Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 doesn't’t have notification light

Sage
Andrei1987

Re: Nokia E6 doesn’t have notification light

The phone is already getting expired.

680hz Proc, is replaced by 1Ghz .

I feel like the last looser for buying this phone! Thx Nokia!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rancebobo

Andrei1987 wrote:

WWhere did you get this info from, I like to read that myself?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Aimes1

I'm a loser too, then!  Phone is only a month old and locked into a one year (at least not for two years!) contract.  Still, the thing that annoys me most is the over-optimistic battery life stated by Nokia.

Andrei1987 wrote:

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

I meant that the new devices will be running on 1ghz procs, not that there's going to be e E6 whit 1 GHz!!!!!!

I was OK whit the 680 hz proc because I thought the device is made to run smooth! But I got so disappointed, like never before in a phone! It's a shame the phone has this many bugs!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gogogo_none

I dont mind sticking with 680mhz as long as the battery life is much much better than the 1ghz counterpart.. AFAIK the 1ghz-ish phone tends to drain the battery faster. 

All i need is the ease of input (qwerty + touch), battery life, able to handle thousand of messages without much lag, and know how to notify me when i missed a call or sms.

Sadly, E6-00 doesnt have the last requirement and the 9900 from R* has bad battery life too.

DARN IT NO-KIA, FIX E6 NOW!!! 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

[ Edited ]

Ditto!

What's the benefit of this HW, if the soft is a disgrace?

I mean, hw is kind of old (same as N8), battery can't keep up to the promise, the buglist is full of awkward bugs, and Nokia has other problems than to care for the customers that buy their products!

Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

@ krisking911

As you say, Your post has nothing to do with battery life or power saving, Then why did you post it (Spam ?). Next we'll have members here posting links to random apps just to be considerate.

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.
krisking911

@WhiteVanMan,

Well, first off; I wouldn't dare do that do that to you guys here (Deliberately post spam or virus links). And while I understand your skepticism, let me say this: I was posting that info on the "Remind Me" app and the link to the blog for gogogo_none as a response to the last part of their post, but I also thought others could also benefit from this, particularly the few ppl that probably haven't reviewed the last 9 pages of this thread that mentions this app and the blog more than a hand full of times and where you can get it. Plus, I noticed that this thread has slowly been straying away from its main purpose, which was to mention and hopefully find solutions for the dim Notification Lights (Hence the title: "Nokia E6 doesn't’t have notification light"), and has become more about complaints of battery life, lag time, and other issues. Not that those issues aren't important --- However, I thought I'd refresh the main topic a bit. 

Not trying to be a **bleep** or anything, just thought I'd clear things up a bit. Hope you also have a chance to trust and try the app..Its very beneficial. But that's up to you. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
cowipedia

Hi All,

Just a gentle reminder, we are using a peer-to-peer discussion forum and we have to maintain a friendly atmosphere. Please ensure polite and respectful correspondence with each other to avoid causing arguments or offending other users.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
EddieRo

hi guys.
Take it easy.
Nokia doesn't care about us for sure.
The good thing is that people read the posts and act accordingly, as we all wished to.
At least they will teach Nokia a lesson.
About the battery life that I almost got a heart-attack on at the end of the first day of full usage, I accidentely found something: as the battery reached very low status it got into the energy saving mode. When I connected it to the charger it asked me if to deactivate the saving energy mode and I asked NO. The next day was totally different. Try it but do not expect to reach the Nokia specifications. The only thnig I cannot use and I need is the light-torch and I believe is because of this saving mode.
Other issue: has anyone encountered the auto-activation of the loud-speaker when answering a waiting call? The soft doesn't even realize it happens because the loud-speaker activation button appears on the screen (but the phone is already on speaker!!!). The only way to solve it was to hang on and call back. Nice, Nokia... You took my privacy to your garbage can when everybody heard my call...
As I said before: Nokia, beware! We will get back on you!
Eddie.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Aimes1

Eddie, I had the opposite issue where I was on a call and somehow accidentally muted the call so the person on the other side couldn't hear me.  Then I was fumbling in panic to try to unmute...!

Other issue: has anyone encountered the auto-activation of the loud-speaker when answering a waiting call? The soft doesn't even realize it happens because the loud-speaker activation button appears on the screen (but the phone is already on speaker!!!). 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
2x6700and1x6300

Oops...anOTHER negative thread about E6...

Looks like ther should come an E6-01 or so...

I am more and more glad I did NOT buy a new E6 yesterday, reading the discussions here.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Grodelj

I haven't had that kind of problem yet. Overall I am very satisfied with the phone, appart of course of notification light problem (solved with remind me) and very weak vibration alert. I don't think it's a fail phone, but nokia not responding with fixes, that's annoying. But then again, I don't think any other company would..but that of course is not an excuse for ignorance.

Please use plain text.
krisking911

@Grodelj

Hey, did you have any issues with the Remind Me app only working on SMS and missed calls? It won't work with emails for me? Did you have this issue at all? Just curious.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes, that's know issue...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
carlon

Lets hope that all these things get sorted with the release of symbian belle

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

Symbian belle is an interface.

Not a bug-fix!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KME72

[ Edited ]

Bye bye Nokia.

After 10 pages of posts (starting in June) on this issue, months of waiting without any solution, and an unsatisfactory two line response from a "Nokia employee not directly involved" my limit has been reached. Not only did Nokia release a half baked device with bugs but also grossly exaggerated the specifications on battery life.  This proves to me that Nokia has taken a turn for the worst.  This will be my last Nokia device.

Just picked up a BB 9900 which I willl not comment on other than to say that the E6 is going to be sold on e-bay (assuming someone wants to buy this crummy device).

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

Nice post

Same here!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Re: Nokia E6 doesn't have notification light

[ Edited ]

Just in case for those people who really want to solve their notification light problem instant and get the best in line there is....

Install the application "Remind Me" from Nokia Store.

I have used for a time now and this program lights up almost every thing in the room (if I want to) for missed calls, missed sms/mms and missed emails.

The program works really well, I mean really really good.

You can manage what buttons to blink and how long blinks in seconds and for how long and and all these calls/sms/emails can be induvidually set on also for what profiles. Almost fully customable in every way.

In fact, no other indication light program can be better, that program is really the THE program for light indicator fans.

Simply put, when you have seen it working for a day or two, you can´t be satisfied with a ordinary indicator light that usually is installed on a phone and thats include when Nokia have fixed the light for the built in program.

I am just saying, get it, even I can´t be out of this program after a time with it.

The settings are way better than anything I have seen when it comes to indications light. The lights are also very strong, even a blind man can see it.

Move on and get it now, cause even if it takes some time for Nokia to fix this light indication issue, I think you want the best in this matter anyhow, there is a difference here, huge difference.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.