Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E7 would not turn on.

Contributor
mobilecell

Nokia E7 would not turn on.

Hello. Greetings,

Once again I am in need of help. I am experiencing a problem with my Nokia E7, (this is my 2nd E7.) It was another day with me and my E7 yesterday, me using it, listening to music and taking some photos. As I was so sleepy last night, I checked my phone for new messages (since it's always silent), swiped the side lock, but it did't open, I then pressed the menu button; there appeared a message saying system error. I selected OK using the touchscreen, then I locked my phone again (this time the side lock worked) I disregarded the problem since I was too sleepy.

This morning when I checked my phone, it wouldn't turn on at all. I don't know what happened. I tried to charge it;

thru the wall plug, light in the charging port light would just blink for a few minutes, then it would disappear, I try to turn it on but it wouldn't. Nothing would display on the screen, no vibrations.

I also tried to the USB connected through my PC, it still wouldn't, it wouldn't even recognize that my phone is connected. Nothing.

I had no problems encountered with this phone, except for 3 instances when my phone hanged when I was using the internet months ago.

As far as I can recall, my E7 has been updated with all the latest software.

I need help, please. This is my second E7 already*

*Months ago I posted a problem with my first E7, somebody accidentally wet it, I tried the suggestions of the helpful members here, I put it in an airtight container with rice, and silica gel. Miraculously it worked, but for a limited time only. Unfortunately the phone died; but when I connect it to the usb the pc still recognizes it and reads the data, screen displays it charging,but it doesn't power on however.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mobilecell

Also, my apologies with my English, I am trying my best to describe the problems I am encountering and English is not my native language. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

sounds like you need to persist with your Nokia Care for repairs or if that isn't working, a replacement handset: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mobilecell

Thanks adrianhughes, but do you mean that there is nothing I can do from this point? Like leaving it charged on for hours, or just letting it be? Thanks..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

nothing at all mate, sorry.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.