History of problem:
1) My E51 was stolen
2) I then bought a new E51, inserted my replacement SIM and all worked fine
3) I then restored one of my previous backups (using Nokia PC Suite) on to the new E51
4) The phone now will not start. It says "Phone Start-up failed. Contact the retailer"
5) I can't get Nokia PC Suite to recognise the device now and so can't do anything.
Solved! Go to Solution.
try code number 2 and see if it works. perhaps restore has your old phone imei imbedded somewhere and hence does not want to work i dont know. if this does not work take it to nokia care for assistance. the default is always 12345 and remove the memory card if doing formats and such.
1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list.
2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone
3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is dead proceed with reflash if not, turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
re-flash - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons
If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service.
Does these option apply on the latest devices? I upgrade to Symbian Anna and works for some few hours and gave that error. Someone help.....
If i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.
Turn off your phone
Press and hold down the Call (green), End (red) and Camera keys.
Turn on the phone without releasing them. Leave these three keys only when you reach the Region selection screen.
If phone then still gives same message, you will have to take it to a local Nokia Care Point.
Can you help me with my nokia C7?
I was installing some software and suddenly it said phone start up failed. Contact retailer.
What can I do?
Although ALL user data would be deleted have you tried keeping "Volume Down + Camera Key + Menu Key" depressed and power on, releasing power button only after first vibration until Nokia "Shaking hands" logo appears?
Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5
This is an Anna related problem.
There are bad blocks in flash memory of the phone and they start causing trouble after Anna update. You need to take the phone to the Nokia care point who will reflash the phone in a way it will mark the bad blocks as unusable and be ok after that. Works pretty much like hard disk format.
You can hard reset your device by entering *#7370# to your keypad. Remeber to BACK UP your device before doing so as this will wipe all data on the device. If prompted for a passcode, by default it is 12345.
Hope this helps,
Thank you. My E63 was bricked by a PC Suite ROM upgrade, I paid for it to be re-flashed, then it was bricked again when i tried to restore my data - option 3 fixed it for me - I won't bother restoring my data again