required was a possible replacement of the battery but for my experience with the E51. My experience with NOKIA CARE now can be summarized by one line.

NOKIA DOES'NT CARE.

I had to do something about this and I did.

I have left the Nokia Band Wagon for good and joined the Android team. After 14 years of using NOKIA phones the decision was difficult much like a parachutist on a first jump. The fear and hesitation were overcome by the BOOT that I received from NOKIA CARE, I must thank you guys for doing an excellent work on this front.

The thrill and excitement of using a new OS on the phone is now difficult to describe and in the same analogy as above it is the thrill of free falling and the relief when the chute opens.

I had built an ecosystem around your phones especially since I had more than one simultaneously. These included synchronization programmes, car chargers and enhancement kits. I will need to build this again but I still believe it has been worth the effort.

The problems reported here only indicate the tip of the iceberg of NOKIA problems. One realizes the enormity only when you chance to visit 'NOKIA CARE'

Now each time I visit a mobile phone shop, I am gently reminded of the correctness of my decision of dumping NOKIA. The empty NOKIA desks just say it all.

Please use plain text.

Yep, I got an E5 phone last week to replace my dodgy N900. During the syncing process my phone died. I sent it back and got a new one today.

During the Setup Wizard my phone switched itself off and will not turn back on. I thought maybe the battery was dead so I put it into my wife's N97mini and it was actually fully charged.

So I put the battery back into the E5 but still nothing.

Looks like it will be going back to the shop tomorrow. I wont buy another nokia ever again, which is something I thought I would never say, :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aks007

Hi everyone, my e5 starts its net connection on its own and i have to regularly stop this. I have tried every file and setting but still remain clueless. Ihave scanned with kaspersky and it shows no virus threat. Can anyone give a possible solution to stop this?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ragupml

On my e5  the smart dialing feature doesn't working sometime, if i remove the memory card it solve the problem. why this happening? anybody pls give me an answer.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vpkumar1950

I haave this problem of E5 hanging while talking to someone. The phone wont start unless I remove the battery. Can any one help me. The software is uptodate.

I wish I  could have got E6.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ragupml

install the Netqin mobile guard free soft. it will stop all the apps that start up automatically with phone booting.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nadig051

Hi I too have some Issues regarding Nokia E5. I bought this 6 months before. It was working fine for atleast 4 months.

Now the profile changes automatically to general from silent.

message tune wont come when I recieve any. It just blinks.

The network says 3G and wont get any network and calls for some time.

Groups created for messages has been jumbled and mixed up. But if I do a restart it will work fine for a while and again same issues. Did a software update of nearly 16 MB but didnt work.

Any suggestions?????

RaithK wrote:

The camera works fine, just remove the plastic foil over the lens. The flash reflects on it and causes the haze.

Guys, does your phone revert to the dafult wallpaper when you change from Business to Personal Mode while using Active Standby?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ragupml

yes the wallpaper will change if you change the mode between personel and business.

Try to scan your memory card or try without memory card. virus will cause that problems.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pramod13787

This phone is **bleep**

I can throw my old phone out of window and it works fine but my E5 just dropped from bed after that it worked fine for 3 days now sometime it works sometime it not I went to customer care they told me not repairable now what to do ?????? plz suggest me

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ragupml

what is your actual problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amal19ina

Hi! I bought an E5 YESTERDAY & here are the problems:

1) I cannot copy my SIM contacts to Phone because there was no message regarding copying those when I inserted the SIM in my new phone and started it.

2) the SIM numbers option shows only 'Fixed Dialling NUmbers' but NOT 'SIM DIrectory' OR even 'My numbers' option! WHY is it so?

After reading all the disvussions on this forum, I sincerely hope that I have not made a grave mistake by opting for E5 instead of Blackberry as most of them have mentioned!!!

Can Nokia please 'enlighten' me on this?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ragupml

you had beter to sync all your contact by using ovi sync option.

Please use plain text.