Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E72 - cannot create full backup of contact

tuanvn
Accepted Solution

Nokia E72 - cannot create full backup of contact

I want to backup my contact, there are 619 entries

- Mark all entries of contact

- Create a backup from phone memory to memory card

- It can only copy 45 entries, the rest was not copied

Please help me to create a full backup of my contact.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Nokia E72 - cannot create full backup of contact

Well, I'm not sure of E72 settings (Doesnt have one), but you can sync your contacts with Ovi Suite and you'll have all of them on your PC.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
tuanvn

Thank you

With Ovi suite, I backed my contact on the computer

Tuan

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Alternatively, you can do a backup to the memory card (as opposed to copying the contacts to the memory card, which is what you were doing).

Menu > Office > File mgr.

Options > Back up phone memory

All your contacts, messages and other user information and files will be backed up to an archive on the memory card, which can be restored at a later date if need be.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
uvf1

where can i find the backup file on my memory card. which folder?

is there a FM fix out there to address the copy function of contacts to the memory card

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The copy function copies to the SIM not to the memory card. Naturally your SIM only has very limited capacity. So there is nothing to fix.
To do a backup you need to use the backup to memory card function or synchronise your phone with your PC.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Alternatively, you can try http://www.bloove.com , web based contact and sms backup.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kych

Dear Sir,

How can one save the contacts directly to the memory card?

Kevin

Please use plain text.