Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 and Belle

Edvinadhami

press the the button of  switch on top and you will find power saving mode 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I for one am very dissapointed in the Belle update.   For me it is a step backwards and not an update.   My email program has been a disasster.  I have to take out the sim card and battery and leave it sit for 5 minutes and then put it back together to get it to allow me to add one of my email accounts.  It lost all of them on the update and even the restore won't put them back.   It constantly calls for security certificates and will not allow me to accept them for good.  Battery life went from 3 days to less than a day.   Several of the apps I used regularly are either not available now or the updated version is horrible.   I have to use several home screens now for what before I used maybe two at the most.   Wifi disconnects constantly!  I could go on but what is the use.  You cannot go back to what worked so you are stuck.  Apple did this to me with my Iphone 3g over a year ago so I went back to Nokia and the e6 and was so happy until now and this is like back to what once worked well now is crippled and works horrible.  If I ever find another phone that works well for me I will NEVER again do an update on the system!   

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kefe93

Someone have touchscreen bug? I cant use top side of my touchscreen, how can i solve that problem. I dont have callibration menu in settings. This thing started when i update to belle
Please use plain text.
Sage

Then something's horribly wrong. Suggest you try a Settings reset *#7780# and go from there. Email, battery and wi-fi have been great for me on Belle (on the N8)...
Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.
szeemee

This "software" a piece of **bleep**. My E6 fly in the garbage. Anna is better! My opinion: don't upgrade! I never buy another nokia phone! (last 8 years I use in my business ONLY Nokia phones!)

The E series phone is not a toy! I don't need Android look-like phone! I work with this phone!

Thanx.

Very sorry for this updates...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
FIRASALSHABIBI

A short press to the power button , 4th in the list .

Please use plain text.
Advisor
maartenreinders

[ Edited ]

@szeemeeExactly!

DON'T UPGRADE!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Just got E6 with what must be Belle

How do I add bookmarks to my home screen ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

how do you remove an icon / shortcut from a homescreen ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

eleng777 wrote:

How do I add bookmarks to my home screen ?

Not the same as Anna, have a look at this thread:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/Homescreen-Bookmarks/m-p/1344205/hig...

Try "longpress" to remove.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Magic = thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Many thanks - quite difficult to find this info !

Please use plain text.
Advisor

OK - I've seen my problem.  I am trying set up my new E6 (Belle) using an E6 Anna User Guide !  Not even close to describing the steps in a number of places.

Anyone give me a link to an updated E6 Belle user guide ?

Very much appreciated

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hating Belle

With no userguide to show teh way around belle (Latest online version is for anna) I need help !

How do I establish exactly what software version I have on my phone ?  I have seen a web picture showing "device manager" but can't find it on the phone

Please help

Also - is it possible to swop the order of the home screens - or do I have to delete evertything and create a new home screen where i want it ?

And - I see there is a gmail app shortcut on one of the screens.  How do I move it to another screen ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi eleng777,

We will answer your questions in the same manner you have posted them:

1. How do I establish exactly what software version I have on my phone ?  I have seen a web picture showing "device manager" but can't find it on the phone 

Menu> Phone> Phone Management> Device manager> Software Version or open your phone's dialer, type in *#0000#

2.  it possible to swop the order of the home screens - or do I have to delete everything and create a new home screen where I want it ?

If you are referring to the order of the home screen, you need to delete and add new homescreen/s to achieve this. You also have the option to adjust or customize widgets or shortcuts.

3. And - I see there is a gmail app shortcut on one of the screens.  How do I move it to another screen ?

Tap and hold the widget/shortcut and move it to the edge of the screen until homescreen moves to another.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.