Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 doesn’t have notification light

Contributor
hashanga

I'm now an unfortunate Nokia E6 owner in  Sri Lanka. I was aware about the notification light problem of the E6 when I bought it in March, but I was hoping to fix it someday later from Nokia Care in Sri Lanka.
I went to the Nokia Care 2 months back and their answer was there's no new keymat for the E6. Now today I called the so called "Nokia Care Centre"  and the dialogue was like-

• Is there a new keypad for the Nokia E6?

No there isn't.

• But there's a  new keymat available in other countries.

No, there's no such thing.

• Is it possible to import the keypad from another country?

Not possible.

• So what's the solution for the notification light issue in the E6?

(Silence)...(Hanged up after about 40 seconds without saying a word)

Now my questions are

• Do these people working in the Nokia Center know something called "politeness" :confused:obviously  the ones in the showroom does, but how about after-sales?)'
  • Is it possible to inform the Nokia Care Centre- Colombo about the new keymat.
    No: 230/1, Galle Road
    Colombo - 4
    Tel  +94115344237
    Hotline  +94777726724
    Fax +94115344514
    http://nokia.softlogic.lk/contact.htm
  • Is it possible to order this keymat from another country's Nokia Care, maybe for a fair fee(Even if it's Nokia's fault)..

PS: Sorry if I'm being too offensive. But they really should learn how to talk to their customers.

- HG
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HuwPuw

BE WARNED - I followed the advice in this discussion and sent my phone off to Nokia Care, UK to get the new transparent D-pad fitted.

A week later my phone returned - same D-pad, software completely re-installed. So I still do not have a message alert light that I can see and now have to spend much time in re-setting my e-mail accounts and network access protocols.

Thanks for nothing Nokia! - another Nokia stalwart will follow the Android crowd i'm afraid.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
EddieRo

Guys,

I have followed my first thoughts (started more than an year ago) and, despite nokia Romania changed my keypad back then, dropped my E6 and moved to Samsung Galaxy SIII.

This is the way my 10 years experience with nokia phones (5110, 6310i, E71, E72, E6) ends.

I will not come back to Nokia no matter what joint ventures they will do with Microsoft or whoever.

This is my last post as I do not use a nokia phone anymore.

By the way, anyone interested in buying a E72 and the latest, extraordinary, state of the art nokia e6? :smileyhappy:

Ciau-bau!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aw6789

[ Edited ]

hashanga, no point informing them, I also inquired about the new Keymat in May and they were clueless. Softlogic doesn't seem to be the best representative for Nokia, they don't have the latest phones (no Lumia range as far as I know), and not even the latest accesories (like the Nokia Purity headsets) They don't even have simple things like E6 leather pouches like the one given in the box - had to go to Liberty Plaza and get one from a shop there.

When I bought my E6 from them last September, they were still selling the 5800!!!!

There isn't even a localized website for Nokia in Sri Lanka, which seems a bit odd when for such a small country, majority of the population (not those who can afford iPhones/Blackberries/upper segment androids) swear by Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aw6789

[ Edited ]

Any Forum Admins reading this might want to tell your HQ to have a closer look at how the operations in Sri Lanka are run in terms of product range and maybe evaluate service quality as well. The only new Nokia phone I've seen them advertise lately is the 808 pureview.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
warimoo

UK residents - this is how I got NOTIFICATION LIGHTS WORKING on NOKIA E6-00

First I rang my Nokia Centre (Grimsby UK) and explained my problem.

They said they would order a new (updated) D pad (this type has a small opaque square in the centre of the D pad).

They rang me a couple of days later to say it had arrived so I made an appointment to take my E6-00 in to them.

I took my E6-00 in a couple of days later and left it with them for ONE HOUR (I did NOT have to clear software etc).

One hour later I called back to Nokia Centre and was given my phone that now had the different D pad fitted.

WORKS PERFECTLY - missed calls, missed SMS - the notification lights flash away happily and are EASILY seen.

(remember that Nokia do NOT provide notification lights for missed eMails).

The Nokia Care Centre in Grimsby UK did a perfect job - NO CHARGE as it was under warranty of course.

