Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E52 Firmware 031.012 (January 2010) -thr...

Advisor

Re: Nokia E52 Firmware 031.012 (January 2010) -thread

Dudero wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you sure that volume is problem in the firmware, maybe your hearing isn't just good. Imho volumes are just right at the moment. Normally I even have volumes on 50% level or something.

Or maybe there is some carbage or something in the speaker and it loweres volumes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hearing is very well thank you.:smileytongue:

As you can see I am saying that the problem I am facing is during phone calls and not when listening radio or music (all with hands free).

Have you ever used your hands free in a crowded environment? 50% level is reeeeeeealy low for my device. I wouldn't be able to hear 50% of the other party when talking on my balkony.

No garbages at any of my hands free's.

Have you realy read my post??? I am saying that the problem exists both with a wired or a wireless hands free AND the speaker of the phone. What are you proposing? That ALL of them have garbages...

Moreover (I am saying that now), I have tried the phone with 2 sets of wired hands frees. One stereo and one with one earphone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

yanastas wrote:

Dudero wrote:

Are you sure that volume is problem in the firmware, maybe your hearing isn't just good. Imho volumes are just right at the moment. Normally I even have volumes on 50% level or something.

Or maybe there is some carbage or something in the speaker and it loweres volumes

My hearing is very well thank you.:smileytongue:

As you can see I am saying that the problem I am facing is during phone calls and not when listening radio or music (all with hands free).

Have you ever used your hands free in a crowded environment? 50% level is reeeeeeealy low for my device. I wouldn't be able to hear 50% of the other party when talking on my balkony.

No garbages at any of my hands free's.

Have you realy read my post??? I am saying that the problem exists both with a wired or a wireless hands free AND the speaker of the phone. What are you proposing? That ALL of them have garbages...

Moreover (I am saying that now), I have tried the phone with 2 sets of wired hands frees. One stereo and one with one earphone.

At least in my phone volumes too good. When I'm using my E52 with max volume it makes my ear hurt, so i use it on lower levels. Yes I have used my E52 in crowded place and there's have not been a problem with the volume. I just have a compare device N73 which was much more suckier at volumes than this E52. I don't know what to say anymore.

But more I have a problem that people who I'm talking with can't hear me always, I'm not really sure is it because of the phone or is it my mumbling voice :smileyvery-happy:

Phone history from the last to the latest: Nokia 3210 -> 6310 -> 6600 -> N70 -> N73 -> E52
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

im still confused - im in the UK, London - and when i plug my E52 to the computer, via pc suite or ovi suite - it says there is no current update available?

im still on v22

E52 - Product code 0585050
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ingo

there is no firmware for uk yet

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I'm in the UK and I did manage to install 031.012 a few days ago

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rockey1808

I  am in The Republic of Ireland and have just installed it via my handset.

It solved my  problem--The unassisted GPS now works

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

hi im in the uk

whereabours? im in England

and how did you do it? via ovi or pc suite?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi King, I live in London and I did it on the phone; Menu-->Ctrl panal-->Phone-->Device mgr.-->options-->check for updates. It's about 8.5 mb.  

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i did that - and it still it is still saying "no updates available" ???

what network are u on? my phone is unbranded. and im on o2.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Strange, i'm on 3 but don't see why this should make a difference. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CristiX

The only thing ive noticed after the new firmware instaled, phone is getting hot and battery wont last more then 2-3 hours....

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hmm-m very strange, I would recomment you to "reflash" the firmware with Ovi Suite. Then don't restore your configurations from the backup... Okay contracts and text messages can be restored and then report that does it help.

Normally when people upgrade their phones and then they restore old firmware configurations to new one, something strange can happen.

Phone history from the last to the latest: Nokia 3210 -> 6310 -> 6600 -> N70 -> N73 -> E52
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sebring

Hello All,

I would like to warn you. Don't install current available for update firmware ver. 031.012 / 06.01.2010. The are several missing / not working functions like a:

- key lock clock - missing
- second writing language - not working

Please use plain text.
Advisor

sebring wrote:

Hello All,

I would like to warn you. Don't install current available for update firmware ver. 031.012 / 06.01.2010. The are several missing / not working functions like a:

- key lock clock - missing
- second writing language - not working

Have you tried reflash the newest firmware without restoring after that settings? There is definatelly something wrong with your current software. I've the newest firmware and second language is working

Primary language: Finnish

Secondary: English

And both work when writing messages.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abhayjaykar

Updated the Firmware.

The noticable thing was while data restore there were abnornal beeps while restoring contact.

On Checking contact I cannot search thru the contact list :smileysad:. This just made my problems worse. !

Thinking of a downgrade now !

Please use plain text.
Contributor

rockey1808 wrote:

I  am in The Republic of Ireland and have just installed it via my handset.

It solved my  problem--The unassisted GPS now works

In Ireland too, Vodafone, and still have v021.013. Cant update via NSU, OTA or OviSuite... :smileymad:

Am I doing something wrong or is it Vodafone blocking the updates??????

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joaovr

After this last firmware update my mobile phone is freezing a lot with my microSD memory card.

Anyone is getting problems too?

E50 -> E51 -> E52
Please use plain text.
Sage

My phone froze and freezes with and without update a lot.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lelix2603

after new firmware my phone freeze in message section and email configuration don't work:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
diamant001

[ Edited ]

I do not intend to offend any individual poster, but it seems that this board is infested with Nokia haters. E52 is by far the fastest phone on the market. It has a 600 mhz processor plus Symbian, which is an unbeatable combination in terms of lightening speed operations. The phone is much faster than N900, Iphone or any other phone for that matter, even including the latest Snapdragon processor. Plus, Nokia is thousands miles ahead from other phone makers in terms of quality of sound during phone calls.  No one comes close, and I have had LGs, Motorolas, tried Iphone, Ericcson, and HTC. Nokia doesn't forget one important principle: mobile phone is a PHONE first.

Nokia is also first when it comes to integration of VOIP, and E52 is by far the best among other Nokias. No other phone maker comes close. You just need to configure the client properly. As a matter of fact you could be logged in into several sip accounts at the same time and when you make a call, you have a choice of which one to use. Not to mention you get all incoming calls.  I am not even talking about battery life, which is again by far the best in this phone.

Please stop whining and learn how to properly use your smart phone.

Best luck

Please use plain text.