Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6: sms problem

nnaf

Nokia E6: sms problem

Hi,

I am having problems with sending texts to certain friends (Verizon and sprint customers); my E6 seems to send the messages, but for some reason my verizon friends only receive the messages part of the time (some messages they receive, others they do not). I also have one experience where someone says he receives a bunch of boxes instead of actual letters.

Another problem persists with sprint customers; she recieves my message but she says there is no content (no text) in them.  **I receive messages from them all with no problems.

Note: I have been working with one of my verizon friends who has a blackberry... it seems there is a pattern... he receives one or two word texts fine but as soon as I go over 80 characters he doesn't recieve them... same goes with a friend with an iphone 4. **I have texted the same people with an E71 and it works fine... looks like an E6 issue...

Just wondering if anyone else with an e6 is having this problem? And if anyone has a solution?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Hi nnaf,

Thank you for you post and welcome to the forums!

The issue may be caused by the SMS service settings. You could try to reset your phone to factory settings by dialing *#7780# followed by default security code 12345 (unless you have changed it). This does not remove any of your personal data on the phone, but we would advise you to make a full backup with Nokia Suite just in case. After the reset, start the phone once without your SIM card, then with the SIM card and check your SMS service settings. 

If the problem persists, we would recommend that you request new SMS settings from your operator and turn on delivery reporting, so you can see whether or not your messages are received.

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
nnaf

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I have tried both solutions; the problem still persists.

However, I have been experimenting with the issue with one of my Verizon friends (blackberry). We found that when I type and send a response (over 80 characters) from the conversation view (see attached) he does not receive them; as previously explained. However, when I choose to create a new message and I just type in the screen that appears (also attached), when I send the message he does receive it! I find that odd, haha. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Hi nnaf,

Have you tried reinstalling your phone firmware? If the problem is with the phone software, this may solve it. To do this, select Tools > Software update and re-install firmware on Nokia Suite, just remember to make a full backup first. 

If the problem persists, I would recommend that you contact your local Nokia Care Point (or your operator) and let them have a look.

Hope this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
nnaf

Hi,

Well I have just dug myself into an even bigger hole -_-... tried re-installing the  firmware but was unsuccesful; I kept getting a 12052 error code. I read about the code and tried all the suggested solutions... nothing worked. So, I decided to restore the phone to factory settings thinking that might work... it didn't. Went to restore it to the old way and accidentally unplugged the phone during the restoration. Now my phone won't turn on and ovi suite does not recognize that it is connected. Any suggestions on how to revive my phone? lol

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Dear Nokia Member.

I am also having this problem in Pakistan same as NNAF.

I am using Ufone Mobile service and whenever I send any message more than 160 characters , Its been sent but the recipient neverget it.

I am using latest Firmware Belle on E6
Please use plain text.
TextNoMore

My Nokia E6 running Belle has stopped sending texts. Seem to be able to get them okay.  My SIM card works fine in my old Nokia C3.   Tried to restore the factory settings on the E6 and have had no luck.  Seems like Nokia would have developed a solution to this problem given the number of Nokia phone owners with the same issue.

Has anyone found out why this happens and what can be done to fix it?  You would expect to be able do a  task as simple as sending a text!  Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RetardE6

Am having the same problem. My phone can only send blank sms but will not send any messages with text. Its a shame Nokia has not psoted a solution as yet
Please use plain text.