Please use plain text.
Ollies

Hello,

About a half year ago, I contacted Nokia about the D-pad, notification light problem.
For two times I send my E6-00 to NokiaCare (ProAssist) in the Netherlands. Two times it came back with nothing changed. I put everytime a note of the problem from the notificationlight by the phone when I send it in. I also send an email with the problem. But nothing happened. Very fustrating and my phone was more than 5 weeks gone! I spoke to the people from Nokia Care on the telephone and they were very sorry everytime, but it didn't work. Again nothing happened. Only the glass was new for two times.(wasn't even broken or damaged?!)

Now for the third time, I've to sent it over... Another 3 weeks? So bad.

How can this happen?

Don't they know what they are doing or something like that? Or is there personal not qualified?

NOKIA HELP!!!

:thumbdown:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

So it seems to depend which country you're in! Well done Nokia in the UK, well in Grimsby at least. Nokia Care in Denmark assured me over the phone that the problem would be solved if I sent it off to the 3rd party repair centre Nokia uses. That was a back-down from an initial "just a moment, Sir, don't worry, we'll find a solution to your problem."

Alas, because all the Nokia Care folk I've spoken to over the past 8 months are totally obvlivious to the D-pad problem, I have no confidence in receiving a modified phone from TeleCare in Jutland (they've just closed their service point in the most densely populated part of Denmark - the capital, ).

So far, Nokia has lost an E70 for me and my first E72 was "on vacation" in the Czech Republic for a month. I think a new approach is necessary. I believe the best solution would be for users to register a service request with the 3rd party service partner (in  the case of Denmark, TeleCare), who would inform them when they had the D-pad (Keymat) ready to fit, The user would then send them their phone and get it back within a week.

Despite the millions of phones sold, defects like the D-pad - in effect a painted-over window - should, in My Humble Opinion, get some kind of priority in the repair system.

Nokia needs more critical users - why not get your tech-savvy Nokia-user friends to join in here (serious contributors only!)

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Contributor
warimoo

Wow - you guys are certainly having your problems - my experience was excellent and the phone is working perfectly with the notification lights doing their job.

My UK (Grimsby) Nokia Care Centre did a superb job - no fuss - no hesitation - no wasted time - just a quick and perfect job.

I wish you good luck with your efforts.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kp2e50

I've placed a service request for the new D-pad keymat for my E6 at Nokia Care Centre, (Fones 4 U), Vileparle West, Mumbai. Let's see how the service turns out... keeeping my fingers crossed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MisterGrumpy

Just got a brand new Nokia E6 replacement under warranty. It has the notification problem though with the old keymat. Took it to a local Nokia care centre here in the UK who knew nothing about the fix but have ordered a replacement keymat. That was 3 weeks ago and they said that they've heard nothing back from Nokia as to a delivery date and it might be that the part is no longer available.

Is this keymat still available? Can anyone advise which Nokia care centre in the Uk could get this done onsite without me having to send the whole phone off to Nokia for weeks on end with the risk that they won't actually replace the keymat? Why is it so difficult to get a simple fix done?

Please use plain text.
Anandthakkar0

hello,
i am anand thakkar from india. I am working in one leading multination group. I am always fame of NOKiA however android and other OS are beting nokia OS.

I had recently purchased E6. I have to about it to you....

this phone is totaly bissuness oriented...
But, surpricing no feature are available as bissuness phone
this is shoking all for who had upgrade mobile from E5,E72,E75.

Many and more functions are not working or badly working in E6

-notification light working (badly working like not working you can say)
-8 MP camera but qulity is bad (nokia E72 is more better however 5 MP) i can not read any document letter however E6 is officephone
-there is no camera key (but facility given for voice key it should be press long time i have no require that)
-very good phone memory thats very nice but shoking i can't use it because it is always occupied by OTHER FILE once time i had paid for it for sofware refresh it solved for temarary u should pay each time to nokia care for phone memory clear (i had seen many forum but no have answer of this) after full of phone memory phone working very badly.even phon or call cant receive.
-very few application are available or working with verry small letter verry hardly can read
-office application not working (word,excel,ppt,pdf) eventhough office smart phone

i want my money back.i had lose many call msgs and my deal...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MisterGrumpy

Two months later and my local Nokia care centre still can't get the replacement keypad. This is pathetic, not content with killing off a fine handset, Nokia can't even be bothered to provide the parts to official dealers.

