Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems after Symbian Anna update on Nokia E7

vaidyapm

Main Nokia Center was following for marketing their Symbian Anna, when I happen to mention my issues. They looked into the matter and finally after submission of cell to NCC, they have reached to new conclusion, that they will replace the Motherboard. Surprisingly, they have arrived to conclusion at second shot. More so I am doubtful, whether they will really do it, becos for me I wonder in what way can I confirm that MB is changed.
Please use plain text.
vaidyapm

Finally after a one month in NCC, my cell was returned to me with Motherboard changed. They have advised me, not to upgrade to Symbian Anna. Lets see if the problem is resolved or not. As per Nokia Finland, calls are reported of the sensor quality issues of many E7 customer, to which they directly change the Motherboard.

@Kenaxle : Please take this matter with your local NCC and try to convince them to change the motherboard.

Please use plain text.
daddyex12

well we got an E7 and after th anna update now th phone it's not working... before th update th phone started to act weird th phone didnt recognize th charge cable but at least it charged it a little, and th battery didnt last much, and after th update to anna it's not recognizing it at all.... and we called nokia for support and they made us do a reset, and now it's worse th battery is dead and th phone does not recognize at all th cable and i cant turn it on cos there is no charge.... what do i do....???????????????????????? is it th software, the cable or th phone itself?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mallikssol

Switch on WiFi, Open the Google Maps application. Now, Google maps app works well. :smileyhappy:

Note: Wifi need not to connect to any n/w.  Even you can off your WiFi. 

Hope this helps you Guys. :smileyhappy: njoy.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dorudalin

Any news regarding colouring the icons? Or 2 or 3 items on a tab?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eqeus

Another problem:

When I use on screen keyboard (qwerty or numerical) the phone locks, when I open off screen qwerty, the phone unlocks.

After turning the phone off/on I can use the on screen keyboard 2-3 times and then it is locked again.

Apparently I can use the numerical on screen keyboard in "dial".

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ktt_

Hello,

unfortunately this problem still exists, with exactly same symptoms and trace. I just created a message to Google support forum to request, whether someone there could help.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ktt_

Hi,

this corrects only the another problem, but not Google Maps related problem. Did you get also that solved?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Hasan_India

Hi KKT, I am fully working E7 after the Qt updates. Google maps works like breeze and I am using it almost everyday
Regards, Hasan ---- Nokia Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ktt_

Good for you, bad for me :smileysad:

Google maps problem did not get corrected in my E7 by this Qt update, even though I re-installed the Google maps, and before re-installing, removed all Google related files from resources/apps -directory and rebooted the device.

Here is the crash dump from Google maps version 4.0.0:

GoogleMaps
Excptn-TExcType 12
Stack trace:
's60landmarkstore.cpp'::CopyLandmarkToFavorite
S60LandmarksStore::NewFavoriteFromLandmark
S60NameOrderedLandmarksIterator::UpdateItem
S60NameOrderedLandmarksIterator::Next
S60NameOrderedLandmarksIterator::smileyfrustrated:60NameOrderedLandmarksIterator
S60LandmarksStore::NewIteratorNameOrdered
'stardatastorage.cpp'::ImportFavoritesForStarring
StarringController::CreateStorage
StarringController::smileyfrustrated:tarringController
Application::Init
SymbianFramework::smileyfrustrated:tartApplication
CGoogleNavSymbianAppUi::ConstructL

Please use plain text.
vickyrgh123

Dear sir , I want to know why handset slow after symbian anna update why saying nokia & why anna for this handset.

Please use plain text.
MrDontCare

Re: Problems after Symbian Anna update on Nokia E7 restarting many times

Have the same problem on my E7 to in dualmode.

Please use plain text.
rajeevjsr9

How can update E7 to windows
Please use plain text.
Sage
seppuku

You can't. Not possible due to different hardware platform.

Since 1610
Please use plain text.