Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with E75 firmware 201.12.01

Employee
laitos

Sorry guys, this is exactly why we won't release any official estimates of the SW release dates as there's always a possibility for surprises in SW creation schedules. And with this E75 release most of the delays have been related to new findings (from e.g. these forums) which have been checked and fixed to the release.

Anyhow, this one thing is still open and I'll keep you updated as soon as things are clear :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

i hope the bloated other files folder would be solved by this update. Is this "other files" problem peculiar to some devices? Am waiting for a fix.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

I got one sample backup of the other files problem yesterday and this has not been yet checked. However this is some thing which can't be fixed in the upcoming release, as it would mean at least 2-3 week delay to the release.

Anyhow, I'll check this backup with our SW engineers and see what's the content and we'll also test this with this upcoming SW release. Hopefully I'll have at least some kind of workaround in a couple of days. in other cases with which I have received the sample backup, the problem seems to disappear when a PC-suite backup is created => device is reset to factory settings => backup is restored. Unfortunately the "other files" were missing from those backup files, so I couldn't check what was the actual content.

And one more thing: I know that this kind of delays are frustrating to all of you and all I can say is that I'm really sorry :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jussit

[ Edited ]

I have found one another bug in E75 firmware 202.12.01. After powered on the phone if you press Menu + * to lock the keyboard, Menu view opens and the keyboard lock activates. If you unlock keyboard, go back to home screen and then lock the keyboard again Menu + *, the home screen remains open and keyboard lock activates. Every time after that same happens.So the unwanted Menu view opening happens only first time when you activate keyboard lock after turning the phone on. Not very critical bug, but annoying. Not a show stopper for next release either.

Please use plain text.
Dabamba

The issues with short battery time, seems to be an issue when the software update has been applied via 3G connection on the software update function on the phone itself. It seems that either the software update has failed or in some way conflicts with settings on the phone.

So far we seem to have solved it on the E75 phones we have had our hand on, by re-applying the software via PC, and then factory resetting the phone to get rid of any problematic settings.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Laitos

With due respect, what do you/NOKIA say about the time we have been loosing out of our warranty period?

The Customer Care Centers does not have anything to offer us for the bugs/problems we are facing. Since more than 4.5 months we are just waiting for the SW update. How can we recover the lost warranty period with no backup/support from NOKIA ?????

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

[ Edited ]

I forgot report this bug: When I arrange my icons of applications in the menu, and then connect phone with my PC in storage mode, after disconnecting all icons of applications installed on memory card are in default folder - "applications"

thx to laitos for informations but I think 5 months is too long for update... And I'm still waiting...

E75 (RM-412) fw: 211.12.01
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swix

Chuuut, no more bugs until release please, otherwise it will not ever ever happen :->

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swaroopdutta

Dear Laitos, I remember the exact date 8th December 2009 when i went to Nokia Care in Bangalore, India and upgraded to firmware 202.12.01. And my E75's warranty is going to expire next month in May.
Nokia 3530 -> E50 -> E75 -> E72 -> X6 + E71 -> N8-00
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

Warranty issues are a part of my job on global level, but individual claims fall out of my job scope. The reason is that all claims are handled by our local teams on case-by-case basis. My suggestion is to go to your local nokia.com website for contact details (Support => Contact us => Call or email Nokia Care) and call or email directly to your local Care number. They should be able to provide you details of how to proceed and if there's a problem or if they want some additional information or comments from our organization, they'll most probably contact me via our official reporting chain.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

haey laitos ↲its good to hear u and blv me fr last many days i am anxiously waiting fr ur email abt release, specialy snc easter, d only reason i bought e75 was its email handlng of isp, dat cd b cmpard to bb. bt it has really annoying and small mstakes in very architecture of email software, fr dat reason i cmplaind here, nd though i only use my e75 fr only my persnl email acnt, all odrs i had to buy bb. its been too long a delay fr sm simpl fix. these dvices r powerful dan mst bb bt they instead of gtng increasd intrnt cnctivity r gtng ls nd ls of it eg facebook integration. nd maps, hw cn ur company heads expect to capture a market segment wd such respnc?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Sorry I've tried but gave up.

Can someone please translate mudaser's text speak to English.

Thanks

Dave

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jurriaanvm

Laitos, when will you guys release the update?

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Argh, I'm embarassed to say that there's still no concrete schedule, but at least things are progressing.

Meanwhile we've been checking some things in private with a couple of users and in some cases a solution has been found:

/t5/Eseries-Devices-and/Problems-with-E75-firmware-201-12-01/m-p/668581#M65549

Solution: Microsoft Hotfix: 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923282

And now I'll once again try to get some kind of concrete estimate for the release => :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swix

Good Monday morning everyone... and another nice week of waiting :-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

Hmm I'm not sure if this day is good for me :smileysad: and firmware is nowhere... :smileysad:

but thx anyway

To laitos: any expectations?

E75 (RM-412) fw: 211.12.01
Please use plain text.
Advisor

In last two weeks new updates for N86, 5800, X6, E63, E66, E71, E72,..........

No news for E75 users from Nokia... it's really hard to accept, but E75 although not so old phone, is really placed aside by Nokia. And I'm not claiming updates just cause I like updates, but because update with improvements are necessary for E75.

Patience test...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jurriaanvm

Nokia doesn't care about its E75 users anymore.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swix

jurriaanvm wrote:

Nokia doesn't care about its E75 users anymore.

Reminds me the same story when I had my E70's  (which was the best E ever!) 

Please use plain text.

i'm really disappointed! Waiting new FW for couple od months now, and GPS still doesn't work which means the 3 month free trial of nokia maps are gone, and i didn't even tried it.. woohoo...

With support like this, My next phone defenitely won't be a nokia brand.. :smileymad:

Seems to be i have really just thrown away not so small amount of money, for phone that is more sucky than my old n81.. geez..

Please use plain text.