Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia sync problems. E7.

Sage
Doctor9fan
Accepted Solution

Nokia sync problems. E7.

[ Edited ]

I received the notification concerning the joining of Ovi sync with Nokia mail contacts so I signed up & tried synching my phone contacts with my Nokia email account, the problem is whenever I sync the contacts using the phone they don't update, all that happens is that the contacts are redownloaded on the phone & the original contacts on the phone are deleted (as they end up in the deleted contacts folder online) It seems you cannot change details nor add photos to contacts with the new Nokia sync/Nokia contacts as they are just returned to the original state when synched or, in the case of updated contacts, I get two entries, the original & the updated version or the entry is returned to the original version & isn't updated. I've had to forgo the ovi/nokia sync on the phone & use Nokia suite to backup my contacts. I prefered the old sync which worked fine.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

Update: I think I've fixed the problem, I unsubscribed from Nokia sync then resubscribed, have successfully synched several times with no loss of entries & any changes to details aren't lost on resynching. Will see what happens.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

Unfortunately problem has returned after an automatic sync, I tried the unsubscribe again but this time the problem remained. I am going to see whether this problem also affects notes & calendar entries too as I have made no changes to those yet.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tarounen

hi, I wanted to know if you have successfully fixed the problem. i think i am getting the same problem. yesterday i got p problem with my E7-00 and had to hard reset if. I lost all my data, i have send my contact from nokia suite to my phone and since it was an old back i had to delete some contacts from it from the phone. However my problem is that every time the "Nokia Sync" in restoring the deleted contacts. is there any way the set the actual phonebook on the phone to the back of the "Nokia Sync"

thanks

Tarou
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

Tarounen wrote:

hi, I wanted to know if you have successfully fixed the problem. i think i am getting the same problem. yesterday i got p problem with my E7-00 and had to hard reset if. I lost all my data, i have send my contact from nokia suite to my phone and since it was an old back i had to delete some contacts from it from the phone. However my problem is that every time the "Nokia Sync" in restoring the deleted contacts. is there any way the set the actual phonebook on the phone to the back of the "Nokia Sync"

thanks

No I still have major problems syncing, the first sync is fine but further syncs just mess everything up; I lose any photo I've assigned to a contact I also find any changes I've made to a contact are not being updated on Nokia sync as I get the original back on the phone which makes it useless. It also doesn't handle symbols like '&' very well & I have to write 'and' instead otherwise anything before the & is missing.

I do have a theory though, as Nokia sync is now connected to Yahoo's address book (as Nokia mail is provided by Yahoo now) I suspect that that platform isn't designed to work the way Ovi sync did but to just be used to download the contact list to the phone & to make changes you have to visit Nokia mail, Yahoo's help refers to this being the case with a different phone manufacturer so I can easily see this being the problem with my E7 & other phones. I've contacted support again to try & get any update on this & even offered to show screenshots of the problem but had no reply. I have heard (I'm sure on this forum) that Nokia have dropped Nokia sync though.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Thanks for your feedback. We are investigating the issue and will let you know when we have a solution or workaround which will solve the issues.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mandishmaharjan

after a software update on my nokia e 7 i have a network problem. Its ok in the valley but when i go to the rural place it shows full tower but i cant make any call and no any incoming calls. But still i can send or receive messages.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

I assume you could connect in those places before the update so perhaps a setting has been changed, I'd suggest you look to see if your network is listed in first place. Afaik the bars are no indication of network quality or signal strength, even though that's what it's assumed to be for.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.