Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problems with E75 firmware 201.12.01

Contributor

Re: Problems with E75 firmware 201.12.01

I drop my phone yesterday to Nokia CarePoint. It was my luck that carepoint locates only 3 km away from my house. Then afternoon I got email from Nokia, where they asked to do same. They also said that I have to bring all the receipts to be sure that my warranty is still valid. That is funny, cos Nokia have been selling this phone less than one year. 

But in about 10 days I should get my phone back or they swap my phone to some phone which is working :-) 

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

Hi laitos

1. thanks for fast and quick reply, I will first take my phone to Nokia agent in Sri lanka verify and confirm what could I do. 

2. any way please let me know if I reverted back to factory settings as explained by u by myself do u think it would be ok, I mean rather will I be able do so by myself?

Chandana
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

If the phone is completely dead (doesn't boot up at all), then there's basically nothing a user can do. You can try to take out the battery for couple of hours and see if that helps. And of course you'll have to check that the battery is charged.

Otherwise a trip to the service point / center is needed. Our local call centers should be able to help you in locating the nearest service point.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The mail service from the last two updates have been a pathetic experience with me.

I have to refresh the mail box to get the any new mails. This is not a push mail service.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I too updated my firmware, big mistake.  Suddenly I was asked for codes I did not know, could not use the phone in any way, all my contacts were on the restricted list, a nightmare.  Not sure about the phone either as my previous phone was much better, also a Nokia.  Have really struggled with this supposedly all singing and dancing phone.  Orange my provider does not reconise it either which does not help.

However, I followed the instructions on how to get back to factory default and that has worked a treat, have lost latest messages but that is minor in comparison to what I had before, I am now back in business so thank you laitos. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

I've also upgraded to 201.12.01 after trying the e75 before and giving up..

The outlook Mail for Exchange client seems to be working (reason to try the upgrade..) but at some moments when you acccess a menu (eg inbox, sending an email, settings) the interface freezes for several minutes, or leaving emtpy screens etc. Also the busy indicator in the left corner suggest that that the phone keeps on connecting/lookging for data (I only selected to sync my e-mail not other outlook stuff..), searching contacts on the server also keeps "searching".. for minutes

I tested all via the wifi connection, I also have a nokian95 too wit a seperate mail for exchange client that works fine with identical settings. I guess some internal network checking in this application needs still some improvement. Or perhaps simply remove this piece from the firmware version - and allow to install another (good working) external mail for exchange client?

Please use plain text.

I have experienced the same type of problems. Syncing works for a period of time if only new mails arrive in you mailox. But deleting mail using your PC causes a complete deadlock.  Booting and reinitializing all syncronization is only (temporary)  solution to the problem.

PC Suite reminded of an outdated firmware version.  Following the instruction to upgrade to 201.12.01 was big mistake. No more pushmail!

Does anyone know, when Nokia comes out with a fix?  Or how to downgrade to a working piece of software?

Please use plain text.

Hi laitos.

In my case, the biggest problem is battery life, which reduced from 6 days to only 1 day.

I hope that will be solved on the next update.

Thank you

Emerson

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hello Laitos, 

Is there any Update regarding E75 New Firmware 201.12.01? I thought you said on this monday there will be new Update released. 

My phone keep restarting after 1 minutes since I upgrade to new version last week..I already did your 3 suggestion but the problem seems still occurred...And I already go to Nokia Care but after I restore everything (except setting as you recommend) no one there can explain 

So, can I continue use this E75 or simply just replace this phone with new one?

Many thanks

Dimas Jakarta

who is got headache his phone is went wrong

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Problems with E75

Similar issue after updating the firmware.  First time in my entire experience w Nokia that I regretted buying Nokia (upgrade from E61).  This E75 has been giving me hell!

Generally, the usability has been lost. Why making navigation for configuration and in fact most settings so difficult. Sometimes at Options at times at Settings...  Sometimes at control panel... I don't know. Of all things Nokia decided to copy Control Panel (to me it is a Windows' word and a curse!).

I was trying to update a changed WIFI network access  key after changing to 128bits WEP. To be disbelieve - I got System Error!   First time in my life with Nokia, which again System Error is almost a brand name exclusively associated with Window!  Why? Guys in Nokia, Why?  It is because that OVI couldnt emulate the success of iTune Store, u guys decided to try the Windows 'success' model - annoying the hell out of users?

With System Error, I have not been able to access internet with WiFi connection. I have tried  resort to restore factory setting but to no avail.  I had reinstalled the Firmware again, yet to no avail.  Ok, if anyone working with Nokia Technical Support - I have tried restarted the phone a number of times  and guess what - it doesn't work.

Please help me out here, anyone before I am deprived of my phone for god know how many Moons! 

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi everyone,

Sorry, we ran into a small problem with the new SW release. Nothing critical though, but due to christmas vacations we'll have to hold the publishing until next Monday. 

I'm sorry about this delay, but I want to wish you all Merry Christmas! 

Please use plain text.

Good evening,

I am a new member here. The reason why I am here is, that I have some major problems with my e75 after update via OTA.  Especially the WLAN connetion stops my phone everytime I try to use the browser. So I can olny take the battery out, put it back in and start again

Funny enough I got two E75 with the same product code: 0581755 Both are free mobil devices without any branding or lock.  One interesting point is, that I could make the update via OTA, but till today, the version 201.12.01 for my product code is not available via NSU?

One is half a year old and by whatever reason, I safed the old settings, befor I updated to 201.12.01. Now I do not have any problems, to use the browser.

The new one is maybe two weeks with me and the first thing I did I updated the software to 201.12.01 via OTA.

Now I have the mess with the WLAN and yet I do not get anyone, who can solve this.

Could you please confirm, that the latest update ( you expect for next week) will also solve the WLAN connection problems.

Thanks a lot for your help and a happy chrismas

Regards

BMNCT

Please use plain text.

Hello All,

Yesterday I received that Software Update is available, do you want to install? I select Yes phone software is successfully upgraded. WHen phone restart again I am shocked that I can not make calls, can not receive calls now,

SO problems known till now:

1. Getting message "Call Not allowed" when trying to make anu calls
  2. When someone try to call me, he will get that my phone is ringing, but there is nothing happening on phone so can not receive calls.
  3. In Control Panel > Settings > Connection> Destinations are not opening now so I can not view / edit my access poimts and wireless connection details.

Due to first two problems the phone is unusable now. I have tried to install same update again, but still same. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.

same things happen with me.. at first i upgraded to 201.12.01 OTA. finished update and phone still working normally (long press home button, ovistore, and facebook), but after i turn off my phone, when i turn it on again i can't get connected to the internet, and when i tried to change the access point, its just revert me back to previous menu. so i tried to use the #7370# to reset my phone to factory settings. and that's when the problem as stated gjpw started to happen to me.

hope they released updates to fix this soon..

Please use plain text.

I have one question left.

If the new software release is available next week, how do I get it?

The 201.12.01 was only available via OTA that I could do with my WLAN.

Now I have no WLAN connection due to software bugs, and when I check the NSU for my product code 0581755 the system still shows me 110. as the latest version and not 201.12.01. 

So I realy hope, that NOKIA is able to provide the latest software version via NSU also for my product code 0581755

Thanks again for your help

Kind regards

bmnct

Please use plain text.

My problem with the new firmware is while writing something with the QWERTY keyboard or the numpad, the phone often does not respond to a key press, so while typing I get messages that are missing characters or spaces. And it does it alot. Didn't have this problem before the update. I have tried hard resetting and the reset method mentioned here but to no avail. Also, I can't check for updates though the device manager because nothing happens when I select "Check for updates"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swaroopdutta

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I took my E75 to Nokia Care at Malleshwaram, Bangalore, during my visit there, and got it updated...  No Problems were there ... 

But I found some things were not updated as I had expected in the new firmware ...

When I call a Fax Number or a Landline number, it displays the proper symbol, but in Call Logs, all the symbols are indicated by Mobile Only... whether it is stored as Fax or a Mobile or a Landline .... whatever !!

Second, before updating, i had about 70 MB of free Phone Memory (after restoring to Factory Defaults), which is not about 50 MB ...

My memory card is giving me trouble ... many files (specially images, shot by me during my recent vacations), get disappeared randomly ... without any proper reason... I have Kaspersky Antiviurs installed ...

And I have a Battery Backup problem also ... dont know if the real problem lies with the Handset or Battery, i purchased a spare battery (BL-4U) for Rs.1,350/-  but it also has the same problem.  I have to recharge it almost TWICE DAILY.

More in my Next post ...

...Waiting anxiously for the Newer Update to be released ...
Message Edited by swaroopdutta on 25-Dec-2009 09:57 PM
Nokia 3530 -> E50 -> E75 -> E72 -> X6 + E71 -> N8-00
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Problems with E75 firmware 201.12.01

me either.... i can't running java script browser such as opera mini 5 beta 2, ebuddy, and also cannot open ovi maps, and the worst, i cannot make a call and there is no one can calling me.. this is terrible and horror
Please use plain text.

jainnaren wrote:

Hello All,

Yesterday I received that Software Update is available, do you want to install? I select Yes phone software is successfully upgraded. WHen phone restart again I am shocked that I can not make calls, can not receive calls now,

SO problems known till now:

1. Getting message "Call Not allowed" when trying to make anu calls
  2. When someone try to call me, he will get that my phone is ringing, but there is nothing happening on phone so can not receive calls.
  3. In Control Panel > Settings > Connection> Destinations are not opening now so I can not view / edit my access poimts and wireless connection details.

Due to first two problems the phone is unusable now. I have tried to install same update again, but still same. :smileysad:

All these problem solved after hard reset of my phone. So everything are ok now :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

hello,please note that after updating to this version  the satellite status option is no longer available, and the GPS is not working any more. 
Please use plain text.