Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with E75 firmware 210.12.15

Counsellor

iPhone is same story even they are selling it a lot. I know people having issue but they keep it anyway just because it look pretty. We have moved to HTC Desire and stuff just works. Of course, there are some issue if you google for it but as far as our HTC phones, everything is fine. We have been using Nokia for last 15 years but after this E75 stuff we simple moved on. I am watching this thread in order to see is this phone going to be fixed or not so we can sell them as "used in working condition" :-).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anttiah

Murpelo wrote:

Either something went wrong or this firmware update renders the phone unresponsive.

After upgrade I did reset the phone with *#7370# as recommended and restored it from a backup.

Display updates are slow; pressing any button causes display to go white for a while.

Oening a menu takes from a few seconds to 10-15 seconds.

Press home button to get "Open applications view" (and wait about a minute), you will see a bunch of jigsaw puzzle pieces showing processes as "alfredserver", "screensaver", "secure widget preinstaller", "fsmailserver"  etc.

*#0000# does not open info screen at all anymore, etc.

Did I just scrap my phone?

I've learnt the hard way that using backups is not good way to preserve settings when updating firmware or after  factory reset. Backup will save settings that can be messed up and when these settings are restored, they will restore the problems too, or make phone act weird.

Better way is to use old fashioned tools to save data. Contacts can be copied to memory card as a vcard files and memory card copied to computer. Calendar and notes can be synced with some 3rd party software. Sadly, preserving message archive is so complicated that it usually gets destroyed. But frankly, I rather lose my message archive than try to live with dangerous backups.

Help spreading the knowledge — If you find my answer useful, please mark your question as Solved by selecting Accept this solution from the Options menu. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

At first, a few words about Nokia customer support.

I think, Nokia is company which care about they customers.

Lots of problems are only individual, caused by owner of Nokia's phone, for example restoring settings after update, messing up memory, and phone, of course, sometimes just needs to be "cleaned up".

Ok, there are so many bugs in firmwares, but if you think that it is simple, go and buy some toy as iPhone. If there is a reported bug, Nokia tries to solve it in next firmware relases.

You can not say that Nokia has the worst customer support, because it is not true. There are things what can be improved, but in compare with another companies, I think Nokia is the best, but it can be also better. For example, HTCs with Android - if you want to keep your system up-to-date, you have to just buy new phone.

There are some strange "inexplicable" internal things, as the Ovi Maps 3,03 does not support E75, but this situation is same everywhere, for example Samsung phones with Symbian does not support HID. They haven't made application for HID support. Company just said that they don't consider about it.

Everything has mistakes. But, I like Symbian OS, and I think Nokia's phones with Symbian are the best, and this is reason why my next phone will be Nokia with Symbian^3 :smileyhappy:

In this post I also wanted to say, that my phone restarts again. Not so often, and i don't know why, and if I could help, I would do it. But it is when I'm using 3rd party applications which consumes lots of RAM, but there is always free about 20-40 MB, so I think Nokia should check system of "consuming" and "freeing" RAM, maybe it is because some processes just terminate themselves. If this will be solved, it will be very nice, because I use my phone so often mainly for browsing internet. This problem wasn't in firmware version 200.??? and I think this firmware was the best.

Sorry for my English but I'm sure you can understand.

E75 (RM-412) fw: 211.12.01
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

Bug: when screen is in landscape and you press * (on alphanumerical keyboard), active homescreen dissapear. I think you should add torch as feature, maybe on long press "space" button as on E72
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dgt13

Agreed with Budovi (and anttiah), the problems aren't always FW related. Personally my E75 works just great, atleast all the features I use. No calls dropping, GPS works fast, all mailboxes sync fine (on Nokia Messaging), using menus etc. is fast. The M4E problem they should have fixed ages ago though.

And same as anttiah, I don't restore any old s*it when updating as imo it's invitation for trouble.

The only thing that I'm disappointed at so far is the lack of support for Maps 3.03 ->

E75 * Firmware 211.12.01 * Maps v3.01 09wk44 b01 * Map version 0.1.29.100
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

willy_d and RogueX007: did you solve this problem with the displays? Based on your comments I'm almost 100% sure that the problem is in the HW and our service centers should be able to sort this out quite quickly.

chaicka: Are you sure you don't have any applications like World Traveler which are updating their content automatically? There's few apps which can be set to update information on some intervals even though these apps are not open. Call drops sound also quite interesting, so if you will, please send me information of e.g. which operator's network you're using and in which areas this kind of problems appear.  

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

I want to report bug with auto-rotation function. When i use this function, my backlight never turn off. Descripsion: I have phone in position which causes landscape screen orientation, and I do nothing, phone try to turn backlight off. When it happens, the screen orientation is changed to portrait and backlight is turned on again. Then position of mobile causes rotation to landscape and this "cycle" will never end. Thanks so much for fix in new fw.
Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

Hi Guys,

Just for u r information, I am using apps such as World Traveller,Add.com.Manager, flash light, timer etc,etc. without any problem. for u r information please
Please use plain text.
laleffe

Hello,

I have two questions:

-how long does the battery last ? My E75 is dead after 48-72h without any intensive usage...I am wondering how long it should last in normal usage.

