Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Messaging problem

Advisor

Nokia Messaging problem

When I first got my E71x, I installed Nokia Messaging and it worked fine. Because of some other problems, I had to reset/wipe my phone. When I re-installed the Nokia Messaging application, it took me into a different e-mail setup screen and set up an e-mail box inside my messaging program. Whe I click on the "@" icon to launch Nokia Email, nothing happens.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)

Wayne87,

In order to resolve this issue, you will need to log into your Nokia Messaging account at http://email.nokia.com and send yourself an SMS install message.  This SMS will provision your device and then you will then be able log in and resume using the Nokia Messaging service.

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Please use plain text.
Advisor

That's exactly what I did. What I described happened after I re-installed via SMS.
Please use plain text.

You have to do it twice.  The first SMS will install the Nokia Messaging application, and the second one will provision the device for the service.

-Jeremiah 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I never had to send it twice when I installed it before. Now when I try to send the SMS again, I get a message saying I've reached the SMS sending limit.
Please use plain text.

Nokia Messaging will not work on your device until you successfully receive that provisioning SMS.  However, now that you've reached the SMS limit, you'll either need to wait 24 hours for the lock to expire, or you can delete/recreate your Nokia Messaging account on http://email.nokia.com, and that will remove the lock as well.

-Jeremiah

Please use plain text.
Advisor

OK, I'll give that a try.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

That worked. Thanks for your persistence. I didn't think that I sent it twice before to make it work. Why don't the instructions on the website say to send the SMS twice?
Please use plain text.

This was happening because you are in a country that has not officially launched the Nokia Messaging service.  Users who are in a country where Nokia Messaging has been officially launched do not have to go through this process, and only have to send the SMS once.

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi. I just had to do a hard reset on my phone because of the Memory Full problem, and now when i try to send the sms to my phone, it never comes. all other text messages come. I tried to send it 5 times in a row with no luck. I even canceled and signed up for nokia messaging again and still did not work. I have an E71 unlocked on AT&T network in the US.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Omid

Please use plain text.