Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with E75 firmware 201.12.01

Contributor

Tomorrow my phone has been with Nokia Care center for 4 weeks. Thank god I had other phone for reserve. Next week I will make a big business trip and I need my phone.
Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

hi LAITOS,

Firstly thank u for giving all these instructions and advises on E75 and other phone models.

I was trying to install flipsilent to my E75, but the phone says its incompatible any way to install. But i halted up the installation.

Is it ok even I install it irrespective of any warnings ?,

can u answer please.

Chandana99

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi there,

New to Nokia after several years with Sony Ericsson. really happy with my E75, however after the firmware update, I cant get Exchange to work?? Does anybody know a trick or can help me?

I can go in to the normal e-mail setup but it doesnt give me the domain name etc,etc

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi laitos,

i reset the phone to factory settings.

Even then i am not able to connect to GPS.

Please help

Thanks

D

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

hi Laitos,

Good morning here in Sri lanka

As I've already mentioned in several replies, after update to firmware 110.48.125 My phone does not have any major problems except missing sensors and working well, but yesterday, while I was trying to dial a number it got stuck and automatically retriev back to normal, this has happen several times even when I was trying to get a picture and again there is an incomming call and got stuck and restarted automatically.

So later I have set the phone to the factory settings for the first time after I brought the machine.

So far no problem, as I checked all troublesome functions like GPS,Internet,Video calling etc etc working well.

For your information please.

Chandana

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

hi Laitos,

Good morning here in Sri lanka

As I've already mentioned in several replies, after update to firmware 110.48.125 My phone does not have any major problems except missing sensors and working well, but yesterday, while I was trying to dial a number it got stuck and automatically retriev back to normal, this has happen several times even when I was trying to get a picture and again there is an incomming call and got stuck and restarted automatically.

So later I have set the phone to the factory settings for the first time after I brought the machine.

So far no problem, as I checked all troublesome functions like GPS,Internet,Video calling etc etc working well.

For your information please.

Chandana

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi everyone,

And sorry, I was on a trip for a couple of days and didn't have time to check your comments. So let's see if I am able to answer to all of your questions:

1) Sensor settings: These were intentionally removed in 110.48.125 SW, but that's all I can say (sorry).

2) Installing "incompatible" apps... Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. No harm should be done if you install the app and disregard the popup and then see if the application works. And with "3rd party" apps (not made by Nokia) you should always contact the application vendor as they can do necessary changes to the SW. 

And now I'll have to run to a meeting, so i'll continue this list later today / tomorrow. Depends on how much time I have.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Problems with E75 firmware 200.12.51

I bought E75 on december 7th.. every time am gettin problems wit ma messaging.. i cant open the messages.. wen i format the memory card it is gettin ok.. after sometime it is showing the same problem.. now the phone is totally hanged.. pls help me
Please use plain text.

GPS does not work since I upgrade to 202.12.01 nokia E75

I can not downgrade my divice 

What shuld I do?

Please use plain text.

GPS does not work since I upgrade to 202.12.01 nokia E75

I can not downgrade my device 

What should I do?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi all,

I decided to enter the discussion because of my own problems with E75 with latest SW. I've got 2 main problems which really **bleep** me off:

1) GPS - gps apps aren't working, there is no satellite status option in preinstalled nokia applications. Saying it simple - I can't use my GPS (sic!)

2) battery life is now (after SW update) about 50% shorter than it was earlier (!)

Guys from Nokia, (sorry, but I can't hold my nerves) **bleep**??

Wake up or just help me and other guys with our problems or maybe tell us somebody how to downgrade this sh*&* SW.

It was a pleasure to use E75, now it's some kind of nightmare...

Please, help!

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi again,

I know that the thread is long, but I'd still recommend for all of you to read the entire topic as there's some kind of answer for most of your questions already. And repeating same questions / answers will only make the thread longer and harder to follow.

Anyhow, let's continue. This is a bit modified copypaste from my previous post to this topic.

For GPS problems my recommendation is to create a backup of the phone with PC-suite and then resetting the phone to factory settings. If GPS still doesn't work, then the device should be checked at local service center so that e.g. a HW fault can be ruled out.

If GPS starts working, then restore the previously created backup, but uncheck "settings" during restore procedure. 

Resetting the phone to factory settings can be done by typing *#7370# in the home screen and then inputting the lock code (12345 by default). This will erase all user content (contacts, messages etc) from phone memory, so creating a backup prior to reset is mandatory / highly recommended.

And about battery life: It's impossible for me to say what is causing this, but you can help me if you e.g. give me information of do you e.g. use some email application, or have installed any third party applications etc. This way it's a lot easier for me to start tracing what is causing this kind of behaviour. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Laitos

What about my question about qwerty-input problems? (I asked it several days ago - see below)

=== 

Please advice: is there any chance to switch off that "keyboard accuracy improvement" in new 202 fw? When I type fast, the phone misses some characters. In 110 fw it was MUCH better without that feature.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Oh yeah, that's a good question: We introduced the new filtering system in 200 series SW release and unfortunately there's no option to disable this. I know that this filter causes some trouble especially with those users who are really fast in typing with the E75 keyboard.

