Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Messaging Password Retrieval not working

Contributor

Re: Nokia Messaging Password Retrieval not working

Davis, your offer to help out deleting the account is great, but from what I can see there are many people with the same problem. Any perspective to have the automatic email password reset problem fixed so that we don't have to bother you any more?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

agree....!
Please use plain text.

Hi Davis, a few weeks ago I downloaded the Nokia Messaging from my phones download section. Last night it asked for a password? I dont remember it ever asking me to setup a password. I've try the normal passwords I use anyway and none work. I tried to reset my password but its asking for secuirty question, again I dont remember being asked for this and again I tried all the secuirty answers I normally give. Can you help me or reset my password. Thx

Gary.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Ive Im mine aswell. Thanks in advance
Please use plain text.

Any news on this?  Email's pretty much the only reason I even bother with a data plan on my phone, and this is the best app I've found for it.  Save me from having to rely on a desktop!  Heh.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

It says the problem is solved but no it isn't solved. I cannot retreiev my password or I cannot reach my account settings. What kind of a system is this? I am paying my bill for internet connection but because of this problem i cannot connect my email from my phone. Someone pleaseeee fix it!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

PS: Nokia messaging internet site is reaaly very vad. What ever u try to do u get the message "Connection problem" and it drives me crazy!!!
Please use plain text.

davisfields wrote:

For everyone's reference, your Nokia Messaging password is the same password of the email account you signed up for Nokia Messaging with. I.E. - if I sign up with Gmail and type in my password, that's my password for Nokia Messaging.

Private message me your password and I'll delete your account so you can sign up again. 

Dear Davis,

I am having the same problem as well. i already put in the password of my google email which i use @ my first time i log in but still can not work. could u help me ?

Rgds,

Mansur

Malaysia; MY

Please use plain text.

davisfields wrote:

For everyone's reference, your Nokia Messaging password is the same password of the email account you signed up for Nokia Messaging with. I.E. - if I sign up with Gmail and type in my password, that's my password for Nokia Messaging.

Private message me your password and I'll delete your account so you can sign up again. 

Hello Davis,

I sent you my account data, waiting for a reset

Thanks in advance

Edoardo

Please use plain text.

this is the second time we get into this problem and unfortunatly Nokia seems very slow to respond as previously happened ... perhaps the only way is to open several threads about this problem to get Nokia's support team attention.

Please use plain text.

I've got this problem too.

I've sent an IM to Davis and am still waiting. This is kind of error that is really annoying.

Any sign of a fix?

Can someone fix my accoun?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I also have the same problem. I am wasting subscription and I can't check me email. **bleep**!
Please use plain text.

I've sent my address as well because I have same problem.

Is it a bug?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Sent my address as well....

cheers

Jon

Please use plain text.

I have the same prob and have sent out my detail to Davis

Such a pain for this issue to happen

The weird thing is when i tried to retrieve password - it asked for a secret answer

and the question asked was "Secret question" **bleep**? what was the question? i have never put in secret question - and how am i going to answer if the question is secret?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I'm not even getting that far as it claims I either do not have an account or my session has expired so i need to log in (!) :smileywink:

cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
Contributor

It looks likes this thread has been marked as 'solved' as they want to use a different thread to track this located here.

So not quite 'solved' then :smileywink:

cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
Employee

It's 'solved' in that we're tracking it one place as opposed to five or six different threads. Thanks.
Please use plain text.

hello

since a few moments ago i tried to use my nokia messaging, when, when starting the application an "credentials expired error appeared". And since them an access password is being requested, but apparently my password is not working anymore. neither on the website via normal pc (at nokia messaging website) neither on the phone. I have tried to reset my passsword on the nokia messaging web site, but an error appears stating that at the moment it is not possible to process my request, and saying me to try again later.

Can you please support me on this?

Please use plain text.

Dear davis

Unfortunately my nokia messaging stoped working. when starting it a credentials error appeared and since then a password is being requested but my password doesn't work. neither at the website (via pc) nor at the mobile.

and when trying to reset the password at the website it appears a message saying that at this moment it is not possible to respond to my request and telling me that i should try later.

can you please help me?

thank you so much

Please use plain text.