Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with E75 firmware 211.12.01

Sage
andy232

Laitos - enjoy the vacation, you work for Nokia so you bloody deserve it! :smileyvery-happy:  

When you get back, I'm pretty sure that every single Nokia E75 owner would love to know if this new update fixes the 'Other Files' problem.

Y'know the one: you buy a brand new E75 from a Nokia flagship store, and just as you want to ask them why the 'Other Files' folder is strangely eating up your phone's pathetic internal memory, you find out that Nokia have closed the store. You call customer service who don't help, you send the phone to Palco in Alabama, they send it back and the problem still exists... Gray hairs accumulate on your head as you wonder if that $400 you spent 4 months ago was actually worth it, seeing as Nokia seem to have distanced themselves from their own product, as if the E75 was a drunken mistake, and each family get-together is just awkward, with nobody talking or making eye contact around the dinner table.  

Just wondering.  That's all.

Enjoy the vacation!

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
datacolor

Well I've used this firmware on my e75 with product code 0570135 and now I don't get a single bar of reception !! I tried re-installing x3 and even tried 3 different sims with no luck..Just bloody great Nokia !!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

thanks laitos, but my E75 is Hongkong version, I didn't find any 210 version update at all, I hope 211 will be released for Hongkong version. How can I be sure that it will release to Hongkong variant??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

New feedback:

* bug with RDS is still there

* hidden WLAN you can still find in a bomb shelter

* I have good idea for future relases :smileyhappy: Maybe you can add updated OVI Store into firmware, because you have to download and install latest version manually (again)

* of course, stupid bug with display rotation function still drain my battery

* maybe one good thing: problem with "messing up icons in the menu" and "bug with installer" were solved, or I'm just lucky and haven't register it yet

* I haven't problems with phone stability

And I will be happy if nokia add torch feature for this phone

E75 (RM-412) fw: 211.12.01

Hi, Budovi, what is RDS?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

RDS is system for recognizing name (and now playing track) of the radio stations.
Please use plain text.
winston69

Hi, i've upgraded to 211.12.01 on my E75 and.....
almost impossible to connect to GPS and see satellite
when i lanch the ovi maps - blu bar loading up - then at then it goes off. is somebody facing similar issues ?
Thansk
Please use plain text.
crox72

I'm in the UK, can't upgrade past v 202.12.01 either. I like the phone, it's well made and it works, but Nokia is a shambles, can't buy a licence for ovi maps, can't upgrade the phone, it's a disgrace. What I can do is buy an iPhone, android or win7 device. Wake up Nokia, or it's game over.
Please use plain text.
GuruCymru

Hi Winston

I have the exact same problem.  I have purchased an extension to my maps voice navigation for my E75 for another year - just before I went on holiday - in order to be able to find the holiday destination!  I then upgraded my firmware (as you have) and...

I open Maps and it comes on for a few seconds - I see the map I saw last time I used it, the satelite bar goes blank, then goes strangely striped red - then sometimes finds the signal, sometimes does not, but regardless - the whole maps software switches off - usually takes about 5-10 seconds for the whole thing to happen.

I have deleted my old maps - uploaded new ones, loaded the software again - tried everything - to no avail.

The GPS data software works well and Google Maps and ViewRanger both work fine.  But still no maps... 

Nokia - how do I go about asking for my money back?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

to winston69:
Go to your memory card and delete "cities" folder and "qf" file, then open maps again. You will have to download maps with maploader again. If it don't help, re-install maps with newest version.

For others: I haven't any problems with GPS, GPS fix with A-GPS turned on in 30s. Try to reset your phone with *#7370#, don't restore settings after reset (make backup because you loose your data)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zvonicek

RDS unfortunately still does not work :-( ...

Please use plain text.
urrfaust

My phone is working fine (apart from the not-yet-for-free Maps...). VOIP works, browsing works, apps run fine, installed skype, fring and others and it never locks up.

