Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6-00 keeps REBOOT, RESTART, CRASH, FREE...

Contributor
rsmahon
Accepted Solution

Nokia E6-00 keeps REBOOT, RESTART, CRASH, FREEZE, FROZEN, BLANK

I have noticed that my E6-00 (Purchased from CarphoneWarehouse UK, May 2011) keeps restarting, rebooting, freezing, screen goes blank, apps stop working, black screening! On me. 

The phone does this in these conditions.

1.  By itself - no interaction from me the user

2.  While I am using it to do the most simple functions such as making calls, or searching for contacts,

3.  Using downloaded apps such as WhatsApp

I have read the forum and this seems to be a common problem yet, anyone from Nokia is yet to fix this? 

Can anyone from Nokia please explain this behavior and most importantly how you are going to fix it.    If this is not fixed am I in my rights to as for a new handset?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
babi1987

Re: Nokia E6-00 keeps REBOOT, RESTART, CRASH, FREEZE, FROZEN, BLANK

[ Edited ]

Seems like your phone is facing serious firmwire problems.Ensure that you have the latest firmwire,try to do a soft reset of your phone(make a back up of all phone memory,like contacts and all data) and see if it helps.Also check that no background apps are running,and regularly clear your browser cache and cookies

Nokia E63-1, RM-437, 510.21.010
Nokia C5-00.2,RM-745,091.002
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rsmahon

thanks for advice, i will try soft reset tonight and get back to you.  I do beleive I have the latest software:

Symbian Anna

Version: 021.014

VersionDate: 2011-05-26

Browser: 7.3

Flash: 4.0

Java: 2.2

I just did a software update and it says I am up to date.  Will post an update

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rsmahon

I have "restored to factory settings"  using the option within the phones menu.  So far so good.  Its been 48 hours, the phone seems to be running quicker/smoother than before, no signs or freezing or crashing so far.   

I will post an update in 1 week or so.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rsmahon

UPDATE:  Since restoring the phone, I have had quite a few "REBOOT, RESTART, CRASH, FREEZE, FROZEN, BLANK" issues. 

1.  I can not figure out what makes the phone restart by itself.

2.  However I have narrowed down the the FREEZE/BLANK screen that happens.  This only occurs when I am trying to use of have just used the Email software. 

Can this topic bet set to "unresolved"?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
babi1987

Try to reinstall the email and see if that works.
Nokia E63-1, RM-437, 510.21.010
Nokia C5-00.2,RM-745,091.002
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rsmahon

I will try and post my results.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GeorgeDao123

These things don't happen when you update your OS to 022.014. I got these problem when I bought my E6 when Aug and after I updated firmware, my E6 runs smoother and these things didn't happen anymore. Good luck.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rsmahon

[ Edited ]

THIS POST IS NOT RESOLVED/SOLVED

There is no software update for my phone in the UK.  The update you are advising me on DOES NOT EXIST!!! Nokia are totally useless.  I have had a phone that keeps crashing and not working since new!! I have tried re-installing the software so many times and it simply does NOT WORK!!

Can this post please be re-opened!!!

Moderators Note: Topic has been marked as unsolved

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rsmahon

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rsmahon

I GIVE UP ON NOKIA

After months of frustration with the Nokia E6-00 and with no support from Nokia UK, I had no choice but to purchase a Blackberry Bold 9900.  I purchased this phone in Sep 2012 and have been using ever since. Even though I was a die hard Nokia fan I have to admit the Blackberry is quicker and does not crash as badly as the Nokia did.  However there are still things I miss about my Nokia.  For example the screen quality, camera/video quality. 

If only Nokia had finished developing the OS it would have been far superior to BB.  The Nokia E6-00 was released before the Bold 9900 yet no major network sold it on contract.  There was no advertising, no-one had heard of it.

I will now wait and see if Nokia release a QWERTY style phone on Windows OS.

Please use plain text.