Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6-00 problems - screensaver, screen bri...

Advisor
tbger

Nokia E6-00 problems - screensaver, screen brightness

[ Edited ]

Hello,

My Nokia E6-00 stops displaying the clock screensaver after a short while.  At first it dims the display, then shows the big clock screensaver for about a minute after which it just turns off the screen.  Can I choose how long it takes until the display goes off ?  I find it very unuseful to have a screensaver that tells me the time for just about a minute.

Another problem is screen brightness:  my phone's screen sometimes switches to full brightness, then it goes down a bit (all by itself), after that it might also go up again and so on.  I think it tries to save energy though it doesn't seem normal that it doesn't set itself to a certain level and keeps going back and forth.  Can I change anything regarding this behavior ?

There's quite a whole lot of settings and new sub-settings such that browsing through them makes me very confused. :wacko:

Roy

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia E6-00 problems - screensaver, screen brightness

You can change the lights out time of the display from settings>phone>display>light time-out.

Sounds like you may have the display on auto brightness. Didnt think the E6 had this feature. Once again same display menu as above but this time it is the brightness setting you want to play with. Try a manual setting instead. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tbger

As far as I've experienced, the light time-out only tells the phone when to dim the display.  The other option on this menu, "screen / keylock time-out" only tells the phone when to activate screensave and lock the keys.

None of the options on the menu mentioned controls anything regarding how long the screensaver stays before the

The auto-brightness setting isn't there, the phone adjusts it the way it wants without. For example, it might turn to full brightness when I use it, then suddenly dim the screen a little bit, while I'm still using it. I find it very uncomfortable at times I use it at direct sunlight outside, or when I don't want to look right in front of it.  The way it should be, is diming display after user-defined time, and go back to full brightness when phone is in use again.

Summing up, my problems are:

1. Phone dims itself automatically, sometimes during use (pressing buttons don't make it go back to full brightness).

2. Screensaver shows only for about half a minute. I can control when it shows up, but I can't seem to control how long it stays. I would never complain if it stayed for 2-3 hour and then turn off the screen, but hey - for less then a minute this is a joke to say it politely.

I would expect a $270 USD phone to let me control this very basic 'features'.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tbger

Anyone getting the same behavior on their phone ?

It'd be comfortable to know the problem doesn't occur to me only.

Thanks

Please use plain text.