-I understand that a new FW is planned with better Sync implemented (I can sync my mails & agenda but my contacts are not synced at all) When will it be available ?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Aphel_Aura

Hi Iaitos:

Just to clarify: the next rollout of FW for the E75 will not be 210.xx.xx, but will be 211.xx.xx, correct?  And this also means that the intended fixes in 210.xx.xx that the rest of us missed will be included in 211.xx.xx?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Aphel_Aura wrote:

Hi Iaitos:

Just to clarify: the next rollout of FW for the E75 will not be 210.xx.xx, but will be 211.xx.xx, correct?  And this also means that the intended fixes in 210.xx.xx that the rest of us missed will be included in 211.xx.xx?

Thanks.

Yup, exactly like this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chris_m

Hi everyone, hi Nokia staff,

just to get it right. Does fixing the MfE sync issue means that my mail (gmail imap and calendar) will finaly keep syncing forever and not just for 6 weeks, after which I have to hard reset everything and start over again?

This is the most annoying bug I encountered and I would really appreciate having it fixed.

The strange thing is that the phone is still able to connect to the gmail imap server and flawlessly reads old mails, even those I have never read before. But it doesn't recognizes new ones, sending mails still works.

btw:

software:  210.12.15 of 31-01-10 (but problem existed with all other versions too)

E75-1, RM-412

Regards

chris_m

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi laitos,
I am very sure cause the E75 in my location doesn't comes with World Traveler. Press and hold the HOME button which displays a list of open applications show only two apps - one is the 'Menu', the other is 'Home Scr'. Nothing else and I have cultivated the habit to close all apps after use.

laitos wrote:

chaicka: Are you sure you don't have any applications like World Traveler which are updating their content automatically? There's few apps which can be set to update information on some intervals even though these apps are not open. Call drops sound also quite interesting, so if you will, please send me information of e.g. which operator's network you're using and in which areas this kind of problems appear.  

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm just wondering when this new update is going to be available in the UK, I still cannot see this version via the OVI suite updater that I use. Even when I go to the Nokia.co.uk support WWW site and choose E75 its says the latest version is still 202.12.01

Cheers

Paul

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

paulpowwow wrote:

I'm just wondering when this new update is going to be available in the UK, I still cannot see this version via the OVI suite updater that I use. Even when I go to the Nokia.co.uk support WWW site and choose E75 its says the latest version is still 202.12.01

Cheers

Paul

UK is always a bit special country and updated SW takes a bit longer time due to some country specific requirements. There's a lenghty thread about the delays with UK variants:

/t5/Software-Updates/Firmware-Updates-in-the-UK-Campaign-for-Equality/m-p/530013#M63068

Otherwise things are going as planned and the new firmware has been built and it's being tested at the moment. Testing takes some time, but at least for now things are looking as good as expected. I'll keep you posted!

chris_m, I'll send you a PM and ask some more details.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi Laitos,

Six months back I upgraded to 202.12.01. Ever since I have been having the problems of Downloading HTML emails from my Corporate microsoft exchange account. The error message said " Mail for Exchange : Security policy that allows downloading HTML messages is disabled". I learnt from my colleague that there was an update. It turned out to be 210.12.15. I tired to upgrade over the air via the device manager". It said there are no new updates". I contacted Nokia care centre in India and the email from you also said that there is an upgrade i.e 210.12.15. Apparently this is now taken off. I checked it on the website by entering the phone code. It said the latest version is still 202.12.01,  which is what I have.

After spending a bomb on this phone(I did not like touch and wanted a rugged key pad for my fast key punching),  I  was not getting any value out of this phone.   I was planning to buy a blackberry as a replacement after junking this phone. I went through all the conversations out here and each of the problems faced is true with me as well.

There seems to be a glimmer of hope after you said there is a release planned anytime now. I hope you guys are not compromising the quality of testing to meet the schedules. We will be disappointed again if that is the case.  Please keep us posted on the progress. Nokia owes this to  all the loyal customers like me(15 years).

Ciao

Vathsa

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi vathsa,

You should still be able to get the updated SW from your nearest service center, but this depends on which variant you have. You can send me your product code via PM (found from the type label) and I'll check which is the latest SW.

And things are still proceeding as well as expected and testing is ongoing. I still won't give you any exact release date, but at the moment my estimate is that the 211.12.XX release would be available via FOTA and NSU after ~2 weeks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

It is almost after 2 weeks :-)

Any sight of the new firmware ? Any progress ?

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

At the moment it looks like that we could release the SW on Thursday afternoon (GMT+2). I can't unfortunately confirm this, but I'll let you know on Thursday when I get the confirmation. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Would be very nice :smileytongue:

Hope to hear possitive from you :-)

Please use plain text.