If anyone from Nokia is reading this, what's the deal here? Did you make like only 10 of these replacement keypads or are you deliberately preventing spare parts reaching official Nokia care centres in a feeble attempt to try and force us to buy those useless WIndows Phone's instead?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bronzedragon18

Guys , there is a workaround on the Daily Mobile forum that remaps the red mute LED to a notification light . That said , does anyone know if Nokia USA can replace the keymat for an E6 ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

The phone came on the market in 2011, but a lot of people, myself included, did what they usually did: waited until the bugs were fixed before buying one.

HA! I bought mine in February 2012 thinking they must have resolved the Notification Light issue. No such luck, and because Nokia Customer Care had no idea whether the replacement key mat would be available (Denmark), I certainly wasn't going to send it off by mail (no over-the-counter service West of West Jutland any more) and probably get it back weeks later with no chnages made.

Not good enough. By any standards. Even if they did give me a free Mirror App to check whether my beard's straight.

Try searching on Nokia's web for a new headset for an E6. It doesn't even exist. My phone will, though, for at least another year.

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cotoousu

4Cu2 wrote:
The notification light being too dim problem is fixed by an improved keymat version. The Care points will be informed about this solution with in a couple of days from now and they will then be able to help you in getting the problem fixed.

Really??
To help ME Your Nokia Care Points for your poor quality of your products ??? No, YOU, Nokia, are getting help from ME! Is that I accept to change my keyboard in my time, of my frustration, of buying a product that i thought it has the carracteristics from paper, not a phone with no (esential feature of a business phone) notifications light? YOU are getting help from me because I accept to make in pieces a new good phone for your poor quality and your arrogant attitude.

Where are your famous laboratorys of quality test??? Not even test the features of your final products? I am a beta tester or a costumer? I work on your company by any chance and I am not knowing that? You help me?! No!, I help you, because i am your customer, and I have paid a good amount of MY money for your unfinished product and I ACCEPT to make in pieces a new phone for your questionable quality of your Nokia Care Points.

I essence, i wanted to make clear of this aberration with who and which is getting help from.

I just bought a new E6 and I am from Bucharest - Romania. I have a old keyboard and i don't know what to do. Change or not to change the keyboard? I am worried about the quality of Nokia Care Points in Bucharest and I am anxious to give them my E6 in order to open up a new good phone. What if they make something stupid with my phone? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Apart from this controversial story with the keyboard, in my opinion E6 is a great phone. If you do care about physical qwerty.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cotoousu

I have read all this topic and it was hilarious, but very frustrating. Nokia simply don't gives a cent about us. Let me explain.

I can't belive what a poor quality of services are in the Nokia Care Points that are represented by Nokia and vice versa. Lame situation. Nokia should choose very carefuly those Care Points. But if Nokia don't care much about it's clients, so are those Nokia Care Points....

I saw in previous pages that some users got their phones back from Nokia Care Point with a new keyboard that has been replaced with the ...same keyboard?!? Double lame it is!

Also, i notice that the customers are those who inform their Nokia Care Points about the led notifications and the new keypad. Nobody knows about that... Why is that? Surprisingly, a such big company like Nokia, does not have email adresses to send some emails to their Nokia Care Points and to inform them about the issues with led notifications and the new keypad. I am ironic, of curse. Lame, again.

After reading this topic and observe reactions from Nokia on this issue, i found out that Nokia don't realy care much about his costumers. Also, very frustrating for me to read souch amount of complaints about NO notifications light for email on the E6 (unlike E61/E61i/E71/E72 etc) and to observe that Nokia don't care at all about his business customers that were meant for the E6 model. Even today E6 does not have led notifications for email. Lame again. Too much lame!

Good job, Nokia. As you take care about us, in the same way we will take care about you. With Microsoft or without.
Please use plain text.