So that's the bad news for some of you, the good news is that this feature will be improved in next SW release to find perfect balance between the filtering time and typing speed, but I can't unfortunately give you any better information of e.g. the schedule. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Laitos. when the new SW will be avalaible ?

Paul from Poland

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nagosy

Hi Laitos,

how I've reported several times in previous posts during this thread, the workaround to make GSP working (reset phone to factory settings) doesn't work for me (and also for other users who posted their experience).

However, this, for sure, is not a hardware problem because, as I said in previous posts, internal GPS works (also very well and is quite fast) but only once a third part navigation software is started on phone.

If I try to fix GPS satellites only using Nokia Maps or other Nokia tools installed by default on phone, I can wait also 1 hour without being able to see my position.

Moreover, once the third part navigation software is started (it's not necessary that GPS signal is fixed), magically also Nokia applications are able to fix quickly GPS signal.

What do you think about this behaviour?

p.s. I have activated the three months trial "drive license" for nokia maps 3.0 when the phone was working properly (1 month ago), but, since when I installed the new firmware (and GPS no more works), I was unable to use anymore this trial license...

Why the problems we are discovering on this firmware version are not mentioned on any Nokia commercial page (if I had bought Nokia Maps yearly license, at least 1/12 of this license - the past month of broken GPS - was unusable for me...)?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

hi all

1. I do feel that now is the right time to stop all the unnecessary views of E 75. I think by now NOKIA definitly have realised the problems created with E75 Firmware upgrade.

We do hope that all theese problems will be addressed by NOKIA  very soon and make E 75 the best phone ever we had.

also we sincerely thank LAITOS for his views and advises about all these matters.

2. About the batteries I could say that If you have a genuine Battery and working with power save mode the life can be extended approx about 50%. I am experiencing it now. I have replaced the battery with brand new Noika Genuine Battery at a higher cost and my battery problem sloved. Now I use the phone as my earlier one (ie Nokia 5700) and charged only after 3 days.

3. Please Nokia. give a remedy for all these problems as early as possible.

Thanks lot

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Good day everybody and Laitos. My e75 was purchased week ago and I am very disappointed because of the following major and minor things: 1) during usual calling and at the time of my pronouncing any words, I hear echo of my voice in the earspeaker but in a manner of squeaking, it is MAJOR. 2) One pixel/dot on the screen is broken, it shows blue color everytime, it is MAJOR 3) It is great that E75 has ordinary and qwerty keypads, but in case of my English/Russian keypads (I am from Ukraine), I have no possibility to switch the language using a hardkey. I explain: in some applications when I fill up different fields, there is “Language Input” function available pressing up-and-left main key but in many other applications there are no any functions to choose (up-left key corresponds to the only function “Ok”). The key “#” switches between one preset language “abc” – “Abc” – “ABC” – “123”, but no availability to change the language as it was in 6300. So when I need to type words in different languages in one field (in our region it is used VERY FREQUENTLY), I have to change preset language through Main Menu, it is MAJOR. 4) The wonderful function is made in E75 regarding “Intelligent Search” function of contacts. But when I choose “create new SMS” and choose “add recipient”, I have the only choice of the Contact Book without inteligent search. Also no option to choose from lately chosen or lately called contacts, it is MINOR. 5) there is possibility to assign seldom used Application Manager (which is mainly used for application deletion) recall function to central keys, but no possibility to assign the frequently used Installed Application recall function to start an application, it is MINOR. Please, has anybody any ideas about these issues? P.S.1  sorry for my English.  P.S.2  my E75 symbian is up-to-date.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Alex_K: you can switch languages by pressing Shift+Chr on qwerty-keyboard.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Ok, let's begin. It's getting late here in Finland (7PM) and I'm planning to start my weekend in a couple of minutes.

Alex_K: about 1 and 2, take your device to a service center. At lest they can check & replace the display and see if there's a problem in the device which causes this kind of echo.About 3, check daadaa's answer from above. I didn't quite understand the question no. 5, so can you clarify a bit?  And about no. 4, the SMS app is separate application, so it doesn't use the same contact search engine as e.g. home screen. That is definitely a good point from usability point of view, so I'll once again talk about this with responsible persons.

nagosy: I must have missed the fact that you're using Maps 3 and I've been talking about Maps 2 as it is the version which is shipped with E75. So I'd suggest that you revert back to Maps 2 as it should work and wait for next version of Maps 3. I'll study this more on Monday when I get back to the office. And if you lost your navigation licence, please contact our contact center as they can help you in reactivation and I'm quite sure that they can provide you help in other questions related to the time when the licence was unusable. Unfortunately there's no possibility for me to create a support ticket for you, but if you get the ticket number, please send it to me via PM and I'll check how things proceed.

blueeyepl: As I wrote above your message, I can't release any information of the schedule for next SW release. 

And to everyone who's seeing this battery issue: Can you send me a PM with a list of installed applications and if you're e.g. using Nokia Messaging / Mail for Exchange / Other email accounts etc. 

Anyhow, have a nice weekend and thanks for your feedback so far! Your feedback (positive and negative) is highly valued.

Please use plain text.