Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 doesn’t have notification light

Sage
gnirkatto

4Cu2 wrote:

The notification light dimness issue in E6-00 has been recognized in Nokia R&D, and there are corrective actions ongoing to improve the visibility of the light.

Great to hear, many thanks!

This is the first time that we hear from Nokia that you will take action to fix it - so far the only information was that the issue was forwarded to R&D.

This is highly appreciated, by myself for sure and by the entire community, I think!

Looking forward to your solution.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

What about the little message problem from the v22.014 update?

It so freaks me out! Is that going to be targeted to???

When can we expect an update!

Just as info, one month, two?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KME72

[ Edited ]

4Cu2 wrote:

The notification light dimness issue in E6-00 has been recognized in Nokia R&D, and there are corrective actions ongoing to improve the visibility of the light.

Thanks for the update.  And the actions include...?  Any tentative schedule or target ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KME72

@4Cu2:  Any news yet on the schedule for the fix?

Please use plain text.
Employee
4Cu2

Sorry, I don't have a schedule info but I'll post more info when it's available.

I'm working at Nokia, but all my posts represent my own views and these should not be mixed up with Official NOKIA statements.
Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

@4Cu2: I forgot to mention: hopefully Nokia is not only working on a solution for notification light being barely visible, but also on allowing a notification to be set for email (rather than for sms and missed calls only). I firmly believe that both issues belong together, to enhance usability of the phone significantly!  Works perfectly well on an E72. And just fixing one of the two issues would not change a lot. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

guys you must visit my blog here for your notification light problem - http://ne6t.wordpress.com/

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

:smileyhappy:

Indeed Nokia will fix this

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

Yes, fixing the notification also for email is a must-have indeed. Crazy that this isn't working by default.

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Can it be related also to this also?

One thing thats must be fixed by Nokia is the screenlight and keyboardlight settings.

The facts:

1. We have 5 steps to choose from, from minimum to maximum.

2. The step you choose will affect the light settings for the screen and the keyboard equally.

I think most people thinks that step 3 is very good in daylight, maybe step 4 if it is very sunny outdoors but, but for gods sake, why will then the keyboard light shine bright for the birds in the sky light?

No one needs keyboard light if it very bright. Get it?

In the night it is probably quiet enough for most people to have settings to number 2 or even minimum cause the screen is so good, but: then you can´t see the keyboard cause the light is not there. Stupidity!

Settings must be variable for each of the keyboard and screen or go divert directions from each other.

I think this is a major flaw and if the keyboard light is shining bright during the day (for what use again) then the impact of the battery take a hit.

I personally have it put on 2 of 5 all the time now but the keyboard light just isnt there when it is dark outside.

I even think that minimum is quiet enough in the night for my eyes, but then I can´t use the keyboard.

These kind of things make me actually rather mad now.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
krisking911

Hello Aimes1,

I also have the white Nokia E6 and found it very frustrating that the light was too dim. However, that was until I read Ayush3090 post (who is also a contributor on this site). The recommendation was a app called "Remind Me" --- it is posted on this blog: http://ne6t.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/remindme-app/

The creator (Ayush3090) has also offered to provide a pin code to get the full working version of the app for free! Normally, it's $6.99 on Ovi Store. I have downloaded the app and absolutely love it and swear by it. As someone mentioned here b4, "indicator 2" is probably the best notification option...it lights up all 6 keys surounding the D-Pad. Even with my white phone, the lights are super bright and noticeable.

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Aimes1

Ayush's solution is great.  I am using the trial version at the moment. Hopefully get the full works soon!  Everyone download it!

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Aimes1

Thanks for informing me.  I have now downloaded the trial version, copied the recommended settings and Indicator 2 is working like a dream!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KME72

So still no news from Nokia on this issue?

Its been a while now and I think we deserve some kind of news.

Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

@ KME72

Why should they, When Nokia have already got our money, And updates are free and made available at Nokia's discretion.

You pays ya money, And you become a beta tester. :smileyvery-happy: 

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

I think we all will get another phone until Nokia fixes these issues.

So there's no reason hopping.

If it was a major interest for them, the problem would have bin solved 2 months ago!

But they just don't care.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

The Notification light has its own LED power which can be increased with a firmware update.

Very Low Vibration Alert issue can be done the same way.

Hopefully Nokia is ready all the comments and fix the mentioned above issues as well as battery life that has been decreased by installing version 22.014 (ANNA) on E6. Also the battery heats up alot before update , now it gets hot whenever using it for listening songs or browsing web and my most concerned issue is the battery life.

Please use plain text.
extnct

[ Edited ]

I have been monitoring this thread since June and I am extremely disappointed with Nokia's reaction time. Three months later and R&D have no solution? Really?

Instead we get R&D speaking to us by proxy of other Nokia employees. This is terrible, broken communication.

I was really interested in buying an E6, especially because of the supposed battery life, but in the real world it sounds like no one has been able to experience 744 hours of standby time. Then this unexpected notification light issue came up and the keypad lights are needlessly turned on all the time wasting precious battery life. I am not encouraged by the lack of responses from R&D.

No official fixes + no update support + no communication = no purchase. Sorry. I will take my business to another vendor instead.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Aimes1

At least you have monitored and done your research.  Unfortunately for the most of us, we found out the substandard E6 the hard way - including a much lighter pocket!

extnct wrote:

I have been monitoring this thread since June and I am extremely disappointed with Nokia's reaction time. Three months later and R&D have no solution? Really?

I was really interested in buying an E6, especially because of the supposed battery life, but in the real world it sounds like no one has been able to experience 744 hours of standby time. Then this unexpected notification light issue came up. I am not encouraged by the lack of responses from R&D. No official fixes and no update support = no purchase. Sorry. I will take my business to RIM instead.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gogogo_none

After reading this discussions, I tried to get in to nokia store nearby and try the device myself. **bleep**, same problems same case.

I've asked the store to contact me when all the problems is fixed so i can buy the phone. Hope the fix will not be too long, well until a better alternative comes up (read: business class touch and type).

Please use plain text.