Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6-00 and problem with microSD card

Contributor
MailForExchange

I am getting the same issue in my E6 as well, Sandisk Class-4, 8GB
Best Regards,
Priyabrata
Please use plain text.
systemscorp55

Yes even i am facing the same prob with my e6

.. its only  the touchscreen that hangs while keys still work ..

(but when the memory card is out evrything is fine)

My memory card is SANDISK 4gb , class 4 !..

i have tried to reformat mmc from phone , soft reset as well as hard reset phone.. but the problem is still there. Firmware version is updated to latest avail.

need help please.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
strelamcqueen

I have exactly the same problem. Bought brand new Sandisk 16 GB class 4 memory card. I works in my WindowsXP (tried FAT and NTFS), in my iMac (tried different formats there), my Android tablet and Nokia E63. But not in E6-00.

Tried to format in the phone, in PC, in the tablet. Same problem. What is the problem?? i have 4 GB card class 2 currently in and it works without any problems...
Please use plain text.
systemscorp55

Re: Nokia E6-00 and problem with micros card

[ Edited ]

@strelamcqueen

my prob is sorted out now.( I had this issue from the first day itself!)

I went to nokia care and tried to explain them the issue but instead they were blaming me that the memory card is corrupt.It took me long time to convince them that there was a hardware fault within the phone(i showed them that the same memory card worked normally in other handsets).

At last they decided to send the phone to the headquters for detailed analysis..and they found a problem in the MOTHERBOARD!...

so they gave me a new handset..(though it took 2 weeks due to the condition of the swap phone & its colour which were unlike my oringinal phone.. so i had to reject and wait for new one ..)

now i have this new swap handset its working normal along with my memory card. :smileyhappy:

thanks  nokia

so i recommend you to go to them and explain the problem clearly.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marahman78

Hi,

I recently updated my E6 OS from Anna to Bella. When i tried to save some thing on my 16GB MicroSD card i was getting error "Disk error - writing to card cannot be finished. Retry, otherwise you'll lose your data." After few seconds E6 restarted and my 16GB MicorSD card was not showing even i tried with PC and other Phones its not detecting. I lost my useful data due to updating the OS to BELLA......Is there any way to recover my data or reinstate ???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naglfar669

Same here guys; Sandisk 32GB Class 4. Been checked with h2testw_1.4 (Full write + verify), and it's perfectly ok.

Just replaced the headset today due to this problem, a brand new E6-00, and the problem is even worst; now i can't even write a single file when the card is inserted to the E6, unlike before which the card was occasionally froze.

No doubt that it's not a nice feature, but rather a BUG.

Nokia - please fix it.

Please use plain text.
darine71

I am having the same problem.  Purchased a Sandisk 32GB Class 4 card for my newly arrived E6.  Disk errors constantly when transferring pictures or music to the card.  Put my 4GB Class 2 card in and it works in the E6 with no problems.  Here's the kicker, like others have experienced, the 32GB card works great in my old beat up E71.  What gives? 

Please use plain text.
darine71

I may have found a solution:  I had the same disk errors as mentioned throughout this thread. Try cleaning the SD card contacts with a pencil eraser.  I did this with mine and so far it is now working without disk errors.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chanchukwan

[ Edited ]

same error here using "sandisk mobile ultra" 8GB

perfectly fine with imation 8GB class 10

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hellraiseraddy

actually i am facing the same issue with a sandisk 16gb class 4 memory card which worked fine on my nokia e72 but does not work on the e6. i visited the service center and they insert a class 2 16gb card in my phone and voila! it works fine....hence its an issue with the sandisk class 4 16gb memory card.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sameerdaga

yes i do face the same problem and bugged with this problem and mobile shall i thorw it i thrash can of nokia or please return me my money
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sameerdaga

done but no problme resolved....trnacend and scandisk and many more cos tried but not working....nokia original card not availble in market.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sameerdaga

yes the same card works very well in lumia and all other phones except Nokia e6-00 and i have tried this in atleast 4 mobile phone with diffrenet imei no... of same model and software nokia e6-00 with sympbian belle
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sameerdaga

any card of any co. with 8 gb or below works nicely but no card of 16gb or above dont work...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
leipeng

sometimes i just want to copy something to my sdcard ,but my e6 just crash and stop working .

and now i just put files into sdcard through my pc,my e6 can only read what the sd card already have.

THAT IS A BIG PROBLEM.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Hi folks

I have a Class 2 (figure '2' inside a 'C') SanDisk 16 GB micro_SD card in my E6 which has always worked just fine. I can copy to/from it in the phone and have had no other issues. I thought perhaps it worked because it came from my E72, but have since formatted it in the E6 and it works fine.

I record video to the 8 GB phone memory (E-drive) then transfer it to the card (F) if necesary so card speed isn't an issue.

HM

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mstandl

hey guys,

same problem here with sandisk 32gb C4, still no solution in sight. Also it was no china-cheap card and it works in my n8 without a problem. Obviously we're talking about a hardware problem regarding the e6 or it's hopefully a SW issue. Nokia how about some kind of feedback?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sankhadeep

sound silly ......but ive tried and the result is same...any other ideas please
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DESe6

[ Edited ]

The SD Card must be Class 10 speeds or higher. 

Note that it is not the class of the SD Card but the actual read/write speeds that matter. 

I had a 4GB Class 4 card in my E6 that worked perfectly.  I then bought a 32GB Class 4 and it gave me the same disk error on the E6 only.  I found a program online (Search for h2testw_1.4) that tests the read/write speed of SD Cards (any medium actually) and discovered that my 4GB Class 4 was actually performing higher than a Class 10, that's why it worked fine.  The 32GB Class 4 barely made Class 4 speeds.  I replaced the 32GB Class 4 with a 16GB Class 10 card and... presto, it works flawlessly.  The h2testw_1.4 test on the 16GB Class 10 SD showed read/write speeds well above Class 10.  My guess is that the E6 is trying to write data quickly and if the SD card write speed is too slow, it gives the disk error. The Class 10 card also gives the added benefit of all data transfers are much faster now. Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
n00x

I have a similar problem with the memory card: all data can be to read, but can't nothing to write. If i try to save recorded video after 10-30 seconds camera goes to standby mode, memory card stay not availible from cardreader and when you to try to open cardreader, the phone shows message: (no data). After some time or after phone reboot memory card stay availible. Before i used  Silicon power 4Gb it's work fine.

I use original kingston class 10 32Gb - 100% worked card.

i think is software problem. because many men on forums wrote what their e6 worked fine with 32Gb card. But my problem appears on cards of smaller size.

How fix this problem? Maybe exist some patch for this?

Please use plain text.