Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E66 how to copy contacts to sim blindfold?

Nokia E66 how to copy contacts to sim blindfold?

Dear Users,

I have a E66 which I have been using for the lat 6 months and I can say tha this is the best up to now. However yesterday I have dropped my phone and the screen is gone and I can not have it fixed for another week. I have just bught a new cheap temporariy nokia bu all my contacts are in my phone memory. How can I coy those to my sim card blindfold or is there any virtual online menu that I can use as a guideline.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: Nokia E66 how to copy contacts to sim blindfold?

you can try to create backup via pc suite. when you connect the usb cable it will ask you what connection you want unless you have it set to default. you will select the first option so you dont have to do anyting but press your dpad as select. the rest of operations you can do on your computer. you will create a back up now, because the nokia that you just bought is lower end handset i am not sure that you will be able to send those contacts over. it's worth a try tho
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

When I plug the usb to my pc, nothing happens and I do no know what it asks on the screen but after connecting I pressed the jog dial but nothing happens. However on the pc, I can see what is inside my phone (my computer - removable drive E) but in that I can not find contacts.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

ok it sounds like your phone connects in mass storage mode, you might want to scroll up one when you reconnect the phone and select it again. this could be the pc suite mode. on my n82 i have the pc suite mode first and  the mass storage second. so scroll one up and select.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.