Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with E75 firmware 211.12.01

Counsellor
Budovi

Problems with E75 firmware 211.12.01

New feedback:

* bug with RDS is still there

* hidden WLAN you can still find in a bomb shelter

* I have good idea for future relases :smileyhappy: Maybe you can add updated OVI Store into firmware, because you have to download and install latest version manually (again)

* of course, stupid bug with display rotation function still drain my battery

* maybe one good thing: problem with "messing up icons in the menu" and "bug with installer" were solved, or I'm just lucky and haven't register it yet

* I haven't problems with phone stability

And I will be happy if nokia add torch feature for this phone

E75 (RM-412) fw: 211.12.01
Please use plain text.
frigo

I've noticed that the GPS Data app now shows the Sat status, even before achieving a GPS fix. Back to normal.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ginoputrino

This one broke all my voip/sip accounts. I had to recreate them from scratch.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meatpoint

I had no problems with the old firmware and have no problems with the new one.

:smileytongue:

installed over NSU (netherlands), and all went well.

I cant find in the changelog if anything happend with the Other-files issue, because a lot of people mentioned it. I can not check if its fixed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SyFr

I am offering a torch for this phone, which you can get on Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/36102

PhoneTorch flashlight for Symbian phones: http://www.phonetorch.com
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

I think that on phone like this should be torch built-in...

Today I find out that "bug with installer" is not only with installer but I don't know why it again happened (all icons marked with ball that they are in use or contain app in use, nothing can be (un)installed).... Hmm if I can help to solve this annoying bug I will do it...

Now I'm searching "source" because I think that this problem is only on my phone (bad theme? I will be trying)....
E75 (RM-412) fw: 211.12.01
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi laitos,

Any news on when / if this firmware will be available in the UK?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

charlescrawley wrote:

Hi laitos,

Any news on when / if this firmware will be available in the UK?

Cheers

Hi,

This is something to which I have very little influencing possibilities or visibility at all. I'll check with my local colleaques in UK if they have any plans of approving this release, but I can't publish their answer in any case.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

budovi: can you send me the details of which app you installed and what happened? Screenshots would also be very interesting :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

So, depending on whether someone can be bothered to "approve" this f/w release, which by all accounts has minimal actual fixes to anything that has been requested, we in the UK might be lucky to receive it... But you can't tell us whether we will or will not.

Utterly ridiculous.

I am not berating you personally, laitos, but it really does look as if Nokia have just given up on the E75 and we can, basically, all go hang... Lovely.

That's it for me... I am not sure what my next and subsequent phones will be, but they will most certainly not be Nokias. Nor will my wife's. Nor will anyone else who has had the misfortune to own an E75, if they have any sense.

Regards

Please use plain text.

When will this update be available in North America?

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

charlescrawley, I've said this before but it seems like I have to say it again: There are some things of which I can discuss and there are things of which I can't discuss in public. I have to play pre-defined set of rules or risk losing my job which more or less forces me to play only by the rules...

And yes, variant availability and approvals is one of those things which I can't really talk about. Another problem is that I have no power or even visibility to this area, so it's hard for me to even get the information to myself.

I still have to say that even though I can't discuss some things with you, it doesn't mean that I don't do anything behind the curtains.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

laitos,

As I said in my previous post, I was not criticising you. My criticism is aimed at Nokia as an organisation and is based on my perception of how it is treating us E75 owners. I entirely understand the parameters under which you are able to assist us and have no issue with that. Your input is appreciated, so I am sorry if I came across as critical of you, personally.

I will continue to criticise Nokia, however, in the strongest terms as, until proved otherwise,  I believe that they have no intention of providing any further quality support for our phones. There have been no firmware updates since November 2009 and things are so bad that the E75 seems to have been removed from the "Support for phones and devices", "Select model" drop-down menu on the Nokia UK site: http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/download-software#

Now, this may be a simple oversight, but it speaks volumes to me.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Does anyone know when it will be avaliable in Sweden?

Please use plain text.
GuruCymru

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have updated the firmware last week and am having difficulty with Mail for Exchange.  It was working perfectly well before the new firmware.  However, now it seems that my E75 cannot synchronise with my exchange server.  In testing further I found that my phone's web browser is now unable to access the OWA website page also.  I checked it out on Opera - same thing.  I purchased RoadSync - same thing again!  I've tried to mess about with the settings - including the security ones - no difference.  I finally tried Emoze - and hey presto!  Emoze works, but it does not sync ToDo/Tasks - which I need.  So I'd much prefer to return to Mail for Exchange - which was working well for me previously. 

The webmail page (https://webmail.carmarthenshire.gov.uk/exchange) is a secure one and I'm wondering whether that's the issue.  The webmail page works fine on desktop computers.  Is there a setting somewhere on the E75 which switches access to secure web sites off and on?  Or is this something else?

Help please!  This is driving me nuts!  By the way - I live in the UK - and updated easily through OviSuite.

Please use plain text.
franswiggers

Greetings to All,

After the dramas with the previous upgrade with version 210.12.15 I was rather reluctant to install this version 211.12.01 upgrade. Having learnt my lesson I prepared myself well: full backup of the phone and disk check of the e-drive.

Result: after the upgrade it turned out that Mail for Exchange wasn’t synchronizing anymore with my company Exchange server. The remedy I deployed: deleting the MfE mailbox, switch off the phone, switch on the phone again, creating a new MfE mailbox. After that it was synchronizing again.

For the rest the phone is working fine with version 211.12.01.

However I keep being worried about the synchronization issues with MfE. It is my business phone and I cannot allow myself being without business mail when traveling.

Kind regards

Frans.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

charlescrawley wrote:

laitos,

As I said in my previous post, I was not criticising you. My criticism is aimed at Nokia as an organisation and is based on my perception of how it is treating us E75 owners. I entirely understand the parameters under which you are able to assist us and have no issue with that. Your input is appreciated, so I am sorry if I came across as critical of you, personally.

No worries, I won't take this kind of comments too personally. I finally have some good news for you: I contacted my UK colleaques on last week and during this weekend I got a message that they've now requested an urgent update to the UK variants. Unfortunately I still haven't got any schedule estimate, but I'd guess that this takes 2-3 weeks max.

GuruCymru: Have you contacted your own help desk regarding this issue? To me it sounds like that there's some kind of problem in e.g. certificates and they should be able to help you.

Anyhow, I'm going on a four week vacation after this week and I'll try not to work during this time :smileyhappy: My colleaque will take care of E75 during this time, but I'm not sure if he'll participate in these discussions. Let's see.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
IBE_usa

like most of E75 owners i just give up i'm so disappointed from this phone and from Nokia's way of dealing with its problems that this is my last Nokia phone i'll ever own

250$ gone to waste... 

thank u Laitos for trying to help us.... we know its not easy with all the problems the phone have and the loyalty u still need to show for Nokia... we really appreciate it

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

In mail for exchange, the previous version 202.12.01, download the remaing message is not allowed, is this solved in this version?

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

baldricni wrote:

In mail for exchange, the previous version 202.12.01, download the remaing message is not allowed, is this solved in this version?

Yeah, this is fixed. Fix was already in 210 SW release.

Please use plain text.