One thing though really bugs me:

The email client. Why on earth there's not an option to always accept certificate from certificate-less email servers? I just have "accept this time only" and "view certificate details". It really cannot be difficult to fix it. I have to manually select "accept this time only" every time the client connects to the mail server, thus rendering the point of a background runnning client utterly pointless.

please fix this and I'll be happy!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi, I am facing a new problem after the upgrade of my E75 to 211.12.01 version. My calender alarm does not give sound/vibrate alerts for meetings. And I saw a message pop up at the meeting time that some events have been missed due to change of time. But I never have changed the time.. so not sure what is happening here. Even checked the automatic time updates in the Date/Time settings and it was off. So something nasty has happened in this version I believe since the alerts always used to work well for me earlier. Syncing up the calender is of no use now if I am not alerted for the meetings. Not sure what the test folks in Nokia are doing but certainly its not something expected of Nokia. Anybody has any clue how to get a workaround for this bug? When is the next update due ? Thanks, George
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

To urrfaust:

At first, SSL encryption is good way to be protected from phishing and other internet threads. You should contact your email provider and 1, ask for the certificate if it use its own certificate (provider has not enough money to buy certificate from CA) 2, demand using new certificate, if it use out-dated certificate.

You can also turn SSL off if provider support it.

And I think that it is not a problem with email client. In symbian OS, SSL certificates are controlled globally. You get same warn when using web browser, which is built-in, or when you are using opera, nokia email...

Please use plain text.
urrfaust

It's my own mail server and I can't afford to buy an official certificate from a certification authority.

I tried to disable "certificate verification" in settings->applications->application manager and it didn't work. Email client keeps asking if I want to accept the certificate this time only. I've also noticed that the web browser offers the option "accept always" when I visit an encrypted page.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi, laitos, do you know how can I let Nokia gives the release this new firmware 211.12.01 to Hongkang E75? I am crying~~~
Please use plain text.
Professor
reinob

>urrfaust wrote:

>It's my own mail server and I can't afford to buy an official certificate from a certification >authority.

>I tried to disable "certificate verification" in settings->applications->application manager and

>it didn't work. Email client keeps asking if I want to accept the certificate this time only. I've

>also noticed that the web browser offers the option "accept always" when I visit an

>encrypted page.

If you want to use SSL with your own (untrusted) certificate, then you need to somehow install the certificate on your phone.

As far as I can tell, the experience you're having is perfectly correct.

Now, I have never installed a privately-signed certificate on my Nokia, but searching in google shows some promising information.

See here: http://sw.nokia.com/id/a60ed5ab-c2fc-486c-89d0-2695b67ffec4/Installing_Certificates_to_S60_3rd_Editi...

also here: http://sw.nokia.com/id/4c2373a8-2b94-4b6a-8e70-95cc9ac9841c/Creating_Certificates_for_a_Web_Server_U...

and here: http://www.xargs.com/s60/s60-cert.html

Let us know if this solves the problem!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nb2k

Hi Laitos,

First time poster long time stalker.  Thanks for your good work.  It is people like you that drag old companies like Nokia kicking and screaming into the new world.

Understandably you don't have control over it but have you heard of any news on the UK release?

From reading your last post RE the UK you said "I got a message that they've now requested an urgent update to the UK variants."  Does this mean they found a few bugs in it and want them sorted prior to release?  Any expansion on this that you are capable of would be great.

I have a E75 UK variant (E75-1, RM-412, 0577045, 202.12.01) and Ovi Suite shows an update available to the 211.12.01 but it fails everytime I try (even after factory defaulting).  I have tried an OTA update but that shows that there is no update.  I guess this is because the UK haven't released it.

On a side note are the different variants hardware based or just software and if it is software based can a Care Centre change this?

The reason I ask is that the phone was bought whilst living in the UK and now I live in Australia it would be good to have it set to the country I am in.

I understand your pain with the different countries.  I was working for a German manufacturer in the UK and they also held back software releases.  There will be bugs no matter how many countries try to test it themselves.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

Yeah, UK variant was released ~4 weeks ago but there are some problems due to which it's available only via service centers. We're working on this problem and I hope that we'd be able to solve this soon.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

I found out new problems, with JAVA apps
1, some apps are not working, error message: java class definition missing (for example "3D graphic")
2, some apps running fine on other s60v3
phones are freezing and do not work correctly

A month ago, I thought that it is normal that some applications are not compatible... But it is problem with several applications and I format three times now and problem is still there, so it is bug... And annoy me
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

Any news on any future firmware? (3xx.xx.xx)

Best regards,

A customer

Please use plain text.