Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Removing camera protector piece from E72

Contributor
zide

Removing camera protector piece from E72

Hello guys,

I've been using an E72 for quite a while, and now the camera cover piece ( this piece ) has a smal gap on the lens side... I've been trying to press it back, but I can't.

What I want to know is if there is any safe way to take this piece out so I can try to fix it. I've forced the piece out and it seems to be glued so I stopped before I got it damaged...

Please let me know if you have any experience on this and if there is a safe method to remove this in order to put it back right.

By the way, my phone is now without warranty.

Kind regards,

RR

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: Removing camera protector piece from E72

Hi zide,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

I would recommend visiting a care centre. Depending on the damage it might not be as expensive to fix. Trying to fix it yourself can result in damaging the lense, ruining the camera even more which will be way more expensive to fix.

You can find your nearest care centre by visiting your local Nokia web page and clicking on the Support tab. 

Hope this helps.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zide

Re: Removing camera protector piece from E72

Thank you for your reply!

Actually, my phone was still under warranty! I thought it had a 12 month warranty because it was bought in the UK and I'm in Portugal but the 24 month one applies in all E.U. countries! Nice surprise!

I've just left it at a care center this afternoon.

Regards,

RR

Please use plain text.