Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E72: Memory full. Delete or move some data f...

Advisor
SmartStan

Re: Nokia E72: Memory full. Delete or move some data from C: Phone memory.

And another thing, will it also work for the error message "Memmory fuul. Please close one or more application." ?

Stan Cokoe
on mobile
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DextrousDave

Hi

Solution found!

I've been struggling with the same problems for a while now, and finally got a viable solution to this.

1. On your phone, go to: Menu>Office>File Manager>Click on 'Phone Memory'>scroll down to 'logs'>open 'logs' folder>open 'Eng' subfolder>open '0ds'>
2. In this folder you are currently in '0ds', you will see a lot of files with long weird file names. You need to delete ALL thos files, since they are all cookies stored
 constantly by your phone. You need to delete these file at least once a day to prevent clogging.
3. To delete all of them (without doing it one by one), select 'options', then select 'mark all' and delete. Presto.
Be patient, as this may take a while especially if you have never done this before. It took my phone 3hours to delete the 12000+ files that were in there.

This really helped me to free 100MB+ space on C: drive memory.

This was brought to you by tech support @ voipcall.v4m.mobi. A complete VoIP solution for Symbian/Nokia, iOS, Android, Windows.

[B][URL="http://voipcall.v4m.mobi"]voipcall.v4m.mobi[/URL][/B]

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dhingrasud

I really dont have any folder which reads 'logs' in my E72. It has the following folders and files in 'Phone Memory'
Activenotes, download, fc, Games, Images, Installed files, MailForExchange, My Videos, Nokia, SoundFiles, Other, SportsTracker, system, Videoclips & files are httplog.txt, httplogs.txt, HXMDEngine_3_2.cfg, licencesrv.log, MdfPluginArchive.txt, plugin_archive.txt, R1_Mobile_4_0.cfg, simalbt.db

Nothing in these filders have 'logs' folder. What do I need to do to follow your step Mr. Dave?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stnik77

Thanks for the tip. I found it and I’m deleting 14.0404 files.

It is incredible how is gather so many files.

Thanks for the tip....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maroofh

Yes, deleting the logs freed up a lot of memory on my phone, I deleted around 20,000 files from that folder which took a few hours.

To anyone else who wishes to do this, I recommend connecting your phone to the PC and doing it from there as you get a time estimate of how long it will take.

I still have around 150MB taken up by 'other files' but this has definitely helped speed up my phone, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
verlore1

Hi

Thank you so much with the help!!!  So much appreciated!

N

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vjgrover

this works ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vjgrover

this works immediately .. no rebooting .. thanks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
umer716

when i open my '0ds! Folder it says 'no data exist' but i am facing same problem 'memory full' while browsing internet, please help......
Please use plain text.
emredemirci

The "memory full error" you get while browsing on the internet is a different situation.
/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/Nokia-E72-internet-browser-error-message-memory-is-full-close/td-p/702...

E72's amount of RAM (128MB) simply is not enough for the sites full of images, banners, sliders and other data. When you load a website with a 3-4MB's homepage its RAM gets full immediately (because there are some other applications and services for the phone to act like a smart(!) phone) and browser cannot continue and crashes. You have nothing to do with this kind of problem other than visiting the mobile version of the site you are visiting, if any, closing any other applications (which you have probably done before).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dextrousdave2

Hi there. Sorry I've taken so long to respond. I suggest you pconnect your phone to your pc, and use the Nokia PC Suite and explore the folders on your phone, until you find the logs folder. As you can see, many people found that folder, so it must be somewhere on your phone. I don;t really know nokia phones well, I just helped a friend with this particular solution. This is the only solution I know. Regards Dave
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sugerray1

Hi All

i feel sorry for you guys using this phone its actually my second e72 this phone is a complete failure, i had the same problem took it to nokia for a software upgrade then now the technician tells me its liquid demage. Can the battery leak acid?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sebka

@DextrousDave

Your solution solved my problem! Many thanks to you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
clive369

[ Edited ]

@EMREDEMIRCI, MANY thanks for that solution.

It's ridiculous that Nokia have created a problem (probably by acccident but they're still responsible for the phone's software) where customers should have to be getting into this kind of file management: it's like asking a car driver to do a 'quick re-map' of their car's engine mgmt system.

I still like my E72 but I feel Nokia have really lost it on the software front, this being a good example. Another is the Nokia PC Suite: it is incredibly clunky, slow, inefficient and failure prone. It makes something like Picassa (completely different application I know) seem like something out of Star Wars Next Generation.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nlc1

I have tried the suggestion to delet the Ods contet, but this still does not help.

I want to add Anniversaries but still get the Memory Full error message. I have deleted some data already but still does not help.

Any further suggestions??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
SmartStan

I do hope eventually someone will find a solutiin that really works.
Stan Cokoe
on mobile
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sugababe

how do i type hash, star etc with a qwerty keyboard please to reset phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Sugababe

Upon E72 just start keying in *#7370# followed by 12345 (default Nokia lock code unless altered by user).

If referring to E72 although all user data would be deleted you can also use a three key depressed power on hard reset by:-

Keeping these three buttons depressed:

- Capslock

- Space

- Backspace

and power on until Nokia "Shaking hands" logo appears!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GO_P13S

I was having this issue as well and I couldn't find the files on my Nokia E72 that were taking up so much space... Well finally I believe I have worked it out. I found a file called "licensersrv.log" which was taking up 200mb of my phone memory and I have now deleted it. I know have over 200mb free memory instead of just 5mb.

To locate this file I went to:
> Menu
> Office
> Adobe PDF
> C: Phone Memory
> scrolled down the list of files until you find "licensersrv.log". The size of the file will be displayed when you highlight it.
> To delete, I clicked Options, then Edit, then delete.

Restarted my phone and it seems to be working fine.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
spartanix

try not installing everything on you phone....
Hack your phone so you can install ENDCLEAR this is a very powerful apps in deleting unuseful files and of course allows you to install applications not allowed on you unhacked os.

One thing o have discovered is that to get rid of memory full issues, do not configure messges to ba saved on your memory card...use teh phone memory however delete unimportant messages......
Please use plain text.