Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

The new NOKIA E6

Counsellor
arbakul

Re: The new NOKIA E6

same here

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

The e-mail application really needs a nice and simple "on demand" option to check for new e-mails.

Not everyone needs their e-mail pushed to the home screen in near real time or at timed intervals and the application overriding your global connection settings and forcing a data connection to do so.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
harunorhan

Is it better to turn off the phone at night or should we keep it on?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

that depends on the user i think most people do turn off their phones at night to be honest

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
harunorhan

Relating to the battery life of course
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

in the long run it would be better for battery to switch off

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
harunorhan

okay thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

Some more E6 issues.

When connected to a bluetooth speaker the volume controls do not adjust the playback volume.

Having used the very useful ability to download and install maps directly with the phone and not having to go through Ovi suite. There appears to be no way of uninstalling them with the phone alone, certainly from within the Maps application. Please can this be fixed.

The camera does not save the flash setting, whether you set it to red eye or off, it always reverts back to auto flash after exit. My previous phones and proper cameras don't do this and I don't think the E6 should either.

... and what is the purpose of the red light from the flash led's when taking  picture with the flash switched off?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

[ Edited ]

The phone and the concept is awesome,

These bugs are Killing me. I want to use it so badly. But in the end. I'm going to give it back.

No one is telling if it's going to be fixed, when, what happened.

If I spend so much money on a phone, I expect it to work, and to keep up to its promise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
lee_best

It's fair to say that I am a huge fan of the Nokia QWERTY E Series, having had an E71, E72, E5 and now the E6.

Unfortunately, Three have opted not to sell the E6 so I bought it Sim Free and it works perfectly.

Signal pick up is amazing, I live (almost) under a cell site and the E5 was dropped out loads. Call quality is brilliant, but I would expect no less from Nokia

The new Symbian Anna has given the Nokia E6 a well deserved new look and the pre-installed features and Ovi Store are amazing!

The email application is even more fluid than previous versions i've used and this is great as I deal with a lot of correspondance via my phone.

The only annoyance that I have found is that there is no option to enter a memo into the calendar. Is there any plans to bring back the memo feature to the calendar? It would make a happy E Series fan even happier!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

I can't believe this ..... No notification  Light problem ore vibration to week?

Could you please post a picture of your Nokia E6 notificationlight?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jdowd

[ Edited ]

Blowkick wrote: -The little slider on the side that unlocks the screen feels rather flimsy. I'm having a hard time imagining it will outlive the 2 years of my new subscription. Not to mention the fact that its placement makes it very prone to unwanted unlocking because that is exactly where I'll hold the phone when pulling it out of my pocket. I want it to unlock with an intended move, not just because I happen to slide it by accident when taking the phone in my hands in my pocket. This is also the biggest beef I have with my new phone right now.

I had this problem too and thought it was the slider switch. I keep the phone in my pocket and during the first few days I often found it with the keyboard lock open in my pocket. Once it even attempted to call the emergency number.

Turns out the keyboard lock lever was not to blame for this. It was because of my old habit (from previous phone): I regularly pull out the phone from my pocket, press the select key to check time and immediately slip it back to my pocket.

The select key on the E6 activates a large touch area on the LCD that opens the keyboard lock, providing an alternative means for unlocking. This touch area remains active for too long. It also doesn't require swipe to unlock, just a quick touch. The touch area should either require swipe, or it should disappear well before the rest of the display goes to screen saver mode (say, in 3 s instead of about 10 s).

Once I figured out this was causing my problem, I've learned to avoid it. Basically I now check the time by unlocking and immediately locking with the slider switch, and it hasn't spuriously unlocked ever since. But I still find the select key method more convenient (it's easier to find without looking) and I find the 10 second wait annoying.

edit: just to be clear, I love the side lever...it's very convenient when I'm actually locking or unlocking the keyboard. It doesn't feel flimsy to me either, quite the opposite.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jerre123

My first QWERTY phone and I'm loving it (I have the E6 now 1 month). Typing goes very fast. The hardware is of a premium quality and to fair the software is not as bad as some people claim. Ok it needs a bit of tweaking to let it behave to your wishes but then it works like a charm. There is always room for improvements but it works better than I expected after reading all the comments on the net.

The notification light on the black model is indeed very very weak but there are already ways to bypass that with 3th party software.  But to be honest I don’t miss the notification light so much (I carry the phone always with me)

I tweaked it to get a long battery life: With 2h of FM radio/day and casual
surfing phoning and SMS and Email fetch once/h it will last 4 to 5 days. But
with all whistles on it is possible to drain the battery in less than a day.

More than happy user here

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

was thinkin of gettin rid of my X7 for this but same 0S email is terrible notification light not an issue,as X7 dont have one but i use sleeping screen for that,dont think its available yet for the E6.one thing for the E6 and X7 they look nice for the rest there is alot to be desired

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

After using the phone for 1 week the top issues are:

1. Battery life (maximum 1 day rather than 1 month => pathetic)
  2. Hotmail sync not working (seems to be a Symbian Anna generic issue)
  3. Notification light so small you can consider it's actually non existent
  4. vibration is too low
  5. auto text correction has flaws (still double-space doesn't make a full-stop, etc.)

There are more but these are the one's that annoy me most.

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Had a go of one these today for a few hour i will pass.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bunty013

Just open Email client and press Z.

Please use plain text.
Pyra

[ Edited ]

Have E6-00 now for a week or so.

-seeming incompatibility/unavailability of programs like Handy Safe 

-a rather strong light which shines from somewhere inside when the phone is charged (like at night in the bedroom)

- browser, typing new web-adresses, zooming

- have to use slider to see who calls and answer, is a nuisance but I may be doing something wrong here

In most other things (incl tweaking for best battery performance) phone is great, better than E72.

I use "Situations" as a program to define what should be on and off in the various modes (like Bluetooth off in Silent mode to save energy)

The 5 homescreens are great! Camera is perfect for outdoors, even if zoom function is limited.

I have gotten used to the two step forward, one backward way of enjoying new stuff. Just do not understand why a company like Nokia is not able to get it right for more than 100%.

But then I don't like the Galaxy S2, and the IPhone at all... 

Ciao,

Pyra

Please use plain text.