Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem with installing Microsoft Apps on Noki...

Advisor
SiavashTechDaD

Problem with installing Microsoft Apps on Nokia e7

[ Edited ]

Hey Guys

I have a nokia E7 with Belle update , previously I had the Microsoft apps installed on my phone and for some reasons I had to do a full format and restore of my phone. My phone restore was only SMS and contacts.

Then I tried installing the Microsoft apps again and after the installer file downloads , it ask me if it can download a 21 MB file , so I press yes and then it says " the connection was lost , canceling the installation "

I am sure my network connections are OK, all the other applications download and install perfectly and I have tried it over 3G and Wifi. To be sure I did factory reset and it did not work.

even when it creates an icon for smart installer , the same thing happens.

I have tried anything it reached my mind and did not work, do you guys have anything else that might work?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Problem with installing Microsoft Apps on Nokia e7

@SiavashTechDad

When you say full format did you mean *#7370# or three key depressed power on "hard reset" as the latter can remove some essential files, which re-installing existing device software with Nokia Suite > Tools > Software updates won't correct? It can mean visit to Nokia Care facility for software to be completely re-installed to return device to "Out of box" state.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
SiavashTechDaD

to be more detailed , I have to say I did the hard reset with  *#7370# , and before that I had formatted the mass memory as well, so after all that  the phone was just like the first day I got it.

I check if update can fix it , but the update from phone or PC Ovi suite does not show any updates for Microsoft apps .

Even I did a reinstall of the firmware via PC with ovi suite update , and it did not work eighter. 

I remember when I got the phone the Microsoft app was not installed and I downloaded it via the store application on the phone. But now it does not work.

Is there any where I could download the complete application package and install them manually ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

SiavashTechDaD wrote:

I have to say I did the hard reset with  *#7370# , and before that I had formatted the mass memory as well, so after all that  the phone was just like the first day I got it.

Have a horrid feeling that your formatting mass memory has achieved same result as "hard reset" especially if you can't access Nokia Store upon device. Nokia Care facility can re-install software completely including eMMC content which truly returns device to "Out of box" state.

Have you tried "Googling" for "Microsoft Apps 2.01 (5616)"?

You will need to install Pixi enablers first, if I remember it correctly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
SiavashTechDaD

Thank you very much

i think i have to add that the nokia ovi store is working perfectly and all the other applications download and install perfectly , this problem is only for Microsoft apps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@SiavashTechDad

Thanks for clearing up any confusion and my comment regarding "Googling" for "Microsoft Apps 2.01 (5616)" remains. I refuse to upgrade my E7-00 from Symbian Anna so can't experiment further with this issue unfortunately.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
SiavashTechDaD

i downloaded and installed the Pixi , but when i want to install the microsoft app i get the error " the sis is not supported"

Please use plain text.
Advisor
SiavashTechDaD

Finally 

i managed to download the files for Micrososft apps directly and installed them on my phone and now everything is functional.

thanks for the helps

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
greenlinus

SiavashTechDaD wrote:

Finally 

i managed to download the files for Micrososft apps directly and installed them on my phone and now everything is functional.

thanks for the helps

from where exactly? I've the same problem

Please use plain text.