Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 doesn’t have notification light

Counsellor
vyenky

I hope I should get the solution in either 1st week or 2nd week of Jan.

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
benzman

I'm planning to buy the Nokia E6, I live in United Arab Emirates. A lot were saying that old batches had the problem of the notification light. Is it solved now? Can NOKIA CARE replace the D-pad with a revised one upon request? I would like to know this because I really rely on the notification light a lot and it does make things way easier. Please respond back as soon as possible.
Kind regards,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
atlochowski

You must ask in local Nokia Care.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dushyanth289

so what happed venky....even im from india (bangalore). is it available in india now?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

Hi Dushyanth289,

No luck yet. I spoke with Nokia Care at Thane, but still they yet to receive KEYMAT from Nokia. It seems Nokia is importing it from abroad. Order is still in process. on 26th Jan My live call will complete 2 months.

Please log a call with Nokia Care and ask them to get the Keymat from Nokia india.

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

I think I will Belle and New Keymat both at the same time.. :smileyhappy:

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dlmiles

Can anyone explain if the wikipedia page for Nokia E6 is correct and a new model has been shipping since late Oct 2001 with a fix ?

Then how do I verify I have that newer model by inspecting the markings on the box or phone ?

I very recently renewed my 2 year contract with Vodafone UK and took subsidised E6-00 handsets on the understanding they were the newer hardware model.  The original phones shipped were the original hardware version, I've been shipped more handsets but looking at them without turning them on, I can not see any design difference around the 4 way pad in the centre of the handset.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paulw27

This is my first post,which I felt it may be helpful to hear my experience.

It is interesting reading your post.I have also seen the Wiki article,trying to move from an E72.I am Uk based,bought an E6 early October not knowing about the light and sent it back after looking at the issue on google.The light is a major issue for *me*

Having left it for several months,this week I contacted Nokia asking if the revised hardware was now in retail stores(-since October?-),they advised me to contact the retailer to confirm! I asked how the retailer would know-I dont think any retailer would be keen to open the box,and would he know by looking.I have had no reply from 2 days ago and I don't think they would.

I took the gamble and ordered another from a reputable online store but it has the same hardware issue.I have no local Nokia Care point in which to take it to be 'repaired' and am frustrated at the lack of clarity from Nokia on this.I would have been willing to wait a time scale Nokia confirmed it would take.

I can only think either Nokia are only providing the 'repair',or there are not sufficient volumes selling for a worldwide rollout?

Not too sure where I go now.

Please use plain text.
Sage

I personally don't know what the situation is regards Nokia manufacturing a revised E6.

If however a revised model is being manufactured, we have to keep in mind that suppliers and retailers may still be selling the "old" stock. In which case it would be anyones guess as to when a revised model would start to be sold.

Paulw27, slightly off topic in this thread but did you buy a sim free and unbranded E6 from said reputable online retailer? If so I'd be interested to know which firmware version it has, v21, v22 or v25 and if any any firmware updates are available for it. I bought a sim free E6 upon it's UK release from Amazon (product code 059H6F1) still with original v21 buggy firmware and not a single update has been made available for it. That seems to be the experience of others users with E6's of the same product code. It makes me think Nokia doesn't support the generic SIM free E6. Maybe something else to consider regards your E6 ownership.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paulw27

Contacted Nokia Care,who eventually agreed to arrange return to Nokia for 'repair',initially suggested return to retailer which I did not wish for-it would have been for my money back.Will see what happens.

twozero3, I agree with your comments regarding the supply.I also found a lower than expected number of retailers stocking them.It was bought sim free and unbranded.Can't tell you firmware as I no longer have it.It will be interesting to see what it comes back with (Belle?-wishful thinking?).My issue always has been I wished to stay with Nokia and the E72 form which works for me on several levels and I think the E6 is likely to be the last of this form running Symbian at the (arguable) high end ,and it takes me forwards from th E72.Thanks for your f/w info I will review on it's return.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rockluvva

I got the E6 as an upgrade to the E72, which I loved & didn't want to part with, but the lack of memory on the E72 was causing a lot of problems & I hardly had anything on it!

I took my E6 to my local Nokia Care Point  as soon as I got it, saying about the notification light being faint & from what I'd heard, Nokia were aware of this & had a replacement part to solve it..  It was returned a week later, not having been touched, the report simply said "No fault found". 

I have just rung Nokia CC, who informed me this is a standard issue with the phone & basically I am stuck with it!

I have sent an email to see if this'll get any other response.

Am I stuck with it?  I have seen here that people have had their replacement keyboard part & it's solved the problem.

Otherwise, are there any apps that make some other part of the keypad flash?  I saw there was one called "Remind Me", is that the only one?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paulw27

When I had my first,I found  at least 1 ,possibly 2 apps,may have been 'remind me',I installed,but did not feel they were as good as the light-you were able to trial the one I used.Others may know more.Wondered if it was a Uk Nokia Care point?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rockluvva

"Remind me" is the trial one I think.  It's not bad but not the best, it doesn't seem to turn whatever light you choose off when you set it to, so it's one extreme to the other - but still a great idea.

Yes, it was a UK Nokia carepoint.  Will see if my email brings any joy but I'm not hopeful :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

Hello,

I will not use any software to avoid problems of the E6 hardware design Fault.

I will wait till this weekend and again ask Nokia India about the situation and where new Keymat ordered for me

is reached.

Regards,

Vyenky

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Sage

Absolutely! We should not have to rely on third party software to correct or mitigate Nokia's faults.

The availability of updated parts to correct the huge design blooper of the notification light on the E6 should be stated or announced much more clearly by Nokia rather than being kept as some kind of secret.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dushyanth289

you kno what..im tired of this nonsense..why should we suffer because of all the hardware and software glitches of e6..they should replace our e6 with a more stable Software and hardware...why should we pay to get full version of RemindMe app..we should all get a replacements like paulw27... AND my battery only lasts for 7 hours....Nokia has advertised ALL WRONG THINGS.....this i...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dushyanth289

nokia has advertised falsely about the battery !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
giveitall

The battery life on my E6 is excellent...

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

Nokia never has and never will take statement regarding the E6.

The product is not of interest, for them. Probably the HW developer was held accountable for the notification-light issue, and they launched the new Key-Board, in a try to respond to users requests. But it's clearly of no priority to them.

They care about Windows phone, entering the US market. In the end, it looks like it's your fault, going for the E6 and not for the other brilliant Nokia Products. :smileytongue:

The E6 is nowhere near Nokia busy schedule-list, it's already a phone of old HW and will be forgotten, wants the next Nokia Flagship goes on sale

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

But I am not going to leave this issue. I will keep on checking with Nokia India unless they change my KEYMAT.

Vyenky
Please use plain text.