Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to uninstall some Apps/Widgets in my No...

Contributor
obaidfarooq

Unable to uninstall some Apps/Widgets in my Nokia E5.

A few months earlier I went to Nokia care because my phone had an issue. The problem was not fixed, and my phone was replaced by another Nokia E5. In this phone whenever I try to uninstall some apps an error message "Removing cancelled" is appeared, and the app is not uninstalled. Following seven apps are problematic:

1. Twitter

2. MySpace

3. Bloomberg

4. AP Mobile

5. Chat Apps

6. Hi5

7. Friendster

I uninstalled these apps in my old phone without any problem. I have reset the phone many times, and I have the latest version of the firmware. Please help me resolve the issue.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kirksnap

Re: Unable to uninstall some Apps/Widgets in my Nokia E5.

Hi Obaidfarooq, 

You may try to do a soft reset on your phone first by dialling *#7780# and enter the default security code 12345 if not changed. It will only restore the settings back to default one without deleting any data on your device. After doing so, try again to uninstall the applications/widgets on your phone by following the steps below:

1.  Select Menu
  2. Go to Ctrl. panel
  3. Open Data mgr.
  4.  Select App. mgr.
  5. Scroll to a application package, and select Options > Uninstall.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.

Br,

Kirksnap

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JapanRobots

dude,i hav already tried this trick.but unfortunately it doesn't work..
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

What type of reset did you perform on your phone? If you haven't done hard reset, you can do this by dialing *#7370#. Default code is 12345 unless otherwise changed. This reset will delete all data saved on the device and will return settings into its default. 

Note: When creating a backup file, exclude phone settings and applications, just to make sure. If these are not pre-installed apps, it will be removed.

Keep us posted for any updates on this. :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

If you cant remove an app its built in with the software

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.