Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem with Nokia E90 qwerty keyboard

Problem with Nokia E70 qwerty keyboard

Hello,
I have e70 for some time now, and I have noticed something bad is going on. When I open the full keyboard and using some programs like wireless IRC, or just the intergrated web browser, when I type, the left side of the keyboard locks (or something) and repeats one key. When I close the full keyboard, the normal (number) keyboard doesnt work, but I can see that the light in the qwerty keyboard's left side is still on. Then you have to restart your phone, sometime it doesnt ever boot, it justs keeps restarting. Only taking the battery out and in helps to boot it. Anyone has the same problem?
Anyway I love this phone, but this issue makes the qwerty keyboard almost unusable, because it locks randomly or it seems like it.

P.S. sorry for my English.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Problem with Nokia E70 qwerty keyboard

Having the same issue with my azerty (French) keyboard
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

And with my UK E70. Sometimes just powering off and on fixes it, other times I have to remove the battery.
Please use plain text.

Problem with Nokia E90 qwerty keyboard

Hello, I have a problem with my E90, as its keyboard is QWERTY but when I use it it is AZERTY, is there a solution to this as I check all the manual and I could not found any thing related to it.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Please use plain text.

Re: Problem with Nokia E90 qwerty keyboard

Same problem for me. QWERTY hardware and azerty software after install Nokia Software Update.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Please use plain text.

Hi I'm so glad i'm not the only one.

This problem has caused me a lot of frustration and money.
After numerous repair shops who couldn't help me I took the phone to a Nokia service centre and they fixed the problem (just by flashing the phone) they charged me 50 euro's for this service. It has worked for 6 months.
Now al of a suddden the problem reapeared ity seems to have " lost" my front side keyboard and the inside (or left keyboard if flipped open" thinks its the only keyboard. Very frustrating PLEASE HELP.

Without this problem its the best phone I ever owned I even sold my Iphone and went back to using the combination E7 Asus EEE.

Is there anyone from Nokia Finland / headquarters who can pick up this problem and help us PLEASE?

Tom van der Meer, Holland
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mavios

I have the same problem, the numeric pad is not working at all including the dial button while my QWERTY keyboard is working as a numeric pad and only on right side of the keyboard while the left side is dead. just happened suddenly. I think I'm going to update the phone to see if this one will fix the phone. Please if you know any other solution to this on?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mavios

OK... even updating phone software didn't do any good. it seems to me the left foldable part of the phone stopped working because even the back light is not working.. and it happened suddenly. while the right part is working like a numeric pad. I think I will try to take it to the service center
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had exactly the same problem. Also tried re-installing the software as other authors did. It could be pure co-incidence and this may not be a solution but following worked for me. I cannot verify this for others as I cannot re-create the problem. Here we go.. Remove the battery, remove the sim card, with battery removed, short circuit the 3 pins in the phone with a piece of wire or a metal spoon. Put the sim card back; insert the battery and Voila it should work. Let me know if this works for you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arabianights

i had the same problem, backlight and front face keypad don't work, tried above method, didn't help :smileysad:
Please use plain text.