Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Suite install constantly failing (Windows XP...

Advisor

Nokia Suite install constantly failing (Windows XP S3+)

I have spent over 12 hours today trying to get Nokia Suite to work on my Windows XP. (All updates for XP installed). I have downloaded, "installed", "repaired", de-installed, and re-started my PC nearly a dozen times. - I have already followed the instructions in a thread from February, which involved copying, pasting, saving and installing two CA certificated from http://www.verisign.com/. - I have already followed the instructions in that same thread about uninstalling Nokia Suite, Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and PC connectivity Solution then restarting the PC and downloading Nokia Suite 3.3.86 (again and again and again...) Every time I go through this tedious and frustrating routine, double-click the .exe file (again), it appears to install correctly. But 15 seconds after the start screen (the big blue blob which turns into a "C") appears, the same ominous message pops up - Nokia Suite needs to be repaired. OK, so repair it ! The repair completes and - 15 seconds after it restarts itself - I get the "needs to be repaired" message again. So off we go again. This is extremely frustrating and time consuming. The download (nearly 90 Mb) takes 20 minutes or more (depending on whether my husband is also online on his laptop), the installation takes another 10 minutes or so, restarting my PC another 10 minutes or so, the repair another 10 minutes - and all that 17 times. I am going to try a slightly earlier version which I just downloaded from oldapps.com (god bless 'em) and see whether that will work. But if anyone has any more ideas how to get the damn thing working I would be extremely grateful.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia Suite install constantly failing (Windows XP S3+)

You may try the latest Beta version from here ... Need to log-in using the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum; to download the Installer ...

Please use plain text.