Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Messaging and E71 offline mode

Sage

Nokia Messaging and E71 offline mode

Hi,

At night my phone is in 'offline' mode (so called flightmode). However i noticed that Nokia Messaging does not always come Online when i put the phone back in 'General' mode . Sometimes i have to put Messaging offline and then online again to make it work. 

Please fix :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)

Re: Nokia Messaging and E71 offline mode

Hello box30,

I cannot reproduce your issue with my E71 and Nokia Messaging client.  Every time I put my phone in Offline mode, and then back into Normal mode, my Nokia Messaging client comes back online and begins synchronizing email automatically.  Am I doing something different than you?

Please use plain text.
Sage

No ..you are doing the right thing there.

Strange. Maybe it only occurs after a long time 'offline' (i have it offline at night). 

But i recently updated to the newest version of the client (was running one version earlier). Maybe it's fixed already. I'll keep it under investigation .

Please use plain text.

Hi Jeremiahn

The issue that I'm having on my E71 is that the email from Inbox are automatically deleted by the phone and I set it up in always ask. The email is manually configured with POP and SMTP and is my private email.

Do you know if is an bug or I am doing somethig wrong because I cannot find an answer

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor

but I have the same issue, where nokia email remains in offline mode.. and you can't move it out of the 'offline mode' connection status.

This primarily happens to me when I turn nokia messaging on my phone to offline, or I hold the red hangup key and terminate a connection (3g or other) while it's syncing... 

It has happened to me a few times, and normally going in and out of offline mode, and online mode will get it there.

Manual sync works everytime...

When you go to view the connection info it always says teh conneciton status is: offline mode when I have this issue.. painful.

Cheers

Matt

Please use plain text.