Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E72 Unable to Create Mailbox ??

PSL184

Arrrrgh !!!  Please help

Trying to set up my new E72 and everytime I enter my email name and password the phone starts "Detecting Email Settings" then "Unable to Create Mailbox".

Tried both gmail and virginmedia, both the same ??

Please help

Thanks Lou x

Please use plain text.
PSL184

Re: Nokia E72 Unable to Create Mailbox ??

No probs, I figured it out and also figured out the syncml with Google for my contacts.... This phone is not very intuitive when it comes to setup, I just hope that general use will be easier !!!!
Please use plain text.
kenturkey

I came to this discussion because google indicated it when I searched 'nokia E72 unable to create mailbox'.

'Unable to create mailbox' used to be a huge headache for me to use E72 for over one year and half. I tried to soft and hard reset the device, brought it to Nokia Care Point to spend 15 pounds to re-install the whole system, or call the customer service line again and again for a continuous one year, but the problem still existed. To be honest, I was not satisfied with Nokia customer services at all. The staff at the Nokia Care Point only cared about charging money. After the first re-instalation when the problem still existed, they said I had to pay more to process other checks. In terms of technicians from the customer service line, they were helpless. I called them again and again. Each time when I called, there was a different technicain, and I had to repeat the situation again and again. They only knew to suggest me do the basic reset, including to try *#7370# or to reset factory factory settings, which I had tried over hundreds times. They even used remote control application to install some remote app on my E72 and did some checks from their ends, but still it didn't help. When the technician realised he/she didn't have another method, they promised to call me back later, but they never did. I was so disappointed with their service. It took around an hour or longer each time I called. When the problem couldn't be fixed, I had to call again and repeat the problem from the beginning again to a new line advisor. It was so time and money consuming!!!! And what was the most annoying was that they were not helpful! After such torturing experience, the problem still existed! It was a frustrating and exhausting experience from 05.2011 to this year 06.2012... I gave up Nokia in the end, though it used to be my favourate phone.

Sorry to make such a long complaint. I just want to provide a feedback to Nokia, so as to let them know that their poor service and products are losing former loyalty clients. 

===============================================

Right, back to the problem, 'unable to create mailbox'. Finally, I figured out what the problem was. It was a conflict between the device E72 and network provider, O2, for my case.

I am in the uk and use monthly contract of O2 sim card. The O2 network provides three kinds of data package: O2 Active, O2 Mobile network, and O2 Pay&Go. When I create mailbox or use Maps GPS, it access to the internet via O2 Par&Go by default, no matter how I set the priority of the connection destination. But when I changed the access point to O2 Active or O2 Mobile Network, the mailbox was able to be created and Maps app was able to recevie GPS data.

So here is my solution.

1) Hardset the device. Remember to backup all the data beforehand.

The method is to press Shift+Space+Backspace together with the power button when the device is powered off. Press until the device is restarted and the main screen, normally it should be Nokia's two hands joined together image, is seen.

2) Go to menu --> Ctrl. panel --> Settings --> Connection --> Destinations

There, you will find all the access points.

3) Go to Internet

Hopefully you will have the same options as I do, O2 Active, O2 Mobile Web, and O2 Pay&Go

Scroll to O2 Pay&go, click options, choose 'delete' to delete the O2 Pay&go option. (Don't worry to delete it, as the internet can be access to via the other two options without any problem.)

4) Go back to Destinations, do the same to Multimedia msg, WAP services, and Intranet.

Delete any O2 Pay&go options for these category.

===========================================================

Then, your phone should be ready to set up mailbox and to use gps without any problem. That was what happened to my Nokia E72.

Good luck!

Now, I feel my E72 is so powerful after the push mail and GPS function is recovered. But still, I am not satisfied with Nokia's service and will definitely not try any other of its products. Nokia has lost my loyalty and I believe I am not the only one.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nvd707

piz anyone tell me about this problem i have tried all method but failed 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ERASSYWAP

i also had the same problem..try going to control panel>settings>connection>destination and then move the internet access point to the 'internet folder'.....
Worked for me,hope it will be helpfull..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Hormuud

I have same broblem and i can't accesse my Nokia C2-01 and update my account data service and send massege and resive
Please use plain text.