Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 - wifi problem

Vague

Nokia E6 - wifi problem

guys i've problem in the wi-fi connection , my uni.'s wi-fi requests My ID and the password ... the problem i dont know how to enter the ID and the pass. while my E6 nokia ain't opening any box to type the ID or the pass 

the network is WPA/WPA2 type 

How do i manage that ?!!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Hi Vague,

Welcome to the forum!

On the device, you just need to have the WPA key for you to be able to connect to a  WLAN connection. I haven't encounter a WLAN that requires Username and Password. Do you have the WAP key from the owner of the router? Have you tried connecting to that WLAN connection by just using the WAP key? 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Which university is that? Some use WPA-Enterprise which need some additional steps on a Nokia. Because there are so many different types of WPA-Enterprise called EAP-xyz, please, first give us the name of your university.

Please use plain text.
Vague

the uni name is AUST ( Ajman University for sci & Tech. ) 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Your university uses WAP-Enterprise with PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2. First, in your Nokia, you have to install the certificate authority of AUST, called AUSTCA (see page 23). Did that help?

Please use plain text.