Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Printer Settings for E5

hassani

Printer Settings for E5

Hello all.

I'm a new member.

Recently I bought a E5. I tried almost all of it's abilities and was successful but I couldn't send a file to the printer.

I'm using my office's WLAN and my settings for printer are as below:

Printer name:      Printer1

Driver:                   General

Bearer:                  LPR

Access point:       "name of WLAN"

Host:                      " IP Address of computer that printer is connected to it"

User:                      "The name of computer that printer is connected to it"

Queue                     hp laserjet 1010  (the name of printer)

Orientation:            Portrait

Paper Size:            A4

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Best regards

Hssan

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: Printer Settings for E5

[ Edited ]

You'll need an accesspoint name and a WLAN printer IP.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Dookhan_UK

Goodday, I am using a Nokia E5-00 and I need urgent help on setting up my HP Photosmart D110a Printer on my phone.

They request the following settings:

Printer: HP Photosmart D110a

Driver: 1. General or 2. HP Mobile Printing [WHICH TO CHOOSE]

Bearer: 1. Socket/HP Jet Direct 2. Bluetooth, 3. LPR, 4. File [WHICH TO CHOOSE & HOW TO FILL OUT THE REQUESTED FIELDS?]

Orientation: Portrait

Paper Size: 4*6 [I want to use my E5 to send photos from my phone to my printer to be printed only]

Quality Mode: Normal

Media Type: Photo

Color Mode: Color

Printer Model: PhotoSmart Printers

I would like everything to be wireless. My printer has been setup via wireless using my router.

Please advise me on what options should I select and what information should I enter and how do I get this information. Please help!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Clive123

I have an HP Officejet 7500 E910 printer and are experiencing difficulties getting my E5 phone recognizing it. It finds my router but, will not find the printer.

Any ideas what settings I should use???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Clive123

Is there any energy saving feature enabled upon your printer at idle, as use HP Color LaserJet with E72 a similar S60 3rd FP2 device and output from handset won't wake it up if in "Power saver mode"!

Here are settings that I use:-

As a postscript to earlier post concerning using HP Color Laserjet CP1515 with E72:

Printer = HP Color (Whatever you want)

Driver = HP Mobile printing

Bearer = Socket/HP Jet Direct

Access point  = WLAN

Host = Assigned printer IP address

Port = 9100

Orientation = Portrait

Paper Size = A4

Quality Mode = Normal

Media Type = Plain

Colour mode = Colour

Printer Model = Colour Laserjet

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Clive123

Thanks for that. I am able print text messages but, not photos from the gallery. When you try to print it says the default printer is the memory card. Going into setting I select WLAN printer. It then attempts to search for the printer but is not successful! Any ideas?

Please